HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need Advice

Old
01-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Datsyuk 13

vCash: 500
Need Advice

Me and my friends usually play hockey. I don't get much time to play because of their reasonings of 1) "I don't pass" 2) "I don't play D" 3) My shot sucks. Although I pass once in the odd moon, I create tons of turnovers. And yes my shot is pretty crappy so.. Got any advice on making that shot better, make it look like I'm playing D when I actually am? Oh yeah does anyone have any stick handling advices? I practice in my living room ... I can do back and forth really well but I don't really get the turns and curves..

Datsyuk 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 01:47 AM
nikebauer

Send a message via MSN to nikebauer
Go to stick and pucks every week to improve your skills, and play lots of drop-ins. thats how I got better. It looks like you live in the 604...Britannia has a stick n puck every friday at noon, and Richmond Ice Centre has stick n pucks every weekday 9am-6pm so you can doodle around for hours.

Last edited by nikebauer: 01-14-2008 at 01:53 AM.
nikebauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 03:24 AM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

Yeah I would play pick-up games. Also, if you don't already, watch the NHL and pay attention to the guy playing your position - he does it far better than you, so try to see where he goes when and why.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 06:02 AM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

Get your self some weighted pucks and practice shooting with those. Also practice taking shots from your off side. We have a net in our basement, and my son practices taking shots and stick handles almost every night. He will hang things from the net, and practice trying to hit the "target".

brymel is offline   Reply With Quote