HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundqvist

Old
01-14-2008, 08:44 PM
NYR fan 2

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Lundqvist

I think he's back. Ever since the big save he made with a couple seconds to go in the first he looked like he did earlier in the year. I'm not just saying this because he didn't let anymore goals in but because it finally looked like he wasn't fighting the puck anymore. The past month or so during his cold streak it looked like he was always fighting the puck, even on the saves he made. But he made some really good saves in the second and third and appeared to be a lot more comfortable then he has in the past month.

We'll have to see how he plays in the next couple games, but at least there is something positive coming from tonights game.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he played very well tonight. i cant fault him on any of the goals. His rebound control isnt want it was in the beginning of the year, but he made some great stops tonight.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
he played very well tonight. i cant fault him on any of the goals. His rebound control isnt want it was in the beginning of the year, but he made some great stops tonight.
Agreed.

Only 1 goal was his fault tonight, he was left to die on the other 2.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Agreed.

Only 1 goal was his fault tonight, he was left to die on the other 2.
which goal bro? the empty netter? the 5 on 3? the complete breakdown of the defense to crosby and malkin? or the other complete breakdown of the defense to crosby or malkin on the power play? i cant fault him on any of em bro.

Old
01-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
which goal bro? the empty netter? the 5 on 3? the complete breakdown of the defense to crosby and malkin? or the other complete breakdown of the defense to crosby or malkin on the power play? i cant fault him on any of em bro.
well pretty much true, I was going to make arguments for the third one, but your pretty much right.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Too early to say he is "back", but he certainly played well tonight. I would like to see him work a little more on his rebound control, but overall he played well.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
h0ckeyman

i think he played well late, i also think he went down too early on the first goal and could have held the rebound on malkins 2nd. The only reason i believe he should have is because my expectations are extremely high.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Speedtrials

I think outside of the Philly game he has played well the past 5 or 6 games. Unfortunately this team has no discipline, and has a tendancy to provide deflections for the other team.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:21 PM
NYR fan 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Too early to say he is "back", but he certainly played well tonight. I would like to see him work a little more on his rebound control, but overall he played well.
Yeah I know, I just saw signs of him playing how he played earlier in the year tonight. I'm anxious to see how he plays in the next game and see if he can carry his stellar play over. You're right, thought, that his rebound control was average tonight but it seemed like he wasn't fighting the puck like he has been the last couple weeks.

Old
01-17-2008, 12:24 AM
NYR fan 2

after tonights game, I think this deserves a bump

Old
01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

his rebound control was back. he played a very henrik-like game. this is what i expect from him, especially if hes getting paid almost 7 mil per a year.

Old
01-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Forever Blue

I think he's back. To be honest though, I am a little worried that in all three years he's been here, he's had an extended period of time where he hasn't played even to average standards. I'm not saying a goalie's not allowed to slump; even the all-time greats have done that. But they seem to be a little longer and a little worse than some other elite netminders.

But of course, when he's on, you could argue no one's better. He's on for the vast majority of a season, and I'll take that type of shutdown ability.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 03:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

year 1 he had physical issues (hip flexor, and migraines), year 3 his dad had a brain aneurysm. year 2 wasnt all his fault as his D just hung him out to dry.

the streaks have been there, not going to argue with that. but injuries and family issues are the reason in 2 out of the 3 years. i dont see it as an issue to be honest.

want something to complain about Henrik? his stick handling behind the net borders on the comical. hed be a better goalie just by refusing to play the puck behind the net.

Old
01-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Forever Blue

Quote:
year 1 he had physical issues (hip flexor, and migraines), year 3 his dad had a brain aneurysm. year 2 wasnt all his fault as his D just hung him out to dry.
Year 1 is something I understand, I can give him a pass on that. Last year the D was bad, but he also looked very uncomfortable. He as a goalie breaks down over a stretch, regardless of the play in front of him; he lets in a few easy goals, his rebound control is poor. This year, I'm sure his father was on his mind, but from what I've read, he didn't even know about the situation until after the surgery had occured, and he'd been struggling for a little while already. Even he came out and said it wasn't an excuse.

I'm not complaining, I'll take him being a top 3 shutdown goalie for most of the season. It's a lot better than pretty much anything outside of Luongo and Brodeur.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote