HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Back to Back Series this Weekend

Old
01-17-2008, 10:03 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Back to Back Series this Weekend

This series is huge. Boston is only one point behind the Rangers. I think the Rangers have the advantage in that the 2nd game is at Home. If the Rangers can come out and win the first game on Saturday they have an excellent chance at taking both games.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 10:07 AM
mstraka82

play Lundy back to back

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka82 View Post
play Lundy back to back
They should. If Lundqvist wins both of these games it would be a huge boost for him.

If they win both games they'd be only two points out of first (barring wins from teams ahead).

It's time for the team to start turning it on. Maybe I'm being too optimistic since they were playing a team that's been crappy. However, with the DDP line coming to life and the first line has been pretty much there for a while I see things starting to look up.

Old
01-17-2008, 10:37 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
They should. If Lundqvist wins both of these games it would be a huge boost for him.

If they win both games they'd be only two points out of first (barring wins from teams ahead).

It's time for the team to start turning it on. Maybe I'm being too optimistic since they were playing a team that's been crappy. However, with the DDP line coming to life and the first line has been pretty much there for a while I see things starting to look up.
it's too bad they only play 5-6min a game... but you know when you have such big time scorers as betts, hollywood, and orr we have to give them alot of ES time. I hate Renney.

But agreed that this is huge. If we get swept by Boston (not unlikely) it will be difficult getting into the playoffs. Boston still has games in hand against us as well. These next 4 games I think will decide if we are buyers or sellers on this market. A bad showing 0-4 1-3 could cripple us. However a good showing 4-0 3-1 could prove to be a launching point. Very interesting to see how the players and our poor excuse for a coach play this series out.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 10:59 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I hear that Boston's fighting some injuries and the flu bug, so hopefully things fall right.

Old
01-17-2008, 11:07 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I hear that Boston's fighting some injuries and the flu bug, so hopefully things fall right.

Just don't give us the flu.

Old
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
except for Renney... wouldn't mind seeing him miss a couple games w/ the flu....

Old
01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Hoping the Rangers have the Bruins AND the Thrashers number the next week.

I'd be happy with 3 out of 4. Really happy. Would love to see a win on Saturday and then that second home game coming back should be a minor advantage. Its a 12:30 start, i'll be there. Its gonna be a cold windy afternoon, but it could be a big game going into the double home games against the (first place!) Thrashers.

That means they would be 5-2 in their last 7, which is a good sign of turning things around.

But they'll have to play much better than last night, despite the win, i really don't think they played extremely well.

Gotta stay healthy if they are gonna get back in this. Avery needs to play like last night every game, its amazing what that guy adds to this team. Its funny, as crappy as they are playing they are only 6 points off of 1st place in the Atlantic - yes with more games played, but if they can right the ship now, they have a huge game against the Devils on FEB 1st. If they close the gap that could be a huge game.

BUT it all starts here and now. I really believe their season lies in the next 10 games.

Boston - 2
Thrashers - 2
Carolina - 1
Flyers - 1
Devils - 1
Montreal - 1
Kings - 1
Ducks - 1

I'd say they have to go 7-3-0, 6-3-1, 5-3-2 or around 12-15 points to stay afloat.

Gotta stay away from the regulation L's - which they've had a hard time doing. I think if they lose 4 or 5 in this stretch in regulation they are DONE.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:01 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The season truly lies in the last few weeks of the season with all of those divisional games, but as long as they keep themselves close or can right ship and start winning we should be in good shape.

Old
01-17-2008, 12:02 PM
RedLightDistrict

Frankly, I'm pumped. I'm leaving NY and heading back to Boston on Sunday (Emerson College undergrad), and the hockey team that I'm on there is a huge mix of Rangers and Bruins fans. It's gonna be a nice start to second semester

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Hoping the Rangers have the Bruins AND the Thrashers number the next week.

I'd be happy with 3 out of 4. Really happy. Would love to see a win on Saturday and then that second home game coming back should be a minor advantage. Its a 12:30 start, i'll be there. Its gonna be a cold windy afternoon, but it could be a big game going into the double home games against the (first place!) Thrashers.

That means they would be 5-2 in their last 7, which is a good sign of turning things around.

But they'll have to play much better than last night, despite the win, i really don't think they played extremely well.

Gotta stay healthy if they are gonna get back in this. Avery needs to play like last night every game, its amazing what that guy adds to this team. Its funny, as crappy as they are playing they are only 6 points off of 1st place in the Atlantic - yes with more games played, but if they can right the ship now, they have a huge game against the Devils on FEB 1st. If they close the gap that could be a huge game.

BUT it all starts here and now. I really believe their season lies in the next 10 games.

Boston - 2
Thrashers - 2
Carolina - 1
Flyers - 1
Devils - 1
Montreal - 1
Kings - 1
Ducks - 1

I'd say they have to go 7-3-0, 6-3-1, 5-3-2 or around 12-15 points to stay afloat.

Gotta stay away from the regulation L's - which they've had a hard time doing. I think if they lose 4 or 5 in this stretch in regulation they are DONE.
spot on. good job. We also need luck though on which teams lose as well.

Old
01-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Just as big as a divisional home and home. Direct competition with Baaston for that 8 spot.

