HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/15/2008 DBGDT: Blouses Vs. Shirts

Old
01-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

vCash: 500
sucks alot that the refs lost us this game according to many of you, but so did the team. they could have stood up and NOT let those stupid ref mistakes change the outcome of the game, but they didnt. it isn't like the refs called a goal that didn't happen or anything. Every goal the Leafs scored they earned. Bottom line. Whether they earned it from the refs, our defense, or Leighton/Ward.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 06:57 AM
DeathFromAbove

**** I was at this game last night and my god...

Seidenenberg is a worthless sack of ****, that guy was noticeably bad every time he was on the ice and was responsible for at least 1 goal that I seen.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
**** I was at this game last night and my god...

Seidenenberg is a worthless sack of ****, that guy was noticeably bad every time he was on the ice and was responsible for at least 1 goal that I seen.
yeah this is where I am very confused. not too long ago he was right up there with Gleason in effectiveness as a defenseman.....WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?

Old
01-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

So how badly did the refs screw you guys? Don't feel too bad, it happens to everyone when you play in Toronto and it's HNIC. They did everything they could to screw the Flyers a few games ago (we didn't get a PP until midway through the 3rd, compared to the Leafs 5), but they fortunately still won.

How many times did Jason Blake run your goalie? I saw at least one during the 3rd, during the 'live look in' that VS. does after their game is finished. He did it to Niittymaki multiple times, and it's one of the main reasons he came away with a black eye from Steve Downie.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 08:50 AM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Looks like even Luke is greatly pissed off. He usually stays neutral.
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes

Leighton has no idea why he was pulled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
“It’s a coaching decision,” Leighton said. “I don’t know why he did it, if he thought I was playing bad or wanted to shake up the team. Any time you get pulled, it’s definitely disappointing.”
Lavi provides with an explanation that has no logic behind
Quote:
“To change it up, Wardo went in there,” Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette said. “I felt like, at the time, if we could close the door in the third period we’d win the game. We scored four. We didn’t close the door.”
Quote:
• Pretty short bench for this one.

Wade Brookbank didn’t play after taking a tripping penalty on his first shift, going knee-to-knee with Darcy Tucker. Andrew Ladd played only 2:04 in the first period and 1:58 in the second period. Jeff Hamilton played 1:05 in the first period and 1:31 in the second.

That’s your fourth line.

Meanwhile, what would be any other team’s fourth line played 9-11 third-line minutes at even strength: 11:46 for Chad LaRose, 9:01 for Trevor Letowski and 10:09 for Craig Adams. (Their total ice time was inflated by their penalty-killing duty.)

That line was a combined minus-5 on the night. It is now impossible to refute the argument that any changes to this team need to include bringing in players to fill fourth-line roles who can contribute more than the current group.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:39 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
I wish we could get Luke to post here. I think he would fit in well.

Not to mention until this season, I found him to be an embarrassment (kick save anyone?) as a writer and I was constantly shaking my head at him. I think he has really evolved as a great beat writer for the Canes.

Any changes also need to include a solid #1 d-man. We need to free up our forwards.

01-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

anyone have any idea why I can't seem to access his blog now? it says something about a MySQL error. no idea what that means.

but yeah I noticed when reading that last night (before I couldn't seem to get on it) that he sounded really ticked. and so he should be. like all of us.

Old
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM
rgmarsh

what happened to seidenberg? he's like any young(ish) player - he'll have bouts of great play followed with...well...last night. because of the D situation Lavi's forced to rely on whoever is hot at the moment (or whoever is less cold) and combine that with Seidenberg's confidence issues, it's a recipe for last night. watch what happens when we get a D-man or two who can actually play - Gleason and Seidenberg and even Wallin are going to look a LOT better. they're just being relied on to do more than they consistently can right now.

rgmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
loobarlow

Send a message via AIM to loobarlow
Apparently Seids is playing on a hurt ankle, which I imagine might really limit his mobility. Given his play up until this point in the season, which has been pretty good, I'm willing to say that his ankle has something to do with his performances these past few games. Hopefully they'll rest him and he'll come back with more consistency.

loobarlow is offline   Reply With Quote