HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Blues @ Sharks l Gm.2 l 3-1 Sharks l Sharks Lead 2-0

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Hockeycrazed07

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Take a picture first, then take it off
Too late. SJ is guaranteed at least one more home game, so next game, I'll take a picture. I couldn't wait to jump in the shower. Face paint, while nice looking, is really awful to have on one's face.

~Crazed.

Old
04-10-2004, 07:56 PM
mage23

Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury77
WHO'S NOT:

St. Louis - Doug Weight, one goal after February 20.

San Jose - Patrick Marleau, one goal in last 18 games.

Kinda funny how that worked out, eh?

Old
04-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Tonights SNOG winner goes to...

Wild GM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM
3-1 Sharks
First playoff SNOG!! Congrats!!

PS This is lame that I have to keep movin the SNOG attachment around. Gimme my SNOG image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNOG2.jpg‎ (58.5 KB, 15 views)

04-10-2004, 10:57 PM
corbanSOG
Registered Loser

i actually predicted 3-1 to my friend while we were at the game and i said that while the sharks have great depth, marleau's gonna have to start scoring for the sharks to succeed...and wham! i must be good mojo.

oh man, what a game. my voice is gonna be gone for days, i was screaming and shouting so much. st louis fans may complain, but the blues tried to play physical against the sharks and wound up taking some dumb penalties. we were all going so nuts when all those blues were crowding into the box at the end. and when patty got the trick and mclaren laid out the big hit...man, it was crazy in there. best game ive ever been to, but that may just be because it's the first playoff game i've ever been to. great win. shutout and free pizza (for scoring 4 goals)would have been nice, but the win is nicer.

proooonnnngeeerrrrrrr! seemed to spend half the game in the box. it was the only time he wasn't on the ice. and the mclaren hit should be in highlight reels for years to come.

Last edited by corbanSOG: 04-10-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old
04-10-2004, 11:41 PM
corbanSOG
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
would love ot see a clip in the future if possible

sharks vs blues highlights

includes the mclaren hit. it's from sjsharks.com though so don't expect to see any blues highlights.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:00 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbanSOG
it's from sjsharks.com though so don't expect to see any blues highlights.
Did they do anything in the game today to warrant highlights?

Old
04-11-2004, 12:10 AM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbanSOG
sharks vs blues highlights

includes the mclaren hit. it's from sjsharks.com though so don't expect to see any blues highlights.
helluva hit.

That along with Maltby on Zdlicky, Morrow on I think Tanguay, and Tonights hit [Neil?] on Tucker are the best ones so far this play-off season.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Did they do anything in the game today to warrant highlights?
I actually thought Osgood made some amazing saves, considering he hurt his groin in the pre-game and his knee behind the net. Only one Shark beat him, after all. He did pretty well.

~Crazed.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:26 AM
*midnitehockey

When McLaren gave that hit, I thought there'd been an earthquake... Ouch, that must have hurt...

SJ really showed a lot of discipline and composure. I've seen teams refuse to be drawn into penalties before, but usually they're yapping back and forth a lot, and get called for a few coincidentals because of it. Sharks did a good job of turning the other cheek (in the case of Hannan, literally), kept cool focussing on their own play and let the Blues destroy themselves.

Rewatching the tape I lost track of all the times Chucky made a dirty play or tried to draw our guys into the box. He was in the box half the time, and they still didn't get every call, lol. And I hadn't noticed before how he really went for Nabby as he raced to the bench on the delayed Pronger call. I thought they basically just got tripped up...

Nice breakout game for Patty. And Vinnie had some nice moves out there (as usual)... especially that flip over Pronger to Marleau for the short-hander...

Nice work tonight, SJ...

Old
04-11-2004, 11:14 AM
X8oD

Pronger and Tkachuk, 9-10 mil a season players who regularly collapse and play undisicplined and uninsipred Play-off Hockey. There are a few things you can bet on each you. You can bet on a cinderella team, you can bet on JR giving it his all, and you can bet on Tkachuk and Pronger taking stupid penalties costing his team another round 1 or 2 exit.

arguments sake, with how this series is going, if they get ousted in a sweep, do they still pay pronger 10 mil a season?

Old
04-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Street Hawk

well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD
arguments sake, with how this series is going, if they get ousted in a sweep, do they still pay pronger 10 mil a season?
Well, I would say that it's a pretty say bet that if the Blues do NOT qualify Pronger at his 9.5 million salary, he would leave for another team. I mean, think about it. Why would any of us take a pay cut to remain with the Blues team the way it is right now? You would talk a pay cut if the team was in a position to win the Cup, but the Blues aren't in that position right now.

In all likelihood, Al MacInnis is going to retire in the summer and I don't foresee the Blues using his 7.5 million dollar salary to upgrade the team. They might want to cut payroll, given the lack of success this team has had in the playoffs lately. As for Demitra, he'll be a RFA, but would be in the same boat as Pronger, qualified at 6.5 million. Might be too high for the Blues and I would say it would be a wise gamble for the Blues to let him test the UFA waters and try to get him back at closer to 5 million.

Blues pretty much have to qualify Pronger and try to upgrade their team, ala SJ with some good youngsters to give the team hope for the future. If they can be a better team, then they can be in a position where Pronger would sign a long term deal at a lower annual salary. But, he has to be in a position to win in St. Louis before he would take a cut in pay.

Closed Thread