HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Stars @ Avs l Gm.2 l 5-2 Avs Win l Avs Lead 2-0

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Jori

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
So much for that struggling PP....what great special teams for Colorado tonight.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
What is up with Dallas? They guys look worse than Pittsburg.
Does it hurt all Wings fans that much to give the Avs credit? Colorado has played superb hockey through two games (and only two game).

And Peter Forsberg is once again leaving no doubt that he is the best player on earth.

Old
04-10-2004, 01:08 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

:lol Bob McKenzie has been reading too much HFBoards... in the second intermission he referred to Forsberg as "Floppa" due to that little head-snap he did when Boucher gave him a little shot. (He did preface that by saying Forsberg is probably the best player in the game today though)

Old
04-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
hahaha.

He hasn't been around in awhile though.

Old
04-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Congrats Avs.. Not like the Stars have given you any competition but you sure as hell seem to dominate them this time. The Stars are aweful, and an immensely frustrating team to root form. Time to focuss on the NBA playoffs..

Old
04-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan
Didn't I hear how the Stars and Turco were just too much for the Avalanche?

The Stars look completely ready to fold right now... and Turco is no Hart trophy winner.
Just wondering...have you actually watched either of the games? If so, you'd see how terrible the team has been playing, giving players like Sakic and Forsberg wide open spaces in front of the net. That being said, Turco probably should have had that shorty by Hintoe...on all the others, he basically had no chance, with 3 goals on deflections and the other being Sakic all alone in front.

Old
04-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Just wondering...have you actually watched either of the games? If so, you'd see how terrible the team has been playing, giving players like Sakic and Forsberg wide open spaces in front of the net. That being said, Turco probably should have had that shorty by Hintoe...on all the others, he basically had no chance, with 3 goals on deflections and the other being Sakic all alone in front.
The Stars defense was going to be in for it against the speed and quickness of the Avs. And they better figure out something pretty soon or this series is going to be a sweep. Tippett benched the wrong defenseman in Game 2; should have benched Matvichuk, not Numminen.

Hatcher wouldn't help this team either; he's in the same mold as Matvichuk, Therien, and Boucher. He would be getting exposed just as badly by the Avs' speed. And with the penalties being called, it's going to be damn near impossible for the slow Stars D to negate the Avs speed.

Old
04-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The Avs are relatively healthy, and are playing like a team on a mission......Frankly, if they play like this, I can't see any team beating them.

Svatos = potential Calder winner next year if he stays healthy. The kid will be getting to play with either Sakic or Forsberg (if he stays)......that spells a good year for the youngster. Plus, he has some flat out sick moves.

Old
04-10-2004, 02:56 PM
DarioinDenver

Modano=God,

Still willing to rate Dallas' defense better than the Avs?

Everyone is focused on the Avalanche forwards but it's their defense that will make them or break them down the playoff road. So far the moves for Vanaanen and Boughner are looking very solid. Both play a very good brand of playoff hockey.

Old
04-10-2004, 03:57 PM
nathan

I am impressed with Vanaanen, who went head to head w/ Guerin in game 2 numerous times. Would Granato have been comfortable doing that with Morris?

Old
04-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
I am impressed with Vanaanen, who went head to head w/ Guerin in game 2 numerous times. Would Granato have been comfortable doing that with Morris?
The pre-broken ortibal bone Morris? Perhaps. He hasn't been the same since that incident.

Old
04-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori_18_23
The pre-broken ortibal bone Morris? Perhaps. He hasn't been the same since that incident.
Pre-broken face or not, Morris still can't play one on ones half as good as Vaananen. Ossi proved that in the very first game in an Avs uni.

Old
04-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Modano=God,

Still willing to rate Dallas' defense better than the Avs?

Everyone is focused on the Avalanche forwards but it's their defense that will make them or break them down the playoff road. So far the moves for Vanaanen and Boughner are looking very solid. Both play a very good brand of playoff hockey.
These 2 games have no affect on what they have accomplished for 82 games. The entire team has been putrid, they don't even deserve to win a single game. The defense has been exposed a lot, but it's not like their forwards helped out either. I am actually hoping the Avs will sweep them so some drastic changes will be made. The Stars defense was the stingiest for the entire season, in fact, they have been for 2 straight seasons. 4 playoff games do not affect that if you ask me, just goes on to show that the Stars fold under pressure, not just the defense, but the entire team. Stars are an utterly frustrating team to root for..

Old
04-11-2004, 01:57 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
These 2 games have no affect on what they have accomplished for 82 games. The entire team has been putrid, they don't even deserve to win a single game. The defense has been exposed a lot, but it's not like their forwards helped out either. I am actually hoping the Avs will sweep them so some drastic changes will be made. The Stars defense was the stingiest for the entire season, in fact, they have been for 2 straight seasons. 4 playoff games do not affect that if you ask me, just goes on to show that the Stars fold under pressure, not just the defense, but the entire team. Stars are an utterly frustrating team to root for..
the avs are an equally frustrating team but, luckily, the avs' philosophy has changed quite a large bit in the playoffs. the coaches are much more defensive minded, as are the players. the team is skating intensely hard and has the players and depth to come in waves. its kind of a miracle the avs have turned it up as there wasn't much of an indication this would happen, minus the notion the team had its goal set on winning the stanley cup. more than any other team, the avs have the most to lose (with toronto a close second) if the team doesn't win the cup pre-CBA.

now given the avs' turnaround, i also expect a similar type of re-committment to defense and playoff intensity by the stars. i think dallas will take game 3 as the team is too good to be down 3-0. i fully expect a lengthy series.

Old
04-11-2004, 02:01 PM
RoyIsALegend*

I had predicted Avalanche in six, but I'll change that to five.

I expect Dallas to win game three, the Avs to take game four and then Colorado to wrap it up on home ice in game five.

Old
04-11-2004, 03:42 PM
SChan*

I expect Dallas to take game 3 as well, but since Avs is on a roll you never know.

Closed Thread