A split is a must

A sweep would be a real step in the right direction and HUGE HUGE for the teams mojo right now.

Lundqvist should get both starts at this point. Dont you think?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:23 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Just as big as a divisional home and home. Direct competition with Baaston for that 8 spot.

A split is a must

A sweep would be a real step in the right direction and HUGE HUGE for the teams mojo right now.

Lundqvist should get both starts at this point. Dont you think?
Given that he has 15 out of his 20 wins at home this year IF Renney decides to play Vally it better be on the road on Sat.. Plus im going to the game on Sunday and I want to see Hank in net and 2 wins, not one.

The Rangers and the Giants.

What a day that would be. Go into the city, there will probably be a dusting of snow on the ground, frigid windy day -see a win at 12:30 - 3 then go home, eat some chips and a nice big lunch and relax and watch the Giants beat the Packers in the Tundra at 6 -10pm

WOuld love that.

But itll probably be a nasty snowy slick cold day and 2 losses instead.

Old
01-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Flu bug is hitting NYC hard, had it on the news this morning that hospitals are seeing huge number of cases.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 01:43 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Rangers need to take at the very least 3 of 4 points from Boston.
Rangers NEED to take 4 of 4 from Atlanta- both games are home, and Atlanta is a weaker team. Their goaltending is questionable. Not to mention the Rangers should be fired up for Leetch night.

All in all- Next 4 games they must take 7 of 8 points

01-17-2008, 02:04 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyR424 View Post
Rangers need to take at the very least 3 of 4 points from Boston.
Rangers NEED to take 4 of 4 from Atlanta- both games are home, and Atlanta is a weaker team. Their goaltending is questionable. Not to mention the Rangers should be fired up for Leetch night.

All in all- Next 4 games they must take 7 of 8 points
I wouldnt be pissed if they got 6 though. thats 3 out of 4 and still asking a lot from this team.

Old
01-17-2008, 02:07 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I wouldnt be pissed if they got 6 though. thats 3 out of 4 and still asking a lot from this team.
But the point is that it shouldnt be asking alot from this team. The Rangers should be better than both Boston and Atlanta

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I think the DDP line should be on the ice for the first face off.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Stoney La Rock

Quote:
Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that in the NHL, the flu is the only illness ever mentioned for keeping players out of the game? It's never a cold, or a stomach virus, or food poisoning, or any of the numerous possibilities that exist in the world of germs. If a player is under the weather, he inevitably and invariably has "the flu." It seems that there is more flu in the NHL than in the rest of the nations of the civilized world combined. Can't they change it up with some Norwalk virus or something?

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 02:42 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyR424 View Post
But the point is that it shouldnt be asking alot from this team. The Rangers should be better than both Boston and Atlanta
But the reality is, it IS right now.

Old
01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Yeah this Bruins series is a big one. I'm going to the game on Saturday up in Boston and I had thought Valiquette may start that game so Lundqvist would play Sunday...but I actually think it would make more sense to see Lundqvist play both Bruins games and then maybe give Valley a start Tuesday? I think he should probably play once before the all-star break.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 05:45 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that in the NHL, the flu is the only illness ever mentioned for keeping players out of the game? It's never a cold, or a stomach virus, or food poisoning, or any of the numerous possibilities that exist in the world of germs. If a player is under the weather, he inevitably and invariably has "the flu." It seems that there is more flu in the NHL than in the rest of the nations of the civilized world combined. Can't they change it up with some Norwalk virus or something?
LOL

Never thought of it.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Yeah this Bruins series is a big one. I'm going to the game on Saturday up in Boston and I had thought Valiquette may start that game so Lundqvist would play Sunday...but I actually think it would make more sense to see Lundqvist play both Bruins games and then maybe give Valley a start Tuesday? I think he should probably play once before the all-star break.
If there isn't a NEED to play Vally, I wouldn't play him, before the all-star break or not. I see more of a need (if anything) of him playing @ Boston so that Lundy can get some rest for the game here vs. Boston. No need for him to play vs. ATL since there are games btwn then for Lundy to rest. I'd still rather Lundy play back-to-back as we saw him do at the beginning of the season. Playing Vally is like tossing a coin if you know what I mean.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I really like this matchup. Should be physical hockey. I really like to to see the two 4th lines going up against each other here. Also like the Jagr/Ward matchup. Obvious at this point these two do not like each other. Hopefully that is enough to light a fire a little under his arse and get him going. The longer his lack of production lasts the more people are going to scream for his head...and this guy just does not respond well to that!

Also looking foward to watching Lucic in back to back games. Exciting young pyhsical player.

Anyone else going to Sunday's game?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 05:53 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
If there isn't a NEED to play Vally, I wouldn't play him, before the all-star break or not. I see more of a need (if anything) of him playing @ Boston so that Lundy can get some rest for the game here vs. Boston. No need for him to play vs. ATL since there are games btwn then for Lundy to rest. I'd still rather Lundy play back-to-back as we saw him do at the beginning of the season. Playing Vally is like tossing a coin if you know what I mean.
Yeah I could see Valiquette playing Saturday. Then again, since there will be 4 days off after Thursday, maybe Lundqvist just plays out the stretch. He played great against Boston in October, so that could be a key to starting him both games. But if Valiquette plays once before the break, I wouldn't be surprised.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote