HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Recommend cheap tapered blades, please!

Old
01-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Devil Dancer

vCash: 500
Recommend cheap tapered blades, please!

I bought a tapered shaft that came with a couple of blades, but now that they are gone I'm having a hard time finding more. I'm looking for something cheap that I can use for either ice or roller, but I do play a lot more roller than ice. Since I'm still basically a beginner, price and durability are more important than performance.

If you could give specific web sites where I could find them that would be very helpful.

Thanks for the help.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
No such thing But yeah honestly the cheapest tapered you'll probably find, off the top my head, is the Vapor XXX Lite blade and it's wooden, but still runs about $30. I do see a few guys around using it...but as with wood the consistancy and durability will be a slight issue.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Miami Panther

Actually, someone on here (forgot who it was) told me about this blade. I play hockey on my friend's extremely rough street and this particular blade lasts for months and months. Let me put it in perspective. I received a synergy shaft for Christmas last year (2006). I looked everywhere and I couldn't find what I wanted. Finally, someone on here enlightened me. My friends and I try to play every weekend. I just put in my third blade a few weeks ago. I don't take many slappers because I want to help preserving my blade due to the extremely rough surface we play on. On a roller rink, you should not have a problem with slappers. Hope I helped.

EDIT: Here is the thread in which I found out about this blade. (look at post #14)

Last edited by Miami Panther: 01-09-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Miami Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 07:50 AM
stick9

Hockeymonkey.com has pro-stock tapered blades from Warrior and Mission on sale.

I've used a CCM 892 tapered wood blade. Not bad and it was less then $30.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
bleedgreen

you get what you pay for, brutha.

unless you get those pro stocks available on hockey monkey, which you dont have much of an idea on what the pattern actually is, youre looking at about 50 bones. for durability i like warrior, and i think the rbk sickick blades are very strong. easton tends to not last.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Devil Dancer

Thanks for the help so far. Any other recommendations?

The good news is my non-tapered blades for my other shaft should be here next week, so I can finally get rid of my POS Nike ONE20 woods, which are terrible.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote