HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whose No Cujo?

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 12:04 PM
JnJosh

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JnJosh
Belfour wasn't the only thing that kept them in this game. Anyone who payed attention to this game in detail like I did would realize that the whole TEAM played better. We iced this game, and hopefully the series.

Old
04-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Talker29
I'm curious to know which series you think Cujo stole for us. For the most part, I watched a goalie almost lose to teams that were significantly worse than the Leafs on a number of occassions.
Your judgement is obviously clouded by your bias against Curtis Joseph. Joseph was completely dominant against Philadelphia in round one of the 1999 playoffs. Philadephia was a much better team, and we beat them in 6 allowing very few goals.

When I look at the loss against Buffalo, I don't feel that bad because we had a similar amount of talent to them, and they weren't significantly worse. We didn't have Mogilny, Nolan, Roberts, Nieuwendyk back then. We had Berezin, Thomas, Johnson.

When we were elimated by the Devils the year they won the cup and the year they came within a game of winning the cup, we weren't losing to a significantly worse team.

I point to the Ottawa series of 2002 as a series Cujo stole for us. The Sens completely outclassed Toronto that year, and if not for Roberts, Cujo and McCauley, we wouldn't have won.

Losing to Carolina that season wasn't Joseph's fault. Joseph let in all of 10 goals against in 6 games. You can hardly blame your goalie for a loss when you score 6 goals in 6 games.

Old
04-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Lisa Needs Braces

They said last night on HNIC that belfour had a bit of the flu for game one.no one plays that well with the flu eg. when ottawa had the flu in the 5-4 OT victory for the leafs.

Old
04-11-2004, 05:04 PM
richardn

Belfour has nothing to prove in my eyes. He is the man and one of the top goalies of all time. I would rank him up thier with Roy and Brodeur and ahead of Hasek. Hasek is a suck and a whiner.

Old
04-11-2004, 10:04 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

we'll see what happens
he's got to come thru to make the difference in this series
game 2 was a big improvement from game 1

Old
04-12-2004, 04:39 AM
coachbob

I appreciated Cujo when he was here and he was a solid playoff goalie. When he left, I couldn't believe it. He was so sensitive and the Olympic thing soured him on Quinn. To me that showed how he put himself before the team. Brodeur deserved to be the Olympic starter and Cujo shouldn't have even played unless Marty was hurt. Eddie meanwhile, did his part on that Olympic team and understood his role. Now that the Eagle has landed in Toronto, I watch him play and see him as one of the most fundamentally sound goalies ever to wear a Leaf jersey and a definite upgrade over Joseph. This guy is a winner and is much more capable of bringing a cup to Toronto than Cujo ever was. Nothing against Cujo, but give me the Eagle any day.

Old
04-12-2004, 02:09 PM
albathegreat*

I would love to hear a EDDIE"S better chant like they did in Dallas when Belfour said he was just as good a Roy in hte playoffs a few years back.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:22 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Belfour absolutely dominated tonights game. Without him this contest could have gone either way. Belfour was pretty much the only reason we even stood a chance last year and with a better supporting cast this year, who says he can't win us a series. The man has stood on his head making saves ever since he joined this squad, so for those who jumped the gun earlier today and yesterday, for shame! The Eagle is the best hope for this club and I'd take him any day of the week over Joseph.
Maple_Leafs_Forever.........

I agree with everything you said.....Excellent!

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
04-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
it was one game
Ok, and your next excuse is?

Old
04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
MLSE

The last thread said Eddie was no cujo YET.

I think he just had to prove himself because we had cujo who did a good amount for us.

I think we can safely say Eddie is still no Cujo... He's starting to look better.

Closed Thread