HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal w/ Tampa Bay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
  #1
PrincetonRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal w/ Tampa Bay

I remember watching a Bob Mckenzie segment on TSN where he mentioned that st. Louis might get shipped for much needed goaltending. But, Lecavalier and s.t. Louis make one of the best 1 ,2 punches in the NHL and I seriously doubt that Feaster would basically trade away his team's offence. It seems that Richards, if anything, would definitely be the first to go unless some team is willing for a gross overpayment for Lecavalier. What would it take for the Rangers to land Richards?

the obvious need for Tampa:
-goaltending (which we only really have a prospect--see: Montoya)
-defense (we have...Malik)
-second line offense (prucha, dawes)

To Tampa:
Montoya, Malik, Baranka, prucha/dawes

To Rangers:
Richards and a 3rd, taking 1.8 mil of his salary (ala Jagr from WAS)

Because our first line is just starting to gel, I'd put richards on the second line and put him or drury on wing. This would ease the retirement of Shanahan/Straka, but we would have no cap space to sign one of the big gun UFAs (Hossa) this summer.


Last edited by PrincetonRanger: 01-16-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: .
PrincetonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
  #2
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,898
vCash: 500
Awards:
Team's can't eat salary.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
  #3
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Uh.. no?

Richards isn't worth all that.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:16 PM
  #4
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
1. They would probably rather do that same exact deal without Malik than with him. Second of all, they get a crap load of depth players for a premiere center.

2. If they want a goalie, it's a premiere one. They have a similar though lesser product in Ramo, so Montoya isn't a huge upgrade for them right now.

3. As much as I like Prucha and Dawes' future, they are not fully 2nd line talent right now.

4. Like I said, Malik isn't much better than anything they could get cheap for a 5th round pick or so.

5. You aren't allowed to pay another team's contract unless that happened prior to the new CBA. Therefore the Jagr one is still in affect, but no new ones can be made. The Lightning aren't allowed to pay a penny of Richards' contract if they trade him.

6. If the Rangers were going to make a package involving Montoya, Baranka, and one of Prucha/Dawes, they wouldn't do it to gain in a position where they already have 4 guys perfect for their roles. Gomez and Drury are ideal top 2 line centers, with Dubinsky an ideal 3rd line center and Betts an an ideal 4th line center. What the hell would we do, move Gomez or Drury to wing? That doesn't help at all. Their ideal position is C.

7. Overall this proposal is just brutal. Without taking the other things into consideration. The Lightning wouldn't think twice before declining this deal even without the 3rd rounder, let alone with it. Unbelievably biased proposal. Try again (no please don't....)

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:20 PM
  #5
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,160
vCash: 500
No thanks we don't need Richards

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
  #6
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
No thanks we don't need Richards
You mean you can not fit him under the cap.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
  #7
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You mean you can not fit him under the cap.
No, even if there was no salary cap I would not do that trade, and I'm not sure TB would either, it's just bad.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
  #8
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Brad Richards is -25 this year!! Impressive!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
  #9
segmentation fault
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,880
vCash: 500
This trade, to me, seems absolutely pointless.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
  #10
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You mean you can not fit him under the cap.
No but even if we could why would we trade away all that for Brad Richards?

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
  #11
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
No but even if we could why would we trade away all that for Brad Richards?
Better question: why would Tampa take so little for Richards?

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 02:42 PM
  #12
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Better question: why would Tampa take so little for Richards?
Tampa would take this and run, don't know what your thinking...

Making it seem like Brad Richards is an all star.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
  #13
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,577
vCash: 500
7.8 mil cap hit for Richards through 2011. 5.25 for St. Louis through 2011. LeCavalier who is truly their most important player a 6.875 through the 09 season. That's a lot of money for 3 players and for a team weak on defense and in goal. Their season is in much worse shape than ours. They need to rebuild and the Richards and St. Louis contracts stand in the way. At least one of them has to go and the sooner the better for them. I wouldn't mind Richards--he's a great setup man and an excellent pointman but his contract is just way out of line. We have good young players that they could use--Prucha, Dawes, Montoya, Sauer, Baranka--I just don't see us doing a deal here.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:16 PM
  #14
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincetonRanger View Post
I remember watching a Bob Mckenzie segment on TSN where he mentioned that st. Louis might get shipped for much needed goaltending. But, Lecavalier and s.t. Louis make one of the best 1 ,2 punches in the NHL and I seriously doubt that Feaster would basically trade away his team's offence. It seems that Richards, if anything, would definitely be the first to go unless some team is willing for a gross overpayment for Lecavalier. What would it take for the Rangers to land Richards?

the obvious need for Tampa:
-goaltending (which we only really have a prospect--see: Montoya)
-defense (we have...Malik)
-second line offense (prucha, dawes)

To Tampa:
Montoya, Malik, Baranka, prucha/dawes

To Rangers:
Richards and a 3rd, taking 1.8 mil of his salary (ala Jagr from WAS)

Because our first line is just starting to gel, I'd put richards on the second line and put him or drury on wing. This would ease the retirement of Shanahan/Straka, but we would have no cap space to sign one of the big gun UFAs (Hossa) this summer.
5 posts means you're new, so I won't flame you for the proposal...just don't make a habit of it.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:36 PM
  #15
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Tampa would take this and run, don't know what your thinking...

