HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garden Crowd

Old
01-09-2008, 09:10 PM
BklyNYR4Life

vCash: 500
when the team is on, or even remotely in the game, and fighting for the W, MSG crowd is second to none. I get bumps everytime a good cheer gets going. this thread is pointless

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Was there last night. Fans were right on target. At 4-1 quiet, at 4-2 back in it, and at 4-3 even louder, then quiet after the 5-3. Thats how it should be, the fans are always positive at the beginning of every game, the team effort and poor play is what deflates the fans fast IMO. Once deflated the Rangers need to step it up and get the fans back in it, not the other way around.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 08:25 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
when the team is on, or even remotely in the game, and fighting for the W, MSG crowd is second to none. I get bumps everytime a good cheer gets going. this thread is pointless
I completly agree all i have to say is go to a game u cant get the effect of the crowd sitting on your couch repost this after u sit in say the 400 sections and tell me the crowd isnt in to it

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 09:02 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I think the fans are great for the most part. The suits get on my nerves, they arrive late and leave early. But there will never be anything to do about that.

Watching a game on TV, much like it is for any sport, is not even close to a replication of what it's like to be at the arena.

Yeah the fans are overly negative and even though I can't stand Malik, I think they go too far with him sometimes, but lets be honest..what has there been to cheer for lately? From watching the game on TV Tuesday, it did sound like the crowd was getting excited when it was 4-3.

I've been at 7 games this season and they've won 6 of them, so my experiences this year have been mostly positive...although I'm going against Philly tonight and they'll probably lose, but I have been going since the mid 80s and there are no more knowledgeable fans in the league than the diehards who show up at MSG.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 09:08 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
although I'm going against Philly tonight and they'll probably lose.
bite your tongue

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 09:28 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
bite your tongue
Haha well I hope I'm wrong obviously.

It has been enjoyable going to games this season. Of course, they only have won 7 games at home that I haven't attended, so maybe it's time to request season tickets for my efforts

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halenger View Post
I couldn't help but notice during last nights game, that the crowd is just as inconsistant as the Rangers and were really just plain out awful....
I'm not a big fan of the fans that go to MSG anymore. The 100s and 200s are packed with corporate types, the 300s are packed with new fans that became fans either in or around '94 or after the lockout and the 400s are packed with guys who can't afford to sit any lower (like me) and others who have been fans since the days of the blue seats back prior to 1989.

I'm really fed up with the fans who boo our players every time they touch the puck (i.e. Malik) or boo at the end of the first or second period when a game isn't even over. How about the idiots who boo during a power play??? A lot of fans just have taken the fun out of going to a Ranger game for me.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post

I'm really fed up with the fans who boo our players every time they touch the puck (i.e. Malik) or boo at the end of the first or second period when a game isn't even over. How about the idiots who boo during a power play??? A lot of fans just have taken the fun out of going to a Ranger game for me.

i agree booing does nothing but discourage the players. i think the majority of ppl booing are the suits that pay to see a show not a hockey game. they want their puppets to dance...

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 08:53 PM
lundy

Ah now the asthma thing with Hollweg and Betts makes sense, huge asthma awareness campaign at the game tonight. I thought was a cool thing to do at the game. But maybe that's because I have asthma, anyway, good work to whoever did that.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 09:38 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyR424 View Post
First of all, I dont think Garden fans are 'fake'. In fact, they are probably some of the most knowlegable hockey fans around. Of course, you get the occaisional drunk idiot who has no idea what hes talking about, but the bottom line is that we care alot more than other teams fans and we want our team to win. Its very fustrating with the results weve gotten this year after what looked as a very promising off season.

MSG turns the mics way down, to answer your question. If you go to a game, its certanly not silent unless its 5-0 where it would be that way in any arena. Garden fans are very passionate about our team, and it certainly shows when we play well. The opening night comeback was insanley loud and the fans were amazing.

One thing about Garden fans that needs to change, however, is that we feed off of what our team does, not the other way around. The garden needs to give energy to the players, which is often not the case. But then again, how can anyone be excited about what is going on latley?

Rangers fans should be standing the entire game and creating a wall of noise for 60 minutes.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 09:58 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
I do that, I just wish others would join me

You know the person who starts the Lets Go Ranger chants and the whisteling for Potvin Sucks? Ya...thats me

01-12-2008, 10:05 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Game was insane tonight. At least in my section anyway. Felt like a Rangers Isles game. We had a bunch of obnoxious teenage Habs fans and we were tearing on them all night. Their only defense was "We won 24 cups." Big deal you were probably alive for one. Then they start saying they won the Cup in 94, some guys like, look at the banner up there ass hole, it says 1994. Then they're saying how hockey's Canada's sport blah blah blah. We just started tearing them down the whole game and they left after the 2nd period to a chorus of ass hole chants. There was these other two guys who wanted to fight these guys behind us but then they just left after the first after getting torn on.

We were ripping on them all hardcore. Booing all their go Habs go chants, chanting let's go rangers all night and chanting "USA!" a few times while ripping on Canada, was so bad but so amazing. Our section was absolutely nuts. Probably the best game of the season maybe that I've ever gone to.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 10:08 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Was it 314?? Thats me but I wasnt there tonight

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Nah 341.

I think it was the same thing through the whole arena though. I think there were more Habs fans there than what the Devils & Isles normally bring and the Rangers fans who were there were pissed and ready to go. The place was nuts from the first drop of the puck. Then after the 2nd ended most of them all left.

Old
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Nah 341.

I think it was the same thing through the whole arena though. I think there were more Habs fans there than what the Devils & Isles normally bring and the Rangers fans who were there were pissed and ready to go. The place was nuts from the first drop of the puck. Then after the 2nd ended most of them all left.
The Islanders and Devils bring nothing. The leafs, canadians, and flyers are the most.

Last Islander game I was at: 95-5
Last Leafs game I was at: 80-20

Old
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Definitely, but I was at the Flyers game a couple nights ago and the Flyers fans even though they were crushing us weren't as obnoxious as the Canadiens fans tonight were. They came in like they owned the place and the fans and most importantly our team gave them the treatment.

Old
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Definitely, but I was at the Flyers game a couple nights ago and the Flyers fans even though they were crushing us weren't as obnoxious as the Canadiens fans tonight were. They came in like they owned the place and the fans and most importantly our team gave them the treatment.
Im surprised, I went to a 4-0 shutout against the habs last year and it wasnt that way at all. In fact, I dont think there were any habs fans at all if I remember correctly. It annoys me when teams come in thinking like they are home, thats when I get vocal. When I go to away Ranger games, I wear my jersey, and simply make noise when my teams scores. Nothing else. Just cheers for my team, no bashing of the other teams. I went into Toronto this year (3-2 SO win) and it worked perfectly. No crap from anyone, in fact, I had a nice conversation with the Leafs fan next to me

Old
01-12-2008, 10:29 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

My brother went to the Rangers vs. Canadiens game a couple weeks ago and he said it was nothing like tonight. Very calm.

Tonight it was a combination of a bunch of things. A lot of Rangers fans sold their tickets because of the 5 game losing streak. Also with the Rangers being in last place (9th) and the Habs being on the better teams in the east they thought they were going to crush us. Plus with it being a weekend game it allowed for more of them to come down.

I love when it's like that though. The fans are so much more into it that it makes the arena not only intimidating for the opposing fans, but even the opposing team and it really pumps the players up.

Old
01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Im surprised, I went to a 4-0 shutout against the habs last year and it wasnt that way at all. In fact, I dont think there were any habs fans at all if I remember correctly.
Could be the day of the week that game was. NYC and Montreal are close enough to each other to make the trip. Highly recommended.

Old
01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
Could be the day of the week that game was. NYC and Montreal are close enough to each other to make the trip. Highly recommended.
They are?

Old
01-12-2008, 10:36 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
They are?
LOL, when I was in school there, I came here for a game and went back the same night. Only got stopped for speeding once.

Maybe I'm just nuts.

NYC and Montreal are both amazing cities to spend a weekend, though.

Old
01-12-2008, 10:42 PM
BeatsPerMinute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
It's actually Scapegoat

I see this ALOT on the internet these days, just saying.....

The Hollweg & Betts asthma joke was funny, no offense asthmatics
and actually...its a lot. yes, believe it or not, there is a space between the two words. i see that a lot these days.

As for the crowd, I was there for the game against Tampa and the crowd swung from boos to cheers...and that's perfectly normal.

btw...Montreal and New York are about 6 hrs away

BeatsPerMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRus View Post
and actually...its a lot. yes, believe it or not, there is a space between the two words. i see that a lot these days.

As for the crowd, I was there for the game against Tampa and the crowd swung from boos to cheers...and that's perfectly normal.

btw...Montreal and New York are about 6 hrs away
Really? Its gotta be more than that

Old
01-12-2008, 10:45 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Really? Its gotta be more than that
Nah, 6 to 6.5 hours is all it is. Takes about 3 to 3.5 hours to get to Albany from the city and from there it's about another 3 hours to get to Montreal.

Old
01-12-2008, 10:45 PM
mstraka82

sit in the 400's 402-405 you will have the greatest time ever <333, actually 403-404 is great the other ones stink

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote