HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Predators @ Wings l Gm.2 l 2-1 Wings l Wings Lead 2-0

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2004, 05:37 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Leave it to Preds fans to complain about the officiating when it was called evenly both ways. Had they not scored on that PP, there would be no comment on how the call was so-called weak.

McCreary is one of the best refs out there, and at least he was consistent. Personally, I think tripping should be called more if they're going to call all this obstruction. There were cases in both ends where players were trying to make a pass and got twirled around, tripped up, etc. Its bad for the game when they don't call that stuff. There were some good scoring chances negated because of those trips on both teams. I would've liked to see more scoring. 2-1 is blah. Lucky win by the wings, but with the non-existant luck they had in the 03 playoffs, they're finally getting the payoff.

Old
04-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
Leave it to Preds fans to complain about the officiating when it was called evenly both ways. Had they not scored on that PP, there would be no comment on how the call was so-called weak.

McCreary is one of the best refs out there, and at least he was consistent. Personally, I think tripping should be called more if they're going to call all this obstruction. There were cases in both ends where players were trying to make a pass and got twirled around, tripped up, etc. Its bad for the game when they don't call that stuff. There were some good scoring chances negated because of those trips on both teams. I would've liked to see more scoring. 2-1 is blah. Lucky win by the wings, but with the non-existant luck they had in the 03 playoffs, they're finally getting the payoff.
Yeah, to all hockey fans, get used to the calls. Refs are calling obstruction and holding the stick calls where in previous years they wouldn't have. Players have to adjust or they will take penalties.

Another good game from Lang. I had my doubts about acquiring him. Not now. On the other hand Datsyuk and Zetterberg need to step up. Zetterberg has been good defensively but they both need to produce more scoring chances.

Tough break on Vokoun. He played a solid game but that one bad bounce cost the game.

Old
04-10-2004, 06:21 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs
:lol

How many Preds fans here are complaining about the officiating? Let's see, well I see Cyclops (Sharks fan) doesn't agree with the last call, and Egil (Sens fan) doesn't agree with the last call, but hmmm, most Preds fans admit that the last call on Hartnell was warrented...

Old
04-10-2004, 07:45 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Chelios no longer had possession of the puck, and was in the neutral zone. Clear obstruction penalty.
Yeah. had Hartnell already lined him up before Chelios dished off, it would be one thing. But Hartnell watched Chelios dish off, turned just a bit, and then sped up.
It was clearly a late hit.
Count Hartnell as yet another young NHLer driven by Chelios to take a stupid penalty at the worst time.
Amazing that even at age 41 or 42, Chelios is still making people crazy.

Old
04-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I doubt it pal...Hartnell would have just as likely hit Draper or Maltby or Fischer if it was them right there, just a matter of circumstance. I don't agree with him hitting him there, but he apparently didn't think twice about it. And he did not speed up, he just cruised into him.

Old
04-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008
Egil when even a Nashville fan admits it should have been a penalty (given the frequency of penalties throughout the game) your case is awfully weak. And leave it to a Sens fan to bash McCreary (not that there's anything wrong with that).

That said the Wings are lucky to be up 2-0. This game could have gone either way and Detroit just happened to get a lucky bounce.
Absolutely agree. This series could EASILY be 2-0 Preds. Wings are getting some breaks, thats all.

Old
04-11-2004, 11:40 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
In a way I'm glad he hit Chelios, IMO Nashville is still getting pushed around, but it didn't happen as bad in this game. I hope we pick up the physical play today

Old
04-11-2004, 12:13 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
In a way I'm glad he hit Chelios, IMO Nashville is still getting pushed around, but it didn't happen as bad in this game. I hope we pick up the physical play today
hey, im glad he hit him too!

Chelios wasnt hurt, and he cost his team the game.

I say, Hit em again like that!

Old
04-11-2004, 12:17 PM
JnJosh

Send a message via MSN to JnJosh
The game 2 was a flukey win. Shouldn't have even scored the second one. Lets atleast win one game preds, show some pride. They really got a speed advantage, i wish they would use it.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i will say this:

win or lose, this series has been great for the preds. though they've lost the first two games, both games came down to the wire, pretty much...and there has been no "dominance." above all...i think this series has opened a lot of eyes from people who have never really watched the predators. even the espn announcers have been talking about it...all the notions that nashville was just another trapping team that didn't deserve to be here are gone. i'm enjoying it...as i haven't really been able to enjoy playoff hockey since before the preds came to town..and i was *gasp* a rangers fan. i think this is the first of what will be a lot of playoff apperances for the preds...as guys like allison are replaced with names like suter, upshall and shishkanov. im proud of the team...as i think they've run toe to toe with the best team in the league..and i still don't expect a sweep.

GO PREDS!

Old
04-11-2004, 09:24 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I bet we see a lot less of the "clutching and grabbing" post now that people have actually seen us play and have figured out that the last thing we want to do is slow the game down

Closed Thread