HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

How do you guys like Gomez?

Old
01-14-2008, 05:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Sorry but that's just not true. 20 goals and 70 points doesn't equate to $7.3M/season for the next 7 seasons. I guess, using your logic, no player in the NHL is overpaid.

Gomez>Parise, good one.
What does Parise have to do with anything? I made no reference to Parise.

And try and follow me on this one: lots of players of overpaid. Anyone making 1M to play a game is overpaid. But every player is worth what they make because someone is willing to pay them that ammount. If someone isn't worth it, nobody is going to pay him or her that.

01-14-2008, 06:20 PM
kilo41ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Sorry but that's just not true. 20 goals and 70 points doesn't equate to $7.3M/season for the next 7 seasons. I guess, using your logic, no player in the NHL is overpaid.

Gomez>Parise, good one.

You can't be serious about Parise being better then Gomez. Parise has a lot to do to even catch up to Gomez. C'mon, I know you are all sad that he left, but that doesn't make him any less of a hockey player. A Stanley Cup, Calder and All-Star in his first season, and Parise....

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Parise, 206 games - 134 points = 0.65 PPG, Career +3

Gomez, 593 games - 491 points = 0.82 PPG, Career +62
That's a joke. Parise didn't score much his rookie year, after that there's no question he's been better than Gomez.

Quote:
Jeez you Devil fans are some kind of crew, let me tell yeah, I've met maybe a handful that admit Gomez was a big part of their team there and a big part of the 2 Stanley Cup Championships, but ever since he's a Ranger..you guys are just so anti-Gomez that you make up stuff, you say "he was not a big part of our SC Championships" etc etc... where do you guys come off?
He wasn't. Look at the stats. less that 0.5 ppg in our cup years. And that's playing with Mogilny, Elias, and Gionta.

Lol, the honeymoon is still going, but just wait 'till he starts moping his way around the ice like he always ends up doing. You think you hate Malik?

Yeah, he was good on the Devils; but I'm kind of glad he's gone, he was basically poison for team chemistry. Doesn't look like we miss him too much.

Last edited by Blackjack: 01-14-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Who gives a flying **** about 10M when his cap hit is 7.3M? Really? Who cares? That number means nothing except to critics and rival fans.
He only stated the truth. 10m is huge for a guy like Gomez, kind of overpay.(same goes for his cap hit.) But the Rangers had to do that..

It was either him or Nylander.

Last edited by Alcoolique*: 01-14-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo41ak View Post
You can't be serious about Parise being better then Gomez. Parise has a lot to do to even catch up to Gomez. C'mon, I know you are all sad that he left, but that doesn't make him any less of a hockey player. A Stanley Cup, Calder and All-Star in his first season, and Parise....
Parise passed Gomez as a hockey player last year. You can dig up old threads from the Devils board saying that WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY before Gomez signed with the Rangers.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajac View Post
He only stated the truth. 10m is huge for a guy like Gomez, kind of overpay.(same goes for his cap hit.) But the Rangers had to do that..

It was either him or Nylander.
And who gives a flying **** about 10M? Only you dense, nitpicking Devils fans. The only thing that matters is his 7M cap hit. Nothing else matters. I could give a **** if he was making 100M this year if he had a 7M cap hit. The 10M is thrown around a lot -- and only by ignorant posters or fans of rival teams.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
That's a joke. Parise didn't score much his rookie year, after that there's no question he's been better than Gomez.

He wasn't. Look at the stats. less that 0.5 ppg in our cup years. And that's playing with Mogilny, Elias, and Gionta.

Lol, the honeymoon is still going, but just wait 'till he starts moping his way around the ice like he always ends up doing. You think you hate Malik?

Yeah, he was good on the Devils; but I'm kind of glad he's gone, he was basically poison for team chemistry. Doesn't look like we miss him too much.
? How is he better after his rookie year? First off, Gomez got 70 in his rookie year, Parise couldn't do ****, you act like it's the leagues fault and he gets a pass for not scoring in his rookie year, OK? That just says Gomez is better for adapting quicker and being a better play.

After that Parise is better? How, exactly? 62 points his next year? Nope, that's not better than Gomez, sorry.

Oh and this year, Gomez has one more point in two more games, so unless you know the future and know that within the next two-three Devils games Parise is going to get a few points and surpass Gomez, how is he better now? Okay then.

Ok, cup years, Gomez averaged less than 0.5 PPG, that's 1999-2000 and 2002-2003. Correct? Yep.

1999-2000 Gomez Season: 19-51-70 in 82 GP, 0.85 PPG
1999-2000 Gomez Playoffs: 4-6-10 in 24 GP, 0.42 PPG

2002-2003 Gomez Season: 13-42-55 in 80 GP, 0.69 PPG
2002-2003 Gomez Playoffs: 3-9-12 in 24 GP, 0.5 PPG

If you were referring to playoffs, then I can understand what your trying to say but uhm that still means he's a big part of your cup?

How do you think you get to the playoffs? By playing good in the regular season. 125 points in two seasons to get there, and 22 points good for two playoff runs to the cups. No, he's not a big addition at all, I suppose everyone on the team had a bigger team impact than Gomez because they didn't sign with the Rangers.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
And who gives a flying **** about 10M? Only you dense, nitpicking Devils fans. The only thing that matters is his 7M cap hit. Nothing else matters. I could give a **** if he was making 100M this year if he had a 7M cap hit. The 10M is thrown around a lot -- and only by ignorant posters or fans of rival teams.
Do you mean...

People who says Brodeur's a little jerk, whinny corn-face are ignorant posters or fans of rival teams?

Calm down buddy, these forums are made for talking.

I've just said that 7millions is overpaying for Gomez, for the player he's. He's a heck of a playmaker, ..(I don't know how to say that, but... Some one who's carrying the puck through the zones?) .

Last edited by Alcoolique*: 01-14-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Calm down buddy, these forums are made for talking.
Exactly. Not for nitpicking Devils fans.

The only money Gomez has to "earn" (if he even has to earn anything) is the 7M cap hit. That's it. Anyone who thinks he has to live up to 10M is either a fool or a hater. And probably a combination of both.

Old
01-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 892
Quote:
? How is he better after his rookie year? First off, Gomez got 70 in his rookie year, Parise couldn't do ****, you act like it's the leagues fault and he gets a pass for not scoring in his rookie year, OK? That just says Gomez is better for adapting quicker and being a better play.

After that Parise is better? How, exactly? 62 points his next year? Nope, that's not better than Gomez, sorry.

Oh and this year, Gomez has one more point in two more games, so unless you know the future and know that within the next two-three Devils games Parise is going to get a few points and surpass Gomez, how is he better now? Okay then.

Ok, cup years, Gomez averaged less than 0.5 PPG, that's 1999-2000 and 2002-2003. Correct? Yep.

If you were referring to playoffs, then I can understand what your trying to say but uhm that still means he's a big part of your cup?

How do you think you get to the playoffs? By playing good in the regular season. 125 points in two seasons to get there, and 22 points good for two playoff runs to the cups. No, he's not a big addition at all, I suppose everyone on the team had a bigger team impact than Gomez because they didn't sign with the Rangers.

im sorry but who's better now and who was better in the first year in the league are two different things.

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
Exactly. Not for nitpicking Devils fans.

The only money Gomez has to "earn" (if he even has to earn anything) is the 7M cap hit. That's it. Anyone who thinks he has to live up to 10M is either a fool or a hater. And probably a combination of both.

Btw, I've just edited.

The 10M is his own salary. Good, the 7millions is his cap salary, which he has to earn.(Not telling lies .) I enterly agree with you.
I still maitain my point about Gomez, 10millions? Its a lot. 7millions? Its a little overpaying(Still, it was the Free agent market, so..)

Nitpicking? Hmm.. What is this?(Frenchie guy here.)

Old
01-14-2008, 07:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Jon, Zajac. Move on.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:

Btw, I've just edited.

The 10M is his own salary. Good, the 7millions is his cap salary, which he has to earn.(Not telling lies .) I enterly agree with you.

Nitpicking? Hmm.. What is this?(Frenchie guy here.)
Nitpicking is when someone digs up small, pointless **** -- usually in an argument that they are losing (IE when the first Debbie fan mentioned the 10M salary this year -- which was a stupid thing to bring up being his cap hit is nearly 3M lower -- and the only thing that matters).

Though I am at least glad you agree that he only really has to live up to his cap hit part of his contract. I never understood when Devils fans criticize the 10M part. It's for 2 years and it was a way to front load his contract yet still have a lower cap hit.

Old
01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
ok, you win. Gomez was a better player in 1999-2000 than Parise was in 2005-2006.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about who the better player is now.

Quote:

Sorry, I didn't realize that whoever scores more points is the better player. Especially when one guy is sharing the ice with Jaromir Jagr, Chris Drury, Martin Straka, and Brendan Shanahan, and the other one is sharing the ice with Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac.

Quote:

Clearly I was talking about his playoff performance. Ok, he scored a bunch of points in the regular season; but somehow I think Elias, Sykora, Arnott, Mogilny, Holik, Lemieux, Niedermayer, Rafalski, and Morrison would've managed without him. Just a hunch.

Don't feel bad. In 2 or 3 years you'll be trading Gomez to Atlanta for Ted Donato or someone equally horrifying, and signing Parise to an insane contract. And he's better; so it will work out.

Last edited by Blackjack: 01-14-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Don't feel bad. In 2 or 3 years you'll be trading Gomez to Atlanta for Ted Donato or someone equally horrifying, and signing Parise to an insane contract. And he's better; so it will work out.
Gomez will get an A before he's ever traded. And if Parise could work out as good as Gomez has so far, I'd be all for signing him to an offer sheet.

Old
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
Jagr has been a beneficiary of playing with Gomez.
on the money.. in my eyes gomez is the only one to show up 110% night after night outside of shanny.. gomez has far exceeded my expectations of him coming into the season..

and it helps that he actually cares about being here unlike other signings we've made in the past..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrOck View Post
on the money.. in my eyes gomez is the only one to show up 110% night after night outside of shanny.. gomez has far exceeded my expectations of him coming into the season..
It seemed a lot of people (Rangers fans) were against the signing and a lot of others (Devils fans) laughed at it.

Seems like both of those two groups were made to look pretty stupid so far.

Old
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
The Thomas J.*

Gomez has been money!
A bright spot on a dull season. I was worried about his signing, I think it was the basis I held against the Devils, but Gomez has been great!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
It seemed a lot of people (Rangers fans) were against the signing and a lot of others (Devils fans) laughed at it.

Seems like both of those two groups were made to look pretty stupid so far.
Not as stupid looking as TO does in you're avatar.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Gomez has been money!
You can say that again!

Old
01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
TheRedressor

To say that Parise is better than Gomez at this point is either jealousy or ignorance.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
To say that Parise is better than Gomez at this point is either jealousy or ignorance.
Defines NJD fans, or the majority.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 10:01 PM
sandman441

Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:
Defines NJD fans, or the majority.

Some are ok but the majority have problems.

sandman441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 09:19 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Ya know, this is pretty silly.

The Gomez we got is the Gomez we expected to get. No one thought the contract would morph him into a player better than he was. He hasn't disappointed at all as the likes of Kamensky, Aaron Ward, Quintal, Scott Fraser, Ulanov and Karpa have, no matter what they were paid.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 09:24 AM
KRM

How I like him?

This <------------------> much!

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote