HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/16: Official - Avery, Shanahan, Jagr, Lundqvist In. Hossa, Moore, Strudwick Out

Old
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
1/16: Official - Avery, Shanahan, Jagr, Lundqvist In. Hossa, Moore, Strudwick Out

Officially From Sam:
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Lines look to be as has been suggested.

Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Avery - Drury - Shanahan
Dawes - Dubinsky - Prucha
Hollweg - Betts - Orr

Hopefully Avery, Shanahan, & Jagr aren't too hurt and can really contribute.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:34 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Officially From Sam:

Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Avery - Drury - Shanahan
Hollweg - Betts - Orr

Hossa can keep his seat...

Old
01-16-2008, 12:47 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Officially From Sam:

Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Avery - Drury - Shanahan
Hollweg - Betts - Orr

Well.......that really should just be the line-up all the time best case scenario. Some POWERFUL potential on this roster.

Must play disciplined.

Hossa, Struds the utility scratches

Really if we could somehow turn Prucha into Dustin Brown the Rangers would be the ****

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Rather have Struds in and Staal with Rozsival...

This doesn't bash Malik particularly but I feel Rozsivals game this year has been better with Staal, and so has Staal's, and Strudwick hasn't played horrible to warrant him a game in and game out scratch.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Rather have Struds in and Staal with Rozsival...

This doesn't bash Malik particularly but I feel Rozsivals game this year has been better with Staal, and so has Staal's, and Strudwick hasn't played horrible to warrant him a game in and game out scratch.
So why should malik be outcast. I think if any dman deserves a scratching lately it should be Girardi. He hasn't had a good game since Late november. Maybe taking a night off when he isn't playing would be a good thing for him.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:20 PM
shady8277

Girardi's play has been the most consistant out of all the D men. Malik makes way to many mistakes and has become a better liability. The Girardi Tyutin line is #1 right now, hes been playing better after november open your eyes. We need strudwicks physical presence as well. Malik/Strudwick are game by game depending on who were playing. Dont expect Malik to play against physical teams. I'm a defenseman and having played minor league i can confidently say malik as all that is wrong with NYR defence

shady8277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady8277 View Post
Girardi's play has been the most consistant out of all the D men. Malik makes way to many mistakes and has become a better liability. The Girardi Tyutin line is #1 right now, hes been playing better after november open your eyes. We need strudwicks physical presence as well. Malik/Strudwick are game by game depending on who were playing. Dont expect Malik to play against physical teams. I'm a defenseman and having played minor league i can confidently say malik as all that is wrong with NYR defence
I agree with Rags, Girardi just hasn't been that good defesnively for awhile.But he gets a free pass becasue he's young and from our farm system..DOn't get me wrong, as early as last preseason I was a fan of Girardi and his biggest backer over guys like Baranka, etc becasue of his steady consistent play..And that's how he played for us for quite awhile...It just seems like when this team tried to open it up a little more (focus less on defense) and the D got involved in more things, Girardi's steadiness has gone downhill..Don;t want him benched (but would have no problem with a one night rest), just want him to keep the game simple defensively..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:33 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady8277 View Post
My eyes are open. Your's on the other hand haven't been. Girardi's play as diminished greatly since November. Not improving. He has been our worst D man out there as of late.

Also Malik doesn't make that many mistakes. He will make his 1 glaring mistake a game but he is also the best passer we have on the blueline and the only D-man that can really start our break out.

And if Malik is the only thing wrong w/ the defense than why did we get slaughtered out west when he wasn't in the lineup. Why does our entire D look like swiss cheese. How come that the other team gets so many quality scoring chances a game that it would take our team to get that many in a week. Malik doesn't play all 60 min so it can't be all his fault.

Also Tyutin has been the only consistent dman on this team.

Finally, what did you mean when you said Malik has become a better liability? That statement just doesn't make sense. Do you mean that he has become more of a liability or better in his own end. You don't become a better liability.

Old
01-16-2008, 01:44 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
I agree with Rags, Girardi just hasn't been that good defesnively for awhile.But he gets a free pass becasue he's young and from our farm system..DOn't get me wrong, as early as last preseason I was a fan of Girardi and his biggest backer over guys like Baranka, etc becasue of his steady consistent play..And that's how he played for us for quite awhile...It just seems like when this team tried to open it up a little more (focus less on defense) and the D got involved in more things, Girardi's steadiness has gone downhill..Don;t want him benched (but would have no problem with a one night rest), just want him to keep the game simple defensively..
Just wanted to point out the Cally was also from our farm system and is a rookie as well and people wanted him benched when he wasn't producing offensively. This is b/c we have other forwards.

If Baranka was healthy and playing well (or anybody in the AHL) than I think people might be singing a different tune to Girardi and calling for his demotion. I know I would. I would want to see him back in the A to get his game back, and bring up another kid. Unfortunately we don't have any D-men that are ready that a) will pass through waivers or b) can stay healthy.

Old
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Just wanted to point out the Cally was also from our farm system and is a rookie as well and people wanted him benched when he wasn't producing offensively. This is b/c we have other forwards.

If Baranka was healthy and playing well (or anybody in the AHL) than I think people might be singing a different tune to Girardi and calling for his demotion. I know I would. I would want to see him back in the A to get his game back, and bring up another kid. Unfortunately we don't have any D-men that are ready that a) will pass through waivers or b) can stay healthy.
Well, it took a long while for many to come around that Cally just wasn't gettingthe job done, healthy or not healthy...

Baranka has never floated my point and I rarely consider him as an NHL ready D-man..He has a ways to go....As for shipping Girardi back to the AHL, no way...A rest or a teaching break is all fine and good, but he is still worthy of being in our top 6, easily...Jus has to simpligy his game..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:46 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Well, it took a long while for many to come around that Cally just wasn't gettingthe job done, healthy or not healthy...

Baranka has never floated my point and I rarely consider him as an NHL ready D-man..He has a ways to go....As for shipping Girardi back to the AHL, no way...A rest or a teaching break is all fine and good, but he is still worthy of being in our top 6, easily...Jus has to simpligy his game..
Agreed he has to simplify his game. I was just saying that if there was another NHL ready dman that i think there would be some people calling for his demotion...

Also agree that he is still worthy of being in our top 6 (just b/c we dont' have any other options). But I put him as #6.

Old
01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Kind of disappointed to see Moore benched. Sure he didn't do much offensively but he was fine defensively. In a game against Buffalo, where there most likely won't be any fights, I would rather see Renney put Moore on the fourth line instead of Orr. I don't remember who suggested it, but I saw someone say the other day the fourth line would be just as defensively responsible if it was Hossa-Betts-Moore. We all know that won't happen though but it would interesting to try out for a couple of games.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:57 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
Kind of disappointed to see Moore benched. Sure he didn't do much offensively but he was fine defensively. In a game against Buffalo, where there most likely won't be any fights, I would rather see Renney put Moore on the fourth line instead of Orr. I don't remember who suggested it, but I saw someone say the other day the fourth line would be just as defensively responsible if it was Hossa-Betts-Moore. We all know that won't happen though but it would interesting to try out for a couple of games.
Agreed that in this game Moore should be playing instead of Orr.

Old
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Gomez & Drury are our only top 6 forwards who are at 100%..

Does anyone hate these signings NOW?!?

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Fletch

Girardi hasn't been very good...

and that has coincided with more and more ice time and more ice time against top lines. Toots hasn't done too well either. But this is similar to the Malik argument of past years. If you take away their time from playing against top lines, someone else would have to, and while Staal has been steady, Rozsival has not, and perhaps that line is best not playing as much against top lines. So while a benching seems to be in order, perhaps he's just being overworked and being given too responsibility for a guy who was shining in a third pair role, then second pair role and perhaps that's the situation for which he's best suited.

As for the Moore/Orr comment...I would hope that Orr drops the gloves tonight to get the home crowd into the game early. This team needs to start well, and needs a spark.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote