HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toivonen is crap...

Old
01-17-2008, 04:27 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
After the Hawks game, Should we rename this thread?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 05:37 PM
StLooFrenchy

Crap or not, he's baaa-aaack! And he's not coming alone, he's dragging Glumac with him. Marek is going to Peoria, where I hope he regains his manhood.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/mor...umac-with-him/

I'm glad for Glumac, he has done everything the club asked him to do, was patient, played his game and is getting rewarded. Of course, I see this as a do-or-die for his hopes of an NHL career. Good luck!!!

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 08:19 PM
BluesDarb

Linglet deserved a call up so much more.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 08:25 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDarb View Post
How so? Their numbers were very close, why should Linglet get the call over Glumac, who had a good camp and has been a loyal footsoldier for this club? I'm not trying to bust your chops, I just want to know your reasoning.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Could it be that Andy Murray, Pleau and JD all agree that Linglet is not the answer to their offensive woes (not that Glumac is)? I have read several times that Murray has stated that (paraphrased-as I don't remember the exact quote) Linglet skates too slowly, or is a step too slow, or needs to improve his skating or skating speed, or something to that effect.

Don't you think that JD, Pleau and Mac would protest if Murray continuously reached unfairly over Linglet to bring up forwards that can't help as much as Linglet? Apparantly, Murray thinks that Linglet (as compared to some of the other Peoria forwards) would be a defensive liability, while not creating enough additional offence to warrant his presence on The Blues' NHL roster. Apparently, JD doesn't have enough of a problem with Murray's thinking on that subject to get in a heated debate with his coach.

I haven't seen Linglet play other than in a few shifts in a Blues' preseason game. I didn't see enough to make me confident to decide if he can add enough offence to The Blues' lineup to warrant any potential defensive weakness he'd bring to his shifts. I'd have to defer to Murray's Judgement. I don't profess to know more than a coach who has been reasonably successful at various levels (including the NHL) and has seen the players in question play a lot more than I have.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 09:34 PM
bruinsfan101

Hannu was great for us until that ankle injury.Once he got back he just lost confidence. I personally hope he turns into the starting NHL goalie he was projected to be. Plain and simple, he was just rushed to the NHL. The Bruins tend to rush goalies. Give him times and you guys will like him.

bruinsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Checker*

Great Glumac's up...

Just what we need an excuse for Andy Murray to scratch Perron

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 09:46 PM
KingKessel81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan101 View Post
Hannu was great for us until that ankle injury.Once he got back he just lost confidence. I personally hope he turns into the starting NHL goalie he was projected to be. Plain and simple, he was just rushed to the NHL. The Bruins tend to rush goalies. Give him times and you guys will like him.
I agree the Bruins tend to rush goalies but how was he rushed? He played well when he first came up and clearly looked ready for the NHL. The injury happened and he's sucked ever since, and I think he should've been in Providence much sooner once he completely lost the job to Timmy-- but I'd hardly say that he was rushed.

As you mentioned, he was great and most Bruins fans felt comfortable/thought he'd be the starter last year.

KingKessel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 09:47 PM
BluesDarb

Linglet's Line:
GP G A Pts +/- PIM
41 15 24 39 19 32

Glumac's Line:
GP G A Pts +/- PIM
41 13 19 32 0 63

I'll admit that I don't know the circumstances that led to this gap, especially in PIM and plus/minus, but on paper Linglet appears well ahead Glumac.

Old
01-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Linglet's Line:
GP G A Pts +/- PIM
41 15 24 39 19 32

Glumac's Line:
GP G A Pts +/- PIM
41 13 19 32 0 63

I'll admit that I don't know the circumstances that led to this gap, especially in PIM and plus/minus, but on paper Linglet appears well ahead Glumac.
I would bet Glumac plays against top lines more, but it would be nice to hear from someone who watches them on a regular basis. Also, this may be Glumac's last shot this season.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 11:39 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Quote:
Linglet's Line:
GP G A Pts +/- PIM
41 15 24 39 19 32

Glumac's Line:
GP G A Pts +/- PIM
41 13 19 32 0 63

Well, with double the PIMs, it's possible that could be the reason he doesn't have the same amount of points. I don't remember ever watching him play, what's Glumac's game like?

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 12:30 AM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
Well, with double the PIMs, it's possible that could be the reason he doesn't have the same amount of points. I don't remember ever watching him play, what's Glumac's game like?
Lackluster.

Old
01-19-2008, 02:56 AM
YogiCanucks

Toivonen can do the splits and have his pads lay flat, which in turn blocks ALL the low shots.... That's about all I can say for him.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 11:44 AM
bruinsfan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKessel81 View Post
I agree the Bruins tend to rush goalies but how was he rushed? He played well when he first came up and clearly looked ready for the NHL. The injury happened and he's sucked ever since, and I think he should've been in Providence much sooner once he completely lost the job to Timmy-- but I'd hardly say that he was rushed.

As you mentioned, he was great and most Bruins fans felt comfortable/thought he'd be the starter last year.
I understand what you are saying about my rushed statement.What i meant was he should of been in Providence after the injury longer then he was.

bruinsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Robb_K

The Blues will be going on an extended road trip. They just want an extra (13th) forward on hand in case of an immediate injury situation. I don't think they expect to play Glumac very much if all goes well. This debate may be moot.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
The Blues will be going on an extended road trip. They just want an extra (13th) forward on hand in case of an immediate injury situation. I don't think they expect to play Glumac very much if all goes well. This debate may be moot.
Thats kinda what I was thinking too.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:11 PM
droller*

I am a fantasy owner of Hannu and have followed his development as much as I can (I'm in Vancouver so I see limited Boston/STL games). A few yrs ago after Hannu's rookie season in Boston I built my team around him expecting him to develop into a #1 goalie.

Although I have not seen him night in and night out, from what I gather by watching hockey highlights is his inability to make all the easy saves. He also seems to over commit when he is beaten (going down too early, or overplaying the shot). I am beginning to have my doubts that he will be a #1 tender, but will likely be a solid backup/1A guy. I think this playoff push will give us a better idea of where Hannu is. Legace will need to rest (playing awesome... but he is a small guy and never played a ton of games before). High pressure games with a fast pace will be a much better indicator.

We gotta remember that Hannu is still 23 (as many have said) and young goalies have their ups and downs. Lots of them are able to remain consistant through an 82 game schedule. Ward, Harding, Price, Fleury, and even Lehtonen have some brain cramps and some easier shots beat them.

droller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Hey guys, is Legace injured, on my sportsnet pool it says he is?

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
IknowHockey

Don't think he will miss tonight. The only injury he has is the wrist.

IknowHockey is offline   Reply With Quote