Making it seem like Brad Richards is an all star.
Are you kidding me? It's official, you are worse than jOrts. JOrts at least has his neurons working in his brain when he comes up with farfetched ideas, and sometimes he actually sees things the way they are. You are just the most biased Ranger fan I have ever met. Please, I dare you to post this on this on the Tampa Bay Board, or even NHL board. I dare you.....

70 points last year, 90 the year before, this year he is on pace for 23 goals and 65 points. Get a damn clue. He's on pace for 65 points playing with Michel Oullet and Jan Hlavac! Seriously! 65 points with those 2 fools? Put him with a Shanny and he puts up 90+ every year. 65 points playing with guys projected to score 12 and 16 goals.

Once again, if you are so sure Tampa Bay would "take this and run," then I dare you to post it on their boards and the NHL boards.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:53 PM
  #16
PrincetonRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Princeton, NJ
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Try again (no please don't....)
lol, ok. you don't like the trade proposal. no reason why you should be rude

PrincetonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
  #17
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Are you kidding me? It's official, you are worse than jOrts. JOrts at least has his neurons working in his brain when he comes up with farfetched ideas, and sometimes he actually sees things the way they are. You are just the most biased Ranger fan I have ever met. Please, I dare you to post this on this on the Tampa Bay Board, or even NHL board. I dare you.....

70 points last year, 90 the year before, this year he is on pace for 23 goals and 65 points. Get a damn clue. He's on pace for 65 points playing with Michel Oullet and Jan Hlavac! Seriously! 65 points with those 2 fools? Put him with a Shanny and he puts up 90+ every year. 65 points playing with guys projected to score 12 and 16 goals.

Once again, if you are so sure Tampa Bay would "take this and run," then I dare you to post it on their boards and the NHL boards.
It's not like this board is unlocked only to Ranger fans, they have read it.

And no, Tampa Bay's least problem is offense, therefore, this would help them more than hurt them. Maybe in the long run, but it would help them. Losing Richards would not be end all be there goes the team, hardly anything close.

You just have an un-ending hatred for me..but, continue..

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 04:41 PM
  #18
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Yes, because clearly the answer to their defensive issues is Malik and Baranka

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
  #19
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Yes, because clearly the answer to their defensive issues is Malik and Baranka
Montoya and Baranka. Malik just brings leadership and simple play on a team with 4 young D Men.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 04:59 PM
  #20
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Brad is a minus 25?

Lol

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:28 PM
  #21
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Are you kidding me? It's official, you are worse than jOrts. JOrts at least has his neurons working in his brain when he comes up with farfetched ideas, and sometimes he actually sees things the way they are. You are just the most biased Ranger fan I have ever met. Please, I dare you to post this on this on the Tampa Bay Board, or even NHL board. I dare you.....

70 points last year, 90 the year before, this year he is on pace for 23 goals and 65 points. Get a damn clue. He's on pace for 65 points playing with Michel Oullet and Jan Hlavac! Seriously! 65 points with those 2 fools? Put him with a Shanny and he puts up 90+ every year. 65 points playing with guys projected to score 12 and 16 goals.

Once again, if you are so sure Tampa Bay would "take this and run," then I dare you to post it on their boards and the NHL boards.


Sather loves low risk high rewards, imagine he snagged the big russian kid Artyukin wow. Imagine Artyukin Anismov Cherpanov.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=56840


Artyukin to Rangers
3rd to Bolts

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:36 PM
  #22
shady8277
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
y not just do malik for Lecavalier and let tampa pay him, i like that one better

shady8277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:44 PM
  #23
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
richards makes too much money, but hes a helluva player. off year or not, he can play for my team any day of the week. sadly, not at the cash he is making. hes got an albatross of a contract, just like drury and gomez.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:57 PM
  #24
bumrusherer
Registered User
 
bumrusherer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
I quite like the centers we have on our team already.
Granted, Richards is good, but he's not someone who i think is a coveted peice to take the team to another level.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM
  #25
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
I quite like the centers we have on our team already.
Granted, Richards is good, but he's not someone who i think is a coveted peice to take the team to another level.
to me hes a lot like chris drury in a lot of ways. he doesnt seem to knock your socks off with his play, but the numbers always end up being there. hes also still very young.

if we didnt have drury, id jump at the chance to pick up richards. but with henrik about to have a monster payday, you cant have 3 guys all making that much cash, and still expect to keep our young studs when/before they hit the open market.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.