HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Taco Grande

vCash: 500
Trade proposal

Its time we shored up our back-end, as its been pretty weak for a couple years now.

( http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=69927 ) I think we should make a pitch to try to acquire Glenn Healy in exchange for Greg Millen. We'd obviously have to throw in a 3rd or 4th round pick, but i think this move would really shore up our position of color commentator. Who knows, maybe he can even make our PP look competent from time to time.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Loweball

Although Greg Millen is the absolute worst color man on CBC (why HNIC has this guy on is beyond me), Glen Healy is not much better.

While we are on the topic of broadcasters, can someone tell me what that old, grumpy Bill Waters is doing on sportsnet? I thought Nick Kypreos or John Garrett was going to punch the old fart out today. He has no personality, just argues and generally is just a downer. A bad mix there for sure. Oh and he is a total Leafs homer.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:19 PM
oilers24

get the deal done

Old
04-12-2004, 11:09 PM
outKast*

i'd like to see Buchanan and Garrett back together. Those days on A Channel were really something.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:21 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund Oiler
Although Greg Millen is the absolute worst color man on CBC (why HNIC has this guy on is beyond me), Glen Healy is not much better.

While we are on the topic of broadcasters, can someone tell me what that old, grumpy Bill Waters is doing on sportsnet? I thought Nick Kypreos or John Garrett was going to punch the old fart out today. He has no personality, just argues and generally is just a downer. A bad mix there for sure. Oh and he is a total Leafs homer.
Watters is unbelievabley bad. When he said Trevor Kidd was the best back up in the league, that was the final straw. You see alot of homers on HF, but none of them are worse than Watters and that really says something. What makes it worse is that he doesn't have any other qualities to make up for that. Say what you will about Don Cherry, but atleast he's entertaining.

Closed Thread