HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

A Split is Good Enough

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 04:36 PM
BoatMan

vCash: 500
A Split is Good Enough

The Sens own one of the best home records in the league.

Now is the time to make up for what was arguably a chance to make the Finals last year.

Well, good luck, and...

SEE YOU IN THE FINALS!!!

WINGS FOR THE CUP

GO WINGS GO

Old
04-11-2004, 04:38 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello!!!goodbye
The Sens own one of the best home records in the league.

Now is the time to make up for what was arguably a chance to make the Finals last year.

Well, good luck, and...

SEE YOU IN THE FINALS!!!

WINGS FOR THE CUP

GO WINGS GO
Ya but unfortunately they haven't beat the leafs at home this season

Old
04-11-2004, 05:08 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

and the Leafs own one of the best road records in the league

Old
04-11-2004, 05:46 PM
littleHossa

Go away you annoying trolls, where's the damn pesticide!
Thanks for the good words, a Red Wings - Senators final would be very entertaining

Old
04-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Yeah really...I believe the mods said stick to your own boards if you're gonna post comments like that.

Anyways, the season means nothing as we've gone over many times. The Sens will step it up tomorrow, I predict a big win.

Old
04-11-2004, 06:42 PM
south-sentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Yeah really...I believe the mods said stick to your own boards if you're gonna post comments like that.

Anyways, the season means nothing as we've gone over many times. The Sens will step it up tomorrow, I predict a big win.
yeah tomorrow's game is a pivotal one in the series...the sens were buzzing around last night but couldn't beat Belfour..Havlat is due for one, he has been one of our best forwards this series..

GO SENS GO!!

Old
04-11-2004, 07:04 PM
TexSen

I think we're seeing the new "Boys With Out" tactic.

Post garbage on the Sens threads so the mods will be forced to lock them up.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:26 PM
ATG

How are these troll posts.The leafs were a good road team in the regular season(true)The leafs were 3-0 at the corel centre(true).What's the problem it's not like were bragging about it facts are facts

Last edited by ATG: 04-11-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old
04-11-2004, 09:35 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
How are these troll posts.The leafs were a good road team in the regular season(true)The leafs were 3-0 at the corel centre(true).What's the problem it's not like were bragging about it facts are facts

You're absolutely right about the facts. No dispute here. Frankly, I don't have a problem with some of the baiting and the back and forth, as long as the discussions have some basis in truth. I don't mind reading "I think ....because...." in the argument. Discuss and explain yourself. I'd even go so far as to say that the emoticons should be shut off. If you don't agree with someone have enough guts to explain it with words. A laughing smiley face pointing up says that you can laugh, you just can't tell us why.

The problem is that some baiting turns into a total breakdown of the thread and no one wants to read it at that point. So, zero tolerance is fine by me.

Anyway, as for the actual topic, Ottawa has to bear down. Since it's a road game Toronto doesn't have to play pretty. I can very easily see a 1-0 or 2-1 score if Ottawa doesn't find a way to beat Belfour. That being said, the regular season doesn't matter any more. 3-0 was great for the Leafs, but in the playoffs it's a totally different atmosphere.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:28 AM
joepeps

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
You're absolutely right about the facts. No dispute here. Frankly, I don't have a problem with some of the baiting and the back and forth, as long as the discussions have some basis in truth. I don't mind reading "I think ....because...." in the argument. Discuss and explain yourself. I'd even go so far as to say that the emoticons should be shut off. If you don't agree with someone have enough guts to explain it with words. A laughing smiley face pointing up says that you can laugh, you just can't tell us why.

The problem is that some baiting turns into a total breakdown of the thread and no one wants to read it at that point. So, zero tolerance is fine by me.

Anyway, as for the actual topic, Ottawa has to bear down. Since it's a road game Toronto doesn't have to play pretty. I can very easily see a 1-0 or 2-1 score if Ottawa doesn't find a way to beat Belfour. That being said, the regular season doesn't matter any more. 3-0 was great for the Leafs, but in the playoffs it's a totally different atmosphere.
True, but a road game in Ottawa could quite well turn out to be a home game for the buds

Old
04-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Spezza

Due to the way that the tickets were distributed the vast majority of fans will be sens fans.

Furthermore, a proportion of tickets were held back for anyone who signed up for a season ticket. Anything left from that and any other returns were distributed in a quiet manner for sens fans to have the best crack at them.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:39 AM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
True, but a road game in Ottawa could quite well turn out to be a home game for the buds
No. There will be fewer Leaf fans there now than the regular season because playoff tickets go on sale way before anyone knows who the opponent will be. Sens fans buy them up regardless, but those fans who buy only because it's the Leafs wouldn't have had the chance to buy them. There will certainly be a lot of Leaf fans but it won't be as many.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:05 AM
BruinsGirl

********I am not trolling here*******

I like Sens chances but as history shows regular season means nothing in the playoffs.

1)B's had the best road record and one of the worst(for playoff teams) home records. Well they won both at home and lost yesterday on the road.

2)Habs hadn't won a game vs B's in the Bell Centre this year during regular season.

3)Habs didn't have a single win vs B's in regulation.

Closed Thread