HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do you live?

View Poll Results: Where do you go to college or are an alum from?
NC State 6 27.27%
UNC-Chapel Hill 1 4.55%
East Carolina 2 9.09%
Wake Forest 0 0%
Appalachain 4 18.18%
Western Carolina 0 0%
Elon 0 0%
Davidson 0 0%
Campbell 0 0%
UNC-Greensboro 0 0%
UNC-Asheville 1 4.55%
other UNC school 0 0%
U of South Carolina 0 0%
College of Charleston 1 4.55%
other University or College 8 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-17-2008, 01:33 AM
The One Who Knocks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusiouxcanesguy View Post
nice! I think that is when I went to a game, back before I knew or cared about hockey lol. so if you live in CA, are you a Ducks, Sharks, or Kings fan?
I was a Ducks fan before I was even a hockey fan (those Mighty Ducks movies were awesome) but since I've moved, I've become a diehard Sharks fan. I still like the Ducks, and the Kings are alright despite their mediocrity, but I really like the Sharks. I still like the Canes more, so don't worry

The One Who Knocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 06:41 AM
AntonFromAppState
Hurricaniac

Born in Myrtle Beach, moved to England, moved to New Mexico where I became a fan of the coyotes, then moved to Raleigh where I am now a fan of the Canes (still support the coyotes) and I go to Appalachian State home of the 3 time national champion football team.

AntonFromAppState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 06:49 AM
WoodGundy

Born and raised in Halifax, NS and living in Grand Cayman for the last three years, less a few months living in Curacao.

WoodGundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach - #1 Canes Fan View Post
I was a Ducks fan before I was even a hockey fan (those Mighty Ducks movies were awesome) but since I've moved, I've become a diehard Sharks fan. I still like the Ducks, and the Kings are alright despite their mediocrity, but I really like the Sharks. I still like the Canes more, so don't worry
ah i gotcha. well, ive always been kinda a closet Sharks fan myself. no idea why, I just like em.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
ah, nice. my fiance and I will hopefully be out there in the next 3 years or so. always loved denver...
its pretty nice, i visit home but i cant imagine going back.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 11:41 AM
AcidQueen
Joe, Lord of Evil

Send a message via AIM to AcidQueen Send a message via MSN to AcidQueen Send a message via Yahoo to AcidQueen
Quote:
so basically what you are saying is, you lived in hockeytown and got a taste of what being a fan of and living in the city of the best overall hockey team in the league over the past 15 years is like.....

then you lived here long enough to catch the SC run of a not-so-good overall team.....

and now you live in one of the coolest places on earth (my personal favorite, I would SO live there if I could. even visiting sucks for tryin to get out there though. EXPENSIVE!!)

yeah that sounds like a pretty good life so far
Especially the part where he woke up and stopped cheering for the Focus of Evil in the Hockey World.

Not that I have hated the Red Wings since childhood or anything.

Oh, my turn? Sosorry.

I was born in NW end of the San Fernando Valley and spent the first 10 years of my life thar. Then my mom decided that I and my sister needed to grow up someplace much safer than SoCal, and we hied off to North Dakota where my father's side of the family all live (and where I discovered teh NHL thanks to my paternal grandmother's stolen cable connection--which got Bristol[1] and Sportschannel America (which carried the NHL tv contract back then)).

After graduating from high school, I fled Innsmouth[2] err my hometown (I won't name it--they have embarrassing pichers of me in teh yearbooks) and hied off to Montana and Idaho for a while, with brief stops in Minot before finally moving to Fargo for 2 years and then to North Carolina by way of Minnesota.

And now I work for NCSU--which is really very ironic because I was a State fan when I was in junior high and high school (actually I was a Valvano honk--when he fell from grace it crushed me inside).

And no, I was never in teh Air Force. I just had teh wanderlust.

[1]ESPN--their HQ is in Bristol, CT and they showed Whalers games until 1981.
[2]It's a Lovecraft thing. You'll understand when the stars are right.

AcidQueen is offline   Reply With Quote