HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade lundqvist ??????

Old
01-16-2008, 02:00 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Heh, that its though. All the Pro-Renney fans try to point fingers to everyone else. We have about 10 jagr threads, a few Drury sucks posts, a bunch of the defense is to blame, and now a trade Lundqvist.

Again, instead of looking at the top, people are trying to find one or two players to blame even though the entire team is struggling.

All well...as the season goes on people will realize its the SYSTEM not a certain player or two.

But again, hey, Renney brougt us to the playoffs the last 2 years (thanks to Jagr and Lundqvist)...he gets a free pass toward ANY blame!

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Heh, that its though. All the Pro-Renney fans try to point fingers to everyone else. We have about 10 jagr threads, a few Drury sucks posts, a bunch of the defense is to blame, and now a trade Lundqvist.

Again, instead of looking at the top, people are trying to find one or two players to blame even though the entire team is struggling.

All well...as the season goes on people will realize its the SYSTEM not a certain player or two.

But again, hey, Renney brougt us to the playoffs the last 2 years (thanks to Jagr and Lundqvist)...he gets a free pass toward ANY blame!
this topic is about Lundqvist, not Renney, please try to keep it on topic.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:08 AM
The Thomas J.*

Can't trade Lundquist, in fact the Rangers & Meehan need to sit down & iron out a deal NOW. Imagine the feeding frenzy there will be among other NHL teams if Lundquist actually made it to free agency.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:11 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
this topic is about Lundqvist, not Renney, please try to keep it on topic.

Fair enough

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Prospalous

Trade EVERYONE, Fire Renney, hell, even fire the trainers and the medical personnel.

Prospalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:38 AM
nevesis

Such a stupid ****ing thread.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Trottier
Very Random

There are actually people who ponder such things!

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 04:19 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
Before you all go nuts, this is a question. Would it be in our best interest to move Hank and some others at the deadline and free up big bucks. We are not a Cup contender now as constructed, and have no cap room. Say we can move Hank to Boston for Kessel, Stuart, Hamil, Rask and a #1. Stuart gives us a physical dman, and Kessel and Hamil some O, Rask another Goaltending prospect.
Let me start off by saying the thought of trading Lundqvist, or anyone thinking that we should trade him makes me vomit. He's easily a top-3 goaltender in this league, and the team that's in front of him is playing like garbage.

To Boston? Who already has Fernandez, who is a legit starter? I'm sure they want to give up Kessel, Stuart, Hamill, Rask, and a 1st for Lundqvist, who really wouldn't be the difference there at this time. They need help outside of the pipes. Hamill might not even be a 1st line center one day. While Rask is one of the top 3 goaltending prospects in the world (#2 behind Carey Price in my opinion) there's no guarantee that he'll even be a top-10 goaltender in this league one day. To trade an ESTABLISHED, PROVEN, TOP-3 NHL FRANCHISE ELITE goaltender for an bunch of unproven commodities is pointless.

Quote:
Then we look to move Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Rosie, Leak and Mara. We could maybe send Rosie to Chicago for Skille, then Shanny to San Jose for Couture. Jagr to St.Louis for Burglund and Hjalmarsson. Just a thought but I think it has to be considered. Don't know who would want these players even, but would like to know what you think. The goal is to build a team that will be a cup contender for a decade or more. Just think Hank will cost so much against the cap, and I believe Montoya is the real deal also. Since he is cheaper for a few years we should give it a shot.
That's the mentality... think long term! Think long term by trading away our franchise goaltender and hoping that Montoya becomes even half of what Lundqvist is now. Common sense is scarce in these regions, I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Henrik is part of the solution, not the problem. I wouldnt trade him for anyone, even with him falling apart recently.
Him falling apart?

Our entire team philosophy has opened up, and now we're giving up tons of more chances than we were earlier on in the year.

He's let in a few soft ones, and hasn't been as sharp as he was earlier on, but this team has just plain SUCKED in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88lindros88 View Post
no offense but the idea of lundy going to boston is of all things retarted at best. is lundy better than thomas? i would think he is. has he played consistently better than thomas? nope. why would boston take a downgrade in CURRENT goaltending and give away the players you suggested?
Thomas couldn't hold a candle to Lundqvist on Hank's worst day.

What a joke.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 05:17 AM
PsychoDad

Sorry, an answer from a Bruins fan...

Big NO for this offer, keep Lundquist, we have absolutely no need for him and asking basically for all our top prospects and a 1st for him ist just nuts, really. Timmah is playing better than Lundquist this season and next season with Fernandez healthy we got one of the best goalie pairings in the league, in 2 years Rask, the best goalie prospect in the world together with Price, will be close to be ready for the starting job. So no, thx. Rask + 1st for Lundquist, maybe with a prospect like Hunwick added would be the only offer Boston would make.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 06:51 AM
blue425

This team is going to look a bit different come next year, but what was suggested is a complete purge. Im not sure that is the answer. And even if it were, you keep Hank.

If this is in fact JJ last season with us do we bring Shanahan back for one more?

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Jeezzz, we lose a few now we should trade the whole team, r e l a x, we'll be fine, we always go through a rough patch, as do many other teams.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 07:41 AM
beastly115

I agree with trading the vets but not Lundy. At least not until they KNOW Montoya can fill his shoes and it doesn't look like they're even going to give him a chance to show what he's got.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post

There are actually people who ponder such things!
Heh...I was actually going to respond to Metal Chick with "I hope Trottier doesn't see this topic." I think you let him off easy, Trots!

Unfortunately there are people who ponder this because, for whatever reason, HF has this uncanny knack for luring people with more interest in--as you say--"shiny futures" than Stanley Cups. I would love to take a poll to see how many people would honestly be more pleased with the 1st overall pick than the Stanley Cup. And the remarkable thing is that it's actually rationalized with "Gretz/Mess/Lowe were all traded." They were traded because they were victims of the small market, not because their GM took to some sudden flight of fancy and decided it was better to wallow in draft picks/prospects/potentials than build a team around his already established cornerstone and compete for a championship. Remarkable.

Last edited by Shadowtron: 01-16-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 08:28 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
Before you all go nuts, this is a question. Would it be in our best interest to move Hank and some others at the deadline and free up big bucks. We are not a Cup contender now as constructed, and have no cap room. Say we can move Hank to Boston for Kessel, Stuart, Hamil, Rask and a #1. Stuart gives us a physical dman, and Kessel and Hamil some O, Rask another Goaltending prospect. Then we look to move Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Rosie, Leak and Mara. We could maybe send Rosie to Chicago for Skille, then Shanny to San Jose for Couture. Jagr to St.Louis for Burglund and Hjalmarsson. Just a thought but I think it has to be considered. Don't know who would want these players even, but would like to know what you think. The goal is to
build a team that will be a cup contender for a decade or more. Just think Hank will cost so much against the cap, and I believe Montoya is the real deal also. Since he is cheaper for a few years we should give it a shot.
are u drunk montoya is one injury away from being done

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 08:33 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I've heard it all now

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
I've heard it all now
Yup, we've heard it all now.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Your Dang Tyutin

terrible post

Your Dang Tyutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:12 AM
mstraka82

wow it has come to this

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:16 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88lindros88 View Post
no offense but the idea of lundy going to boston is of all things retarted at best. is lundy better than thomas? i would think he is. has he played consistently better than thomas? nope. why would boston take a downgrade in CURRENT goaltending and give away the players you suggested?

jagr or shanny or both should be the ones given out as rentals. get some youth back and give a guy like prucha more minutes.
Come on. Lundqvist is a far superior goalie to Tim Thomas. And much younger. Yeah, I think Boston takes that "downgrade".

01-16-2008, 09:18 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post

Big NO for this offer, keep Lundquist, we have absolutely no need for him and asking basically for all our top prospects and a 1st for him ist just nuts, really. Timmah is playing better than Lundquist this season and next season with Fernandez healthy we got one of the best goalie pairings in the league, in 2 years Rask, the best goalie prospect in the world together with Price, will be close to be ready for the starting job. So no, thx. Rask + 1st for Lundquist, maybe with a prospect like Hunwick added would be the only offer Boston would make.
Yep, a two time Vezina finalist and two time 30 goal winner is no longer better or more valuable than Tim Thomas. Boston doesn't need Lundqvist because of the prospect of a healthy Manny Fernandez. NOW I've heard it all.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:26 AM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirardiMyBoy5 View Post
Trade EVERYONE, Fire Renney, hell, even fire the trainers and the medical personnel.
Come on...There's no reason to get rid of Reg

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:26 AM
TheMetalChick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post

Wow. I just... WOW.
Well, good for Boston, then!
And to think of the fans in NY thinking their teams have good goalies. FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yep, a two time Vezina finalist and two time 30 goal winner is no longer better or more valuable than Tim Thomas. Boston doesn't need Lundqvist because of the prospect of a healthy Manny Fernandez. NOW I've heard it all.
If it aint Thomas, its crap. Or Fernandez. Apparently.

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:54 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Yeah, Lundqvist has had his struggles lately....he hasn't been as sharp...but he's getting zero help with his defense or any scoring by his fowards...therefore his stats look like complete **** since December and we're losing games. Shocker. Let's trade him!
Maybe we can trade him for forwards or defenseman that actually help. Its not the craziest idea as some people have been saying, but if were going to rely on Lundy like we relied on Jagr, things could go downhill real fast.

Im not saying he SHOULD be traded by any means, Im just saying some of the reactions here are completely irrational.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Mrpuck

Of all the players that would be unloaded if we miss the playoffs, Hank is near the bottom of the list along with with Staal, Drury, Gomez. You can pass the time by making fantasy trade ideas of who they could get back for him, but it's not happening.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I'll be frank.......no

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote