HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A thought for 2008

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2008, 10:16 AM
  #1
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
A thought for 2008

1) Make deals at the deadline, trade the likes of Shanahan, Malik, Mara to teams in contention. Get back a first round pick and 2nd round picks.

2) Trade Prucha (although im against trading Prucha) for Klesla.

3) Trade up in the draft.
Draft Nikita Filatov.

4) Sign Fabian Brunnstrom out of Sweden.

5) Sign Marian Hossa

6) Straka and Jagr must sign CHEAP. Or no deal.

7) long term deal, less yearly cap hit for Rozsival.

8) Find a cheap backup goaltender, if not Valiquette.

9) hopefully they all fit under the cap considering half the team will be cheap, dynamic rookies.


Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Hossa - Drury - Cherepanov
Filatov - Anisimov - Brunnstrom
Hollweg - Betts - Orr

Rozsival - Klesla
Tyutin - Girardi
Staal - Sanguinetti

Lundqvist

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 10:37 AM
  #2
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 500
1) Make deals at the deadline, trade the likes of Shanahan, Malik, Mara to teams in contention. Get back a first round pick and 2nd round picks.

No way! Shanny is here for the playoffs baby. Mara I could see being involved in a deal but not a dumping deal. Nobody wants Malik.

2) Trade Prucha (although im against trading Prucha) for Klesla.

Keep HIM!, we may need him and Dawes next year if Jagr/Straka/Shanny don't come back.

5) Sign Marian Hossa

Lets sign Lundqvist first!

6) Straka and Jagr must sign CHEAP. Or no deal.

Nobody is signing with the NYR on the cheap!

7) long term deal, less yearly cap hit for Rozsival.

I agree 100%!

8) Find a cheap backup goaltender, if not Valiquette.

No Shot for Montoya!?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
  #3
pzilla3
Registered User
 
pzilla3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Brunnstrom I would like to see, we will never get hossa for the right kind of money

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:54 AM
  #4
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,989
vCash: 500
i like all that escept if the rangers are trading away some players jagr must be traded....at least that way the rangers would not have to pay that 2 million next year because he woulnt be ere and there would be enough cap space to cover it

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:57 AM
  #5
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
What a bad idea... didn't they clean house 4 year ago. 4 god's sake have faith.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 12:10 PM
  #6
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,780
vCash: 500
Somehow I don't see Columbus giving us Klesla just for Prucha.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
  #7
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
What a bad idea... didn't they clean house 4 year ago. 4 god's sake have faith.
I did not suggest cleaning house, per say, retooling your team half way through when struggling is a good idea. Solidify your future, not sell it, to get into the playoffs.

I suggested trading a player who has no future in the NHL, let alone the Rangers, and a couple of guys the Rangers are shopping anyway.

I also suggested signing back a few of the current players to cheap short term deals, with exception to Lundqvist and Rozsival who should be sign long term to lessen their yearly cap hits.

All of the other players i suggested possess world class talent, and are young and cheap, and are attainable.

Fabian Brunnstrom is an undrafted free agent. Either we sign him, or someone like Detroit will, and we will miss out on a star.

Nikita Filatov has an insane pair of hands, world class offensive talent, yet, like Cherepanov, may drop in the draft to a position where the Rangers can make a deal to draft him. The fact that he, Cherepanov, and Anisimov have playing experience with eachother should only further entice the Rangers to make sure they do what is neccessary to draft him in June.

Other then that, i suggested a deal that has been rumored for more then a month at this point: the Prucha + for Klesla deal. Which would more solidify the defense. And give Sanguinetti a chance to compete for a spot in camp next year.

I never suggested a full on rebuild, but a retooling, EVERY team should always be looking to solidify their future and make their franchise better.

Fact is, they are in last place half way through the year, and on a 5 game losing streak to boot.

The Rangers lack depth in the forward positions as far as youth goes. Sure we have a few players who can be 4th liners, but beyond Cherepanov we don't have any future bonafied top 6 wingers. Anisimov is a future 2nd line center.

Fabian Brunnstrom would be a great pick up. And drafting Filatov would be so smart and make so much sense its uncanny. The fact he has a history of playing with our two young Russian studs, and playing well together mind you, is enough to draft him, nevermind his world class offensive skills.

I wan't Jagr and Straka to finish their careers in Blue, but the fact is they have to realize they can't be selfish. They have to be team players at this stage in their wealthy careers, and not handcuff a team so that it can't secure any future.

With departures of Malik, Mara, Avery, Shanahan that will free up cap space.

Jagr should NOT get more then 4 mil. Straka no more then 1.5, 2 MAX.

Lundqvist will get a contract length near DP. And this will help the Rangers year by year with the cap. And Rozsival will also ge ta long term deal so the yearly hit is lessened. This frees up the space needed to sign a free agent winger, and add the young players i suggested.

And when comparing the team i suggested to the team this year, the only major differences in no Shanahan, no Avery, No Malik and Mara.

Instead Hossa, Brunnstrom, Filatov, Cherepanov, Anisimov, Klesla, Sanguinetti...

I would say those are fair trade offs.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
  #8
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I agree with you for the most part but I would still wait another month. One 5 game win streak can put us right back atop the division.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
  #9
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
i'm all for the houseclean.

prucha for klesla wont happen

brunstrom is gonna sign with detroit

hossa would be nice- we can make it happen

i don't see anisomov or cherepanov on this team next year, alexei needs at least a year in the ahl

and if you think sanguinetti will be ready for the nhl next year you should put down the pipe and/or bottle. he is not staal, he needs to work on his d for at least a year in the ahl.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
  #10
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
and if you think sanguinetti will be ready for the nhl next year you should put down the pipe and/or bottle. he is not staal, he needs to work on his d for at least a year in the ahl.
No offense, but how many time have you seen him play this year? Based on the times I've watched him, his defense has gotten markedly better and I believe he will be challenging for a roster shot next year.

ALso, while I like Filatov, I think Joe Colbourne would be an excellent prospect to consider.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 10:20 PM
  #11
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
What a bad idea... didn't they clean house 4 year ago. 4 god's sake have faith.
I would clean the house again. We aren't winning the Cup now (and certainly not after Jagr, Straka & Shanny leave), but the last cleaning seemed to have helped last time... and that's despite the fact that our trades didn't work out so well last time.

I wouldn't mind getting a pair of first rounders for Jagr (08 and 09), a pair of second rounders (08 and 09) for Shanny, a second and a third for Straka, a third for Mara and a fifth for Malik.

So in the 2008 draft, it would be 2 first rounders and 3 second rounders (an an extra fifth rounder)


In 2009, it would be 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders. That's 9 picks in the first 2 rounds of the next pair of drafts. That would be enough to re-tool the team for 5 years from now. Not as if we'll win anything the next 5 years anyway.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
  #12
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
No one's giving us 2 first rounders for Jagr

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:49 PM
  #13
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I did not suggest cleaning house, per say, retooling your team half way through when struggling is a good idea. Solidify your future, not sell it, to get into the playoffs.

I suggested trading a player who has no future in the NHL, let alone the Rangers, and a couple of guys the Rangers are shopping anyway.

I also suggested signing back a few of the current players to cheap short term deals, with exception to Lundqvist and Rozsival who should be sign long term to lessen their yearly cap hits.

All of the other players i suggested possess world class talent, and are young and cheap, and are attainable.

Fabian Brunnstrom is an undrafted free agent. Either we sign him, or someone like Detroit will, and we will miss out on a star.

Nikita Filatov has an insane pair of hands, world class offensive talent, yet, like Cherepanov, may drop in the draft to a position where the Rangers can make a deal to draft him. The fact that he, Cherepanov, and Anisimov have playing experience with eachother should only further entice the Rangers to make sure they do what is neccessary to draft him in June.

Other then that, i suggested a deal that has been rumored for more then a month at this point: the Prucha + for Klesla deal. Which would more solidify the defense. And give Sanguinetti a chance to compete for a spot in camp next year.

I never suggested a full on rebuild, but a retooling, EVERY team should always be looking to solidify their future and make their franchise better.

Fact is, they are in last place half way through the year, and on a 5 game losing streak to boot.

The Rangers lack depth in the forward positions as far as youth goes. Sure we have a few players who can be 4th liners, but beyond Cherepanov we don't have any future bonafied top 6 wingers. Anisimov is a future 2nd line center.

Fabian Brunnstrom would be a great pick up. And drafting Filatov would be so smart and make so much sense its uncanny. The fact he has a history of playing with our two young Russian studs, and playing well together mind you, is enough to draft him, nevermind his world class offensive skills.

I wan't Jagr and Straka to finish their careers in Blue, but the fact is they have to realize they can't be selfish. They have to be team players at this stage in their wealthy careers, and not handcuff a team so that it can't secure any future.

With departures of Malik, Mara, Avery, Shanahan that will free up cap space.

Jagr should NOT get more then 4 mil. Straka no more then 1.5, 2 MAX.

Lundqvist will get a contract length near DP. And this will help the Rangers year by year with the cap. And Rozsival will also ge ta long term deal so the yearly hit is lessened. This frees up the space needed to sign a free agent winger, and add the young players i suggested.

And when comparing the team i suggested to the team this year, the only major differences in no Shanahan, no Avery, No Malik and Mara.

Instead Hossa, Brunnstrom, Filatov, Cherepanov, Anisimov, Klesla, Sanguinetti...

I would say those are fair trade offs.
we must resign avery

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 12:23 AM
  #14
h0ckeyman
Registered User
 
h0ckeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,187
vCash: 500
Brunnstrom would be awesome...he might be cheap too...I know a lot of teams are going to want to sign him though.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 12:55 AM
  #15
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
1) Make deals at the deadline, trade the likes of Shanahan, Malik, Mara to teams in contention. Get back a first round pick and 2nd round picks.

2) Trade Prucha (although im against trading Prucha) for Klesla.

3) Trade up in the draft.
Draft Nikita Filatov.

4) Sign Fabian Brunnstrom out of Sweden.

5) Sign Marian Hossa

6) Straka and Jagr must sign CHEAP. Or no deal.

7) long term deal, less yearly cap hit for Rozsival.

8) Find a cheap backup goaltender, if not Valiquette.

9) hopefully they all fit under the cap considering half the team will be cheap, dynamic rookies.


Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Hossa - Drury - Cherepanov
Filatov - Anisimov - Brunnstrom
Hollweg - Betts - Orr

Rozsival - Klesla
Tyutin - Girardi
Staal - Sanguinetti

Lundqvist
1) Do not get rid of Shanahan unless we are out of the playoff race, as for the others, e.g. Malik, Mara, go for it.

2) Sounds like a good trade, but wait until we see if Prucha's going to hold his ground the rest of the season.

3) Good idea.

4) Miracle in the making, but won't happen.

5) Would be nice, but unlikely.

6) They won't sign cheap. They're gone.

7) Yep.

8) Yep. No Montoya.

9) We'd probably be looking at the same as this years cap, next year. Just under.

Good lines for the most part too, if that were what would happen. However, I highly doubt that.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 01:19 AM
  #16
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Prucha is one of my favorite players. Id rather not trade him... but with all the rumors swirling...

If the Rangers do nothing else from now until June... i hope they draft Nikita Filatov.

He has sick hands. He is tall 6', and can fill out his frame as he gets older.

Filatov, Cherepanov, Anisimov would be a nice young forward core to start with. And with the proper training and fitness programs they will get stronger and better.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 08:01 AM
  #17
VisionQuest*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
So were still handing Bobby Sangs a spot in the top 6 eh? when will people learn.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:22 AM
  #18
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Fabian Brunnström



Apparently pronounce "Foh-bian Brrrunn-strrröm"

Hockey News article on Fabian Brunnström
over-hyped?


not bad...

Stats
7-22-29 in 35 games in the SEL as a rookie. Pretty good.

On the CBC Hotstove they said he has narrowed down to 5 teams, 3 of which are Detroit (Swedish connection?), Toronto, and Vancouver. I've seen New York and Edmonton named as the other two however. Kinda hope we can sign him but I can't say I'm entirely confident we'll be able to develop him properly.


Last edited by n8: 01-20-2008 at 05:41 AM.
n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 09:42 AM
  #19
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Wow, Dubinsky who's done EVERYTHING he's been asked to, gets kicked to the curb for a rookie? Dawes, who has been a yo-yo between Hartford & NYC gets kicked to the curb for unproven Russian new to North American hockey? What a great message to send to the players in Hartford who should be given the chance to make the team.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:09 AM
  #20
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Lets see.... Cherepanov and Filatov have world class talent. More talent then ANY of the Wolfpack could ever dream of possessing.

Thats why.

Cherepanov, Filatov, and Anisimov are on another level as far as talent is concerned.

Also, Dubinsky is 21 years old. For him to have to compete for his job would not be a bad thing, perhaps putting the puck in the net on a more consistent bases would help his cause. And i don't believe i suggested trading him either.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
  #21
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Lets see.... Cherepanov and Filatov have world class talent. More talent then ANY of the Wolfpack could ever dream of possessing.

Thats why.

Cherepanov, Filatov, and Anisimov are on another level as far as talent is concerned.

Also, Dubinsky is 21 years old. For him to have to compete for his job would not be a bad thing, perhaps putting the puck in the net on a more consistent bases would help his cause. And i don't believe i suggested trading him either.
Filatov is not ready to step right in and play in the NHL. He needs at least one season in the AHL, if not one more season in the RSL and one season in the AHL. He has some character issues to work out first and also probably needs some time to adapt to the North American style of play. Cherepanov might need a season in the AHL too.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:32 AM
  #22
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Filatov is not ready to step right in and play in the NHL. He needs at least one season in the AHL, if not one more season in the RSL and one season in the AHL. He has some character issues to work out first and also probably needs some time to adapt to the North American style of play. Cherepanov might need a season in the AHL too.
Thats fair.

But the fact still remains the two of them possess more talent then any current NA Ranger prospect/rookie.

But i believe i mentioned earlier that if the Rangers do nothing else this offseason, they HAVE to draft Filatov.

It is not just an issue of talent. It is also an issue of him having successful history and chemistry with Cherepanov and Anisimov.

With the additions of Dawes and Dubinsky who have chemistry... that has the making of a good young core.

Besides, i believe Renney works better with younger players then he does with veterans.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 11:41 AM
  #23
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,519
vCash: 500
In my opinion, the Rangers are set at the Center position for lines 1-3 for the next three or four years. With Jagr, Straka and Shanny moving on, they need guys who can bury the puck. I would like to keep Avery, Dawes, Callahan and Prucha on the wings, and Betts is a very solid 4th-line center and PK'er.

UFA's to look at -- Naslund, Redden, Malone, Rolston, Hossa, Dumont and yes, even Satan.

If Jagr, Shanny, Malik, Mara and Straka are gone:

Dawes-Gomez-Hossa (UFA)
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Malone (UFA)-Dubinsky-Prucha
Korpikoski-Betts-Orr/Hossa

Redden (UFA)-Sanguinetti????? (Redden will help ease the process)
Girardi-Toots (I think they'll be reunited)
Staal-Roszival

Jagr - 4.94
Shanahan - 2.5
Mara - 3.0
Kasp - 3.1
Straka - 3.3
Malik - 2.5

If Avery and Rosie are resigned, the rangers should have enough to afford at least two blue-chip UFA's, but I think if Marian is coming to NYC, then Marcel would have to stay, and he can go to the 4th line

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.