HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators @ Columbus 6:00 CST 1/12/08

Old
01-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
GDT: Predators @ Columbus 6:00 CST 1/12/08

at

January 12th, 2008
Nationwide Arena
Columbus, Ohio

TV: FSN Ohio - no local TV
Radio: 104.5 FM

Discuss

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
RollingPredFan

Oh goodie, we have to listen to the happy homers again!

Needless to say we really need any points we can get, but somehow I think we're due to drop one to these guys. Boy I hope I'm wrong.

More than likely Mason in net, he plays well against the Jackets. Maybe he can get on a roll

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
braindead

This feels like a make or break weekend for the Preds. Well, maybe not that, but a great opportunity to get squarely back into the middle of things with two wins against divisional opponents. Split them and you are still trudging along trying to catch up. Drop both and it feels like we fall off the cliff again. Big, big games.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Oh man, prepare to get really angry with the pbp guys.

My prediction:

5-3 Preds. Arnot with a G/A, Dumont G, Erat 2a.

Its too bad Tootoo is out....I was expecting a G/A/Fight/And one opponent with a nice bite-sized chunk missing .

01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Jarnberg

I have a feeling our streak ends tonight

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Our affiliate is infuriating. Tuesday's Kings game was the last televised game for a week and a half.

We, along with our fellow FSN South buddies the Hurricanes, get the shaft more than any team in the league on our TV deal.

Hope the viewers are enjoying episode number 45 of "The Best Damn..." of the day, or perhaps a World's Strongest Man competition? That's what the people really want.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:04 PM
anteater90

Hi all.

I came to see if Tootoo was out as reported. Our paper is listing Federov as out with a hip pointer. Should be a fun one. Just take our announcers for the wierd homers they are and it is easier to swallow. Not quite as exciting as the balcony guys form the muppets you guys have but hey its all in fun. Should be a fun one tonight.

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:52 PM
CaptLou

I think Toots is supposed to be out at least a week and up to 3 weeks with a hip problem. btw love the Statler and Waldorf reference!

CaptLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLou View Post
I think Toots is supposed to be out at least a week and up to 3 weeks with a hip problem. btw love the Statler and Waldorf reference!

Tootoo can't do much: Because of the nature of his hip flexor injury, Predators bruiser Jordin Tootoo can't do much more than sit and wait.

------------------------
from the local rag, below. btw: sorry for my lack of GDTs, but i got a new shift at work which means getting up @ 3 am as oppossed to getting home @ 3 am.

Quote:
Tootoo is expected to miss at least a week after getting hurt in Monday's loss to Anaheim. He said on Friday that he would have to wait for the flaring to subside and the fluid in the muscles to drain before he can start any sort of recovery activity and hoped he could start light activity on Monday.

"The hip flexor is probably one of the biggest muscles you use as a player with all the cuts and flexing," Tootoo said. "Right now I can barely walk."

Despite his predicament, Tootoo had a positive attitude.

"This is the perfect time for me to rejuvenate for the stretch to the last quarter of the season," Tootoo said. "I will come back strong."

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
oz615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I have a feeling our streak ends tonight
I got that same feeling too,because of the win streak against Columbus and we're the visitors,but hope to god i'm wrong on this one

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Paincakes

Radu!

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Is there any worse feeling in the World of sports than losing to the Columbus Blue Jackets?????

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Is there any worse feeling in the World of sports than losing to the Columbus Blue Jackets?????
I know, it's been awhile, but you still got a point I think the last win we had against you was in OT, when was the last time we played and you guys didn't get a point, sometime in 2005? Despite his gaffe, Hamhuis is a beast, I think that hipcheck on Boll will be playing on your pregame highlight package for years to come.

Jovavic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The CBJ announcers called this game like a playoff game....super excited, adding intensity in all situations. It made the game quite enjoyable actually, despite their blatant homerism . Tough to lose, but you have to score more than 1 goal to win a game.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 09:55 PM
braindead

Good game by both teams, good game by both goalies. It's a coin toss when you get to the shootout. Need the win tomorrow.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 10:01 PM
kidAcbj
Ohhh Canadaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The CBJ announcers called this game like a playoff game....super excited, adding intensity in all situations. It made the game quite enjoyable actually, despite their blatant homerism . Tough to lose, but you have to score more than 1 goal to win a game.
first positive comment ive read on the boards. glad you kind of enjoyed it (despite the outcome) i think they are great personally. its fun and entertaining which is the whole point. also when you an awful team year after year they have to make it exciting somehow

kidAcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 12:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Key here is that for the first time in a while, Mason put together two solid efforts.

I just worry our offense has gone cold again...and man, we can't BUY a goal in a shootout.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 10:54 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post

Mmmm, how about losing twelve consecutive times to the Nashville Preds? I won't even mention losing four collegiate national title games in two years (2 football, one basketball, one soccer)!

On the plus side, though, Jackets fans are thrilled that it looks like your ownership issues are settled, for awhile, and we can look forward to continuing a heated rivalry with another passionate fanbase. Let's take turns thumping the Wings for the next few decades (you'll have to go first, I'm afraid)!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote