HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Jam: Who's out?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2008, 04:49 PM
  #51
CBJmeser61
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJrumble View Post
Ok one step at a time who do you sit for Thursday when Modin comes back. I say Manny.

Nash - Novo - Modin (hitch's hardon, Nash and Modin)
Zherdev - Peca - Vybes (why break up perfection)
Chims - Feds - Fritsche (Feds plays better when people around him move faster)
Boll - Brass - GlenX (really like the sound of this, one crazy, one net crasher, one passer)
I just don't like the thought of breaking up the speed team. Just watching them the last few games makes me wonder why they were ever broken up to begin with. So you have to leave Manny in the lineup especially with his faceoff %. As for throwing Modin back in the first line his first game back will probably land him right back on the IR. As much as i like seeing all the young guys on the ice at the same time there just is no room on the roster.

As for tommorrow night I think it will look something like this

Nash-Feds-Vybes(Vybes starting to turn it on should help Nash become more consistent)
Zherdev-Peca-Novo(Z and Novo are like brothers, the making of our own sedins?)
Chimmers-Manny-Parma(Just need to keep doing what their doing)
Boll-Brass-Modin(Ease Modin back into things for a few games and they were together at the optional practice before they went to Phx)

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 10:47 AM
  #52
Nordique
Registered User
 
Nordique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
What we didn't due Tuesday night, was roll 4 lines. Modin coming back, I hope, enables us to do that. There are alot of ways to combine lines, but I guess a couple things I hope we retain would be:

The 3rd line make up(JC-MM-DF)

Vyborny-Zherdev

Nash-Fed

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
  #53
frito
Registered User
 
frito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJmeser61 View Post
I just don't like the thought of breaking up the speed team. Just watching them the last few games makes me wonder why they were ever broken up to begin with. So you have to leave Manny in the lineup especially with his faceoff %. As for throwing Modin back in the first line his first game back will probably land him right back on the IR. As much as i like seeing all the young guys on the ice at the same time there just is no room on the roster.

As for tommorrow night I think it will look something like this

Nash-Feds-Vybes(Vybes starting to turn it on should help Nash become more consistent)
Zherdev-Peca-Novo(Z and Novo are like brothers, the making of our own sedins?)
Chimmers-Manny-Parma(Just need to keep doing what their doing)
Boll-Brass-Modin(Ease Modin back into things for a few games and they were together at the optional practice before they went to Phx)
I like that combination pretty well. Maybe switch Feda and Peca. I like 3 & 4 for sure. Bring Modin back in the same manner they are bringing Brassard up. Start him out slow 5 on 5 and give him some PP or PK time - one or the other, just not both. Once he gets back into the swing of things start moving him up. Then a whole new dilema starts. But we'll cross that brdge when we, or he, gets there.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 11:53 AM
  #54
CBJmeser61
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
I like that combination pretty well. Maybe switch Feda and Peca. I like 3 & 4 for sure. Bring Modin back in the same manner they are bringing Brassard up. Start him out slow 5 on 5 and give him some PP or PK time - one or the other, just not both. Once he gets back into the swing of things start moving him up. Then a whole new dilema starts. But we'll cross that brdge when we, or he, gets there.
when it comes to feds/peca it doesnt really matter in the end...that is the problem with having a #1 center by commitee. Also, i agree 100% with bringing Modin back slowly..im just scared Hitch wants to see the Nash/Modin line so bad that he will rush him into too many minutes.

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:14 PM
  #55
FiveHole23
Registered User
 
FiveHole23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
I will put money on the fact Modin will play with Nash the first night he comes back.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:19 PM
  #56
Casework
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJrumble View Post
I will put money on the fact Modin will play with Nash the first night he comes back.
I think we'll see Modin-Brassard-Boll, with Modin getting PP time.

2nd or 3rd game, Nash-Fedorov-Modin

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 02:11 PM
  #57
puckeye
 
puckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dublin OH
Country: United States
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
the Crunch blog is reporting that Murray may be out a little longer than expected...

Quote:
MacFarland said Crunch forward Andrew Murray, on recall to Columbus, has suffered a minor setback in his recovery from a concussion. Murray tried taking the ice earlier this week but his symptoms returned, so he's back to slowing down again.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/

My guess is Modin starts on 4th line which could turn out to be decent line with him, Brassard and Boll.

puckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
  #58
cbjgirl
Just thinking
 
cbjgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: about last summer.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,244
vCash: 500
Play Modin with Brassard and Boll for a few games, check the chemistry, then switch to Nash - Brassard - Modin. What do you think?

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 03:57 PM
  #59
cpmCBJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
hitch has said he doesn't want brassard playing against the other team's top defensive line, which will happen if nash and modin are on his line. in the future that could be a good line though.

cpmCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 07:10 PM
  #60
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,280
vCash: 500
Modin takes the open roster spot obviously. I think in the short term Shelley and Glenncross sip drinks in the press box while a trade is worked out once and for all. I think we package Manny and and pick to Pittsburgh for Christensen and a pick (2nd or 3rd?), Vyborny and OKT to the Rangers for Tyutin and Prucha. Westcott gets put on waivers, clears and heads to Syracuse (no way anyone picks up his remaining contract)

So I think that leaves us with something like this.....

Nash Christensen Modin
Zherdev Peca Prucha
Chimera Federov Fritsche
Novotny Brassard Boll

Glencross
Shelley

Foote Hedja
Hainsey Tyutin
Russell Klesla

Methot

Dependind on the performance maybe we see Feds for Vermette and Foote for ??? to be ready for next year.

Wishful thinking...I know.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.