HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist's Top 5: Best "Dangerous" Players

Old
01-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Loffen
Hadouken!

vCash: 500
Henrik Lundqvist's Top 5: Best "Dangerous" Players

Thought this would be somewhat interesting to post.

Lundy speaks in his native language though, but since I understand swedish fairly well being from Norway. *translated it.* I know there are Swedes hanging around here, so feel free to correct me ofc.

Translation:

- Ovechkin to begin with. He's one of the toughest players... incredibly fast, shoots very well and is very smart.

- Kovalchuk in Atlanta is also a great player much like Ovechkin... very fast and shoots incredibly well.

- And then Crosby. He dosen't shoot that great, but he's very smart and makes other players around him good. So it's very important to look out for his linemates aswell and not just him "Crosby".

- Affe "Daniel Alfredsson". He does always seem to get loose and has a great shot.
I played with him in Frolunda during the lockout "04-05", so I know infact how good he is.

- Sheldon Souray has one of the hardest shots in the league. A defenseman... Always seem to hit the net in some strange way. He's getting people in the way "gets screens infront of his shots" so he's good on the powerplay."

Last edited by Loffen: 01-13-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 11:46 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Yow, Swedish sounds very difficult phonetically.

Interesting, though.

Old
01-13-2008, 11:54 AM
TK79

Is Lundy from Gothenberg originally? I'm not quite fluent, but I speak and understand the language fairly well. I thought the accent in southern Sweden is a bit stronger than that.. Henke was pretty easy to understand, even for me

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 12:00 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Thanks for the translation. You are a blessing on this board. Its really appreciated

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
Yow, Swedish sounds very difficult phonetically.

Interesting, though.
It is quite difficult phonetically, because like the other Scandinavian languages, (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish) there are nine basic vowels - a, o, u, å, e, i, y, ä, ö - which can be pronounced two different ways (short or long). It is not that difficult for an English speaking person to learn though, because the languages are part of the same language tree and therefore quite similar in grammatics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79 View Post
Is Lundy from Gothenberg originally? I'm not quite fluent, but I speak and understand the language fairly well. I thought the accent in southern Sweden is a bit stronger than that.. Henke was pretty easy to understand, even for me
The dialect spoken in Göteborg (Gothenburg) is considered to be a western dialect and isn't one of the harder ones. However, Lundqvist is born in Åre, Jämtland, which is in the north of Sweden, so he speaks more with a northern accent than the one they speak in Göteborg.

If you're interested in hearing Swedish dialects, there is a perfect place for that: http://swedia.ling.gu.se/info/storkarta.html They have basically every major Swedish dialect there is, both spoken by young and elderly (which is quite a difference sometimes). The site is unfortunately only available in Swedish.

Last edited by Chimp: 01-13-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 12:55 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I think he's pretty much on the money with all his choices, if I were a goaltender, that's who I'd be aware of if they were on the ice.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

Great translation, your swedish must be much better than my norwegian. I know only the most common norwegian words such as akkurat, gulebøj and kjempetorsk

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
The dialect spoken in Göteborg (Gothenburg) is considered to be a western dialect and isn't one of the harder ones. However, Lundqvist is born in Åre, Jämtland, which is in the north of Sweden, so he speaks more with a northern accent than the one they speak in Göteborg.
I don't know for how long the Lundqvist family lived in the Stockholm area (Huddinge, wasn't it?) but young Henrik sure picked up a lot of Stockholm accent in his speech!

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote