HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues @ Blue Jackets 1/11/08

Old
01-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDarb View Post
Yeah, meant the game against the 'nucks.

Blues have THREE! untelevised games this month....the worst part, one is on the road!
Yeah and I can only see the ones televised on Foxsports, so even fewer here! Wish I still lived in STL or had money for Center Ice. Next year I will be in Kansas , so Center Ice will be a necessity.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Mike6749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post

I think it's safe to say that putting Matt Walker on the point of said 5 on 3 in a tie game late deserves to be questioned

Still not sure what that was all about. I understand AM likes to "reward" players with PP time, but Matt Walker instead of EJ on a 5-on-3 with less than 10 minutes left in a tie game? It is just ludicrous. How is Matt Walker our best chance to score? Certainly questionable.

Mike6749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 06:37 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike6749 View Post
Still not sure what that was all about. I understand AM likes to "reward" players with PP time, but Matt Walker instead of EJ on a 5-on-3 with less than 10 minutes left in a tie game? It is just ludicrous. How is Matt Walker our best chance to score? Certainly questionable.
Especially letting a Columbus player walk in front of the net and score without blasting him. I'm not going to put as much blame on Toivy here. How many good scoring chances did the Blues give up?

Toivy kept Brewer and Salvador from being -5. Why did they give up the blueline so quick? They didn't confront the play until they were inside the faceoff circles. Then again when you get beat several times, I guess you should back in.

Jay McKee needs to realize that he'd better block the shot or he's screening the goalie and the goalie can't see the puck. Two of the goals were screen shots. You have to give your goalie a chance. McKee and Jackman didn't work. Jackman made the same mistake that Backman did earlier this year. If you are beat, then at least hook the guy and take the penalty. Sometimes you have to take a penalty.

Brewer has played well lately. He just had an off night. Toivy kept this one from being a blow out. Too many players slipping around the D. I don't remember Columbus doing that much sniper work in the past.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Robb_K

The whole team came out flat. They picked it up for awhile in the later middle of the game, and then ran out of gas again. There's no one group on the team to set the blame on.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
The whole team came out flat. They picked it up for awhile in the later middle of the game, and then ran out of gas again. There's no one group on the team to set the blame on.
And that just dovetails into my hatred of the NHL's schedulers.

We go DAYS and DAYS with no games at one point, but then have several 4 game weeks in a row....then have a 9 game roadie in MARCH!

Gotta be some way to balance this crap!

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Sniper
It's learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDarb View Post
And that just dovetails into my hatred of the NHL's schedulers.

We go DAYS and DAYS with no games at one point, but then have several 4 game weeks in a row....then have a 9 game roadie in MARCH!

Gotta be some way to balance this crap!
You can't really blame the 9 game road trip on the NHL schedulers. The Scottrade Center is booked for other events during those times.

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 07:10 PM
CuSa_1

Unfortunately that's a big problem with getting a balanced schedule. All the big arenas have other venues to schedule stuff around.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 07:14 PM
BluesDarb

Then I guess my rage should be directed at those who are willing to bump a hockey game for some crap concert/college basketball/whatever.

Rage redirected appropriately, thanks.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote