HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes' Rats players up with the big club

Old
01-13-2008, 05:35 PM
rgmarsh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusiouxcanesguy View Post
I see your point there. and I will agree with it. and I do believe another team will offer him a good contract that he will sign and he will be gone, BUT he will be playing in the NHL. that is what I see. unless something drastic happens with this team and he somehow has a VERY good chance of playing up with the big club for all of next season, i.e. if we trade away some forwards (Adams, Hamilton, Ladd....) to get some real good d-men, we may need him up with us. many possibilities, and I guess we shall see.
keith aucoin has a good shot at sticking to an nhl club next year? he has two goals in the last two games but the first goal was a complete and total fluke. prior to this he's been used as a fourth line forward and thus totally neutered but when he has gotten some pp time he's done a grand total of...nothing. unless he can change his game I see no shot for him in the nhl on ANY team, much less ours. chad larose's saving grace is that he's feisty as hell and (mostly) puts in more effort than anybody on either team...aucoin doesn't have that. in the minors he's relied on to score and has the talent to do that, obviously, but up here he's not even close to being talented enough for a top 6 role. so that leaves him as a team's third/fourth line center? as of now he's not ever gonna shut down anybody on defense and isn't big enough nor much of a disturber to fit a fourth line role. basically his game is to score...but he doesn't have the talent to do that with regularity up here, but if you put him on a third/fourth line his deficiencies on D are amplified even more.

I'll destroy my own argument, though, and say that maybe he will realize he's not gonna be a scorer up here and decides he needs to go the larose route and build up his game in other areas so he can stick on an nhl team...but that's an awfully long way to go for a guy so small and (relatively) so far into his career already.

rgmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

he has potential to make some NHL team in the WC since they dont rely on offense so much. he definitely could work on a team like Phoenix or San Jose I think, but thats just my opinion.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
he has potential to make some NHL team in the WC since they dont rely on offense so much. he definitely could work on a team like Phoenix or San Jose I think, but thats just my opinion.
Whoa there, you admit the western conference isn't as offensively oriented as the east but you think that's where Aucoin has his best shot of making a team? Basically all he has is his offensive game which he has yet to translate to the nhl. He's not an agitator, he's not a grinder, can't hit, can't check, can't kill penalties...so what is he supposed to do in the west?

Oh, and you'd better check out San Jose's depth chart if you think they have room for Keith haha

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Whoa there, you admit the western conference isn't as offensively oriented as the east but you think that's where Aucoin has his best shot of making a team? Basically all he has is his offensive game which he has yet to translate to the nhl. He's not an agitator, he's not a grinder, can't hit, can't check, can't kill penalties...so what is he supposed to do in the west?

Oh, and you'd better check out San Jose's depth chart if you think they have room for Keith haha
what I meant about not relying on offense as much was that they dont have alot of skilled forwards and rely more on defense, so a scorer would maybe find an easy "in" to the lineup, and higher up. Aucoin is a proven scorer in the AHL, and if given the chance on a 2nd line, even a 3rd line, in a conference that doesnt have so many offensively-deep teams, he could get more of the chances he needs to score here. Notice that since he has been up here recently, when there has been more responsibility on his shoulders, he has scored and looked good doing it. in that case, he has already started to make a case for getting signed by another team, if not us. like I said earlier though, if we trade away some other forwards like Ladd, Hamilton, Adams, etc for some good defense, he may get a good shot to make our lineup on a regular basis in the 08-09 season. maybe that makes more sense. I hope at least.

and yeah I forgot about alot of the guys SJ has in their lineup. How bout a team like....i dunno...the Las Vegas Lizzards or Hartford Whalers part Deux

Old
01-14-2008, 07:05 AM
canesnecu

Quote:
what I meant about not relying on offense as much was that they dont have alot of skilled forwards and rely more on defense, so a scorer would maybe find an easy "in" to the lineup, and higher up. Aucoin is a proven scorer in the AHL, and if given the chance on a 2nd line, even a 3rd line, in a conference that doesnt have so many offensively-deep teams, he could get more of the chances he needs to score here. Notice that since he has been up here recently, when there has been more responsibility on his shoulders, he has scored and looked good doing it. in that case, he has already started to make a case for getting signed by another team, if not us. like I said earlier though, if we trade away some other forwards like Ladd, Hamilton, Adams, etc for some good defense, he may get a good shot to make our lineup on a regular basis in the 08-09 season. maybe that makes more sense. I hope at least.

and yeah I forgot about alot of the guys SJ has in their lineup. How bout a team like....i dunno...the Las Vegas Lizzards or Hartford Whalers part Deux
You think a guy like Aucoin would make it in the West?????? Have you watched any hockey from the West since the Canes won the cup???? They are bigger, more physical and far more defensively oriented. Where exactly do you see Aucoin fitting in there?

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesnecu View Post
You think a guy like Aucoin would make it in the West?????? Have you watched any hockey from the West since the Canes won the cup???? They are bigger, more physical and far more defensively oriented. Where exactly do you see Aucoin fitting in there?
ok ok wow you guys are gettin a little hostile about this. it's just merely speculation on my point, nothing near official. it's an opinion, that is all. it makes sense to me, sorry if it doesnt to you or anyone else. I think Phoenix would be a good team for Aucoin, if he were to go out west. Or Minnesota.