HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

RUMOR: NYR Petr Prucha to CBJ for ___________

Old
01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Man are the Pens on a tear or what? I think Conklin has not only brought his A game in net, but brought a much needed attitude to the locker room.

I'm about ready to pronounce them my favorites to be in the cup finals out of the east.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 10:17 AM
blahblah

I'm going with a second round exit for the Pens...

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Man are the Pens on a tear or what? I think Conklin has not only brought his A game in net, but brought a much needed attitude to the locker room.

I'm about ready to pronounce them my favorites to be in the cup finals out of the east.
Stunning, especially Conklin. I always liked his play and the experience he gained in Alberta but after some weak games here and in Buffalo I thought he was done. I'm shocked, I still don't wan't the Pens to advance though, they are not on my favorite list by a long shot.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 12:09 PM
cpmCBJ

don't really see how a backup goalie who happens to be hot right now changed the attitude in the locker room. in addition, what effect does that "attitude" have on the ice? are professionals that affected by one guy's attitude that it noticeably affects their play? honestly, i'd be frightened if that were the case.

cpmCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmCBJ View Post
don't really see how a backup goalie who happens to be hot right now changed the attitude in the locker room. in addition, what effect does that "attitude" have on the ice? are professionals that affected by one guy's attitude that it noticeably affects their play? honestly, i'd be frightened if that were the case.
Conks da man. See below.

Old
01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
puckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmCBJ View Post
actually the pens started to turn it around when they scratched Recchi and Sydor who were both struggling and brought up Letang & Tyler Kennedy from Wilkes-Barre. The 2 kids brought a jump to lineup and the team seem to respond. Sydor has sinced got back in the lineup and has generally played better.

Fleury started slow and after getting jerked in & out of the lineup started to get it going then got hurt. Conklin came in a few games later and looked shaky but was effective. It seemed like the defenseman did not know how to react when he handled the puck (MAF is terrible handling the puck) and took a couple of games to figure it out. Once they did, it seemed like the whole team just started working much more effectively and Conklin has been seeing beachballs coming at him. Conklin's ability to handle the puck has relieved a lot of pressure of the dmen and allowed them to get the puck out of the zone quickly and get to our skilled forwards which has allowed the Pens to dominate the puck.

puckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Kev22

Anyone think that this could be a three team trade involving Malkin or Jordan Staal? Maybe the Jackets are looking for a young impact player. Just a thought.

Kev22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

first round exit for Pitts...

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 03:26 PM
FiveHole23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Anyone think that this could be a three team trade involving Malkin or Jordan Staal? Maybe the Jackets are looking for a young impact player. Just a thought.
Id love Malkin or Staal, but if it involves getting rid of Nash or Zherdev im not for it.

I don't think the Pens are going to be able to hold on to both and Sid in the future. All centers with first line potential.

Honestly thought, no I dont see it happening. Im not sure what we could offer the Pens that they would be interested in.

Maybe...
Klesla + more

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 04:40 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
The problem with 3-way deals is there's only two different conferences.
Its only a problem when the proposed trade involves two contending teams from the same conference. I doubt that the Jackets would have a problem trading with the Kings, for example. But do you think we'd make a 3 way deal that helped the Blues? I have my doubts.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 06:06 PM
cpmCBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckeye View Post

Fleury started slow and after getting jerked in & out of the lineup started to get it going then got hurt. Conklin came in a few games later and looked shaky but was effective. It seemed like the defenseman did not know how to react when he handled the puck (MAF is terrible handling the puck) and took a couple of games to figure it out. Once they did, it seemed like the whole team just started working much more effectively and Conklin has been seeing beachballs coming at him. Conklin's ability to handle the puck has relieved a lot of pressure of the dmen and allowed them to get the puck out of the zone quickly and get to our skilled forwards which has allowed the Pens to dominate the puck.
this makes more sense than "bringing a different attitude to the lineup." he actually affects the team on the ice in a semi-tangible way. good post. very enlightening.

cpmCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/01...interest.shtml

Reed mentions Tyutin (Rags) and Christensen (Pens) as possible "players of interest." while I don't dispute the Jackets might have interest in these players, I think Reed and Portzy are just trying to keep their own interest up as the CBJ/NYR rumors/scout sightings drag on. That said, we'll probably see both of those guys here by week's end.

I advocated Christensen as a trade target some time in the distant past. He's a Vermette-esque player, maybe doesn't offer as much skill as AV. More offensive upside, IMO, than Novotny, but far from a top line center.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:07 PM
frito

Pft, neither of those guys spark my interest. Our team is really gelling right now. Unless it's the first line center everybody says we need, don't mess with it. That being said, if they're going to make a deal, make it already and let the guys settle into their game. Unless of course this all just a big time head game to get them to play their hearts out.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
Unless of course this all just a big time head game to get them to play their hearts out.
That's an interesting thought. Could be perceived to fit with Hitch's "players can count" comment. Trade talks, players getting waived/sent to the minors, speculation about being buyers or sellers, and we get good play from Vybes and Chim in particular, two players whose names have popped up in trade rumors, at least as far as "other teams might be interested in...".

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:21 PM
puckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/01...interest.shtml

Reed mentions Tyutin (Rags) and Christensen (Pens) as possible "players of interest." while I don't dispute the Jackets might have interest in these players, I think Reed and Portzy are just trying to keep their own interest up as the CBJ/NYR rumors/scout sightings drag on. That said, we'll probably see both of those guys here by week's end.

I advocated Christensen as a trade target some time in the distant past. He's a Vermette-esque player, maybe doesn't offer as much skill as AV. More offensive upside, IMO, than Novotny, but far from a top line center.
good points but he may be a good fit with Nash who does a lot of the boardwork while EC is good at playing off the wall and has a wricked shot, also great at shoot-outs. Not sure if he is a "Hitch-type" player though, has been inconsistent

puckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Same thing in Yahoo sports, but it mentions sources are from Dispatch.

Quote:
Jackets interested in NY's Tyutin, Pittsburgh's Christensen?
Wednesday, Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm EST
Since reports started that the New York Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets have been scouting one another on a regular basis, rumors of a deal have been rampant around the league.

The latest speculation has Columbus interested in Rangers defenseman Fedor Tyutin and Pittsburgh Penguins center Erik Christensen. The Jackets have scouted both teams of late and the Penguins, who are in need of defensive minded players, might be the best suitors according to the Columbus Dispatch.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Same thing in Yahoo sports, but it mentions sources are from Dispatch.
no way Tyutin gets dealt

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote