HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

What to do at the draft

View Poll Results: What do the Oilers do at the draft?
Do nothing: pick at 14 and 24/30 15 22.39%
Move up into the top 5 21 31.34%
Make a minor move up (8-10 range) 22 32.84%
Trade down 1 1.49%
Trade the pick(s) for help now 1 1.49%
Go insane and trade for Ovechkin 7 10.45%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 11:36 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
Move up. What the Oilers need is a player like Nedved who is a gamebreaker. They brought Dvorak and York to play that role but they're not quite at Nedved's calibre when it come to pure offensive skill. Hemsky will come along and hopefully assume that role. I think this year they either move up or bust. with 14-24th we get decent player but we have a lower chance of acquiring a star in the league. What we need is a player who can singlehandedly make a difference in a game with pure offensive skill and brings hockey fans to the arena. (Schremph is my favorite to fill this role. I hope the Oilers move up and acquire him)

Old
04-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
Move up. What the Oilers need is a player like Nedved who is a gamebreaker. They brought Dvorak and York to play that role but they're not quite at Nedved's calibre when it come to pure offensive skill. Hemsky will come along and hopefully assume that role. I think this year they either move up or bust. with 14-24th we get decent player but we have a lower chance of acquiring a star in the league. What we need is a player who can singlehandedly make a difference in a game with pure offensive skill and brings hockey fans to the arena. (Schremph is my favorite to fill this role. I hope the Oilers move up and acquire him)
Schremp is a very talented hockey player but I definitely don't see the Oilers trading up with the intent of drafting him. I could see them trying to somehow sneak in and nab Malkin but probably not Schremp..

Old
04-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
Could Pouliot or Niiniimaki fill this role? I honestly don't know...

Closed Thread