HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Horsehouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
Right, where else would you go to gloat except after a victory over a very mediocre team without some of its better players. Yeah, I know you don't have Billy Sweatt and the other crackheads that were recently suspended, so spare me. Your team is having a good year, which I was respectful of until you came along. BTW you contradicted yourself on gloating (you were)/ not gloating (don't even deny it) in your last post.

Hmmm, you weren't gloating, eh? Now where would I get that idea with the little laughing emoticon that was attached to your post? I'm sure most people put that in their replies when they are feeling genuine sympathy for another teams' misfortunes. I just must be paranoid. And you are right; I wasn't being classy and I had no reason to be after your post. I don't even slag the Gopher fans after a loss on this board so don't talk to me about class.

Anyway, enjoy your team's good season and congrats on the sweep in Madison...it only happens often as Haley's comet. CC is the better team this year, no doubt. Bucky owns your frustrated arses to the tune of 104-56-8 overall.

I appreciate the advice on the PP. I will contact Mike Eaves at my earliest convenience after he is through strangling his players (maybe he won't be since Alex Leavitt is gone) and imbue that pearl of wisdom unto him.
too much whine to read...good luck on the rest of the season

Old
01-05-2008, 10:01 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
too much whine to read...good luck on the rest of the season
Good banal reply. I expect as much given the short attention span and high illiteracy rate in CO. Maybe next time you can reply with another cop out one-liner like, "that was drivel, yawn". Best of luck to CC as well...maybe after this year they can show some color footage of a successful season in CO Springs for a change.

Last edited by RabidBadger: 01-05-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old
01-07-2008, 04:06 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

vCash: 995
Go Badgers!!!!!!!

Old
01-11-2008, 11:15 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

What the hell happened at the end of the Wisconsin/DU game tonight? Anyone with a dvr could see that there was a full half second left when that puck went in.

Old
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
What the hell happened at the end of the Wisconsin/DU game tonight? Anyone with a dvr could see that there was a full half second left when that puck went in.
Appears Ford scored just befre time expired.

Not sure, FSN feed in Sconnie did an awful job covering the final play (only 2 replays - same angle).

I got the replay feed in WI, in real time, depending on your stopwatch trigger finger, it seems there was less than 3.7 seconds from puck drop to celebration. However, the FSN feed never showed the puck going in... Only the raction of the DU goalie appearing as if he expected it not to count.

Old
01-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Looked like it was in with time to spare to me...I think Schmidt blew another one and yet again it favors DU.

Old
01-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Bucky got screwed.Schmidt and the WCHA reffing messed up again.

Old
01-12-2008, 08:00 AM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Looked like it was in with time to spare to me...I think Schmidt blew another one and yet again it favors DU.
I replayed the live feed with my DVR. While I couldn't quite see the puck in the net, the shot let loose at like 1.2, and Bucky arms shot up in the air in indication of a goal at 0.5 seconds. So, that would indicate the puck was in the net around 0.8 or so.

When I first replayed it, I thought maybe the tv clock had started late and thus was not in sync with the real clock. But it didn't. It started ticking down the instant the puck touched the ice. Couldn't have been more proper.

Can't wait to hear the explanation on this one.

Old
01-12-2008, 01:32 PM
AdmiralPred

The linesman, or second ref, had signaled goal at the horn, he was in position to make the call. Did it seem to be a quick turn-around time for the booth review to overturn it?

Old
01-12-2008, 01:56 PM
RabidBadger

I didn't see the game last night, but by everyone's account it makes the incident more painful to get jipped out of making a valiant comeback. What makes it worse is the Badger's need WCHA points desperately. Making the playoffs looks grim right about now. Still, this team has relied on 3rd period heroics too often this year so it was bound to burn them sometime. Eaves needs to get a solid comlete game out of the team so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

Old
01-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Also IIRC, the red light can't go on if the green light signalling the end of the period stoppage in play whatever is on. So if the guy behind the net in the scorers booth saw it in and pushed the button, that to me says it's in.

The reffing in this whole league this year has been horrible.

Old
01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
RabidBadger

What a great response tonight to a crappy situation. What could have been a sweep or 3 important WCHA points ended up being a split. Still, last night may have been a rallying point for the team. They haven't pasted anyone this bad since Bob Morris came to Madison.

It was an all-around good day for Wisconsin sports with the Packers, Marquette and, most importantly, The Badgers doling out ass-kickings.

Last edited by RabidBadger: 01-13-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

I actually taped this game because I couldn't watch it at the time it was on and when I went back and replayed the game, I flipped on the slo-mo button to watch the last few seconds of that game and the clock clearly showed 0.5 seconds left (what CapsWolverine mentioned) when Matt scored the goal. Furthermore, the call made on the ice was a goal. If it was questionable or unclear, I might be able to give Schmidt the benefit of the doubt here, but there was no question that the goal should have counted!!!! That was just wrong! I don't blame Eaves for being really upset after the game. This is a double whammy for Bucky because one it takes away valuable league points and two, it comes from a ranked league opponent, which also hurts their pairwise/RPI rankings too.

Sorry for the rant folks, I'll get off of my soapbox now.

Old
01-19-2008, 03:05 AM
jay-P

Brendan Smith has missed two consecutive games now. Is he injured at the moment?

Old
01-19-2008, 01:54 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-P View Post
Brendan Smith has missed two consecutive games now. Is he injured at the moment?
Smith is out with back problems. It's reported it happened during the Colgate game and he will be on the shelf for the weekend. If another D-man goes down they will have to move Josh Engel back to D.

Old
01-25-2008, 05:31 PM
RabidBadger

Oh yeah, our old pal Goldie is back in town for the Border Battle. 3 or 4 points is imperative so the team doesn't have to scrabble like it did last year to try and make the playoffs. This could be a series that jumpstarts either team so a good showing is critical. AND, for the love of god, I hope the team can play 3 solid periods instead of the old 3rd period comeback. My nerves can't take too many more of those.

Brendan Smith is still on the shelf, unfortunately

Old
01-25-2008, 06:18 PM
mnhowitzer

Better dead than red! Good luck this weekend Badger fans. Always fun.

Old
01-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Can't remember a less meaningful UM-UW matchup. Hopefully there will be a little passion out there tonight.

Old
01-25-2008, 09:46 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Can't remember a less meaningful UM-UW matchup. Hopefully there will be a little passion out there tonight.
I don't care if either team has not won a game all year, this matchup is never meaningless. I'm sure either school would consider it a successful season if they only won 4 games all year and those four were against the team played against tonight. And seeing as how both teams desperately need to claw their way up in the standings I really don't see how this weekend could be viewed as a wash.

Nice win for Bucky tonight.

Old
01-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
I watched about a total of 20 minutes of the game last nite and all I can say is brutal.Maybe the other 40 minutes was better but the 20 I watched was not entertaining at all.

Old
01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I watched about a total of 20 minutes of the game last nite and all I can say is brutal.Maybe the other 40 minutes was better but the 20 I watched was not entertaining at all.
In a word the game was boring. In two words the game was really boring.

I hope we start Frazee tonight. If he is ever going to come around this is his type of game. Everything on the line, on the road and he is playing for time at this point too.

I want the gophers to go for broke. Take chances like crazy and hope for the best. I do not see us out boring WI in their own house.

Old
01-27-2008, 01:04 AM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Style points aside, it was a very successful weekend for Bucky. I'll take a boring win over a exciting loss, and there have been plenty of those this season, at this point. Yeah it'd be nice if every border battle were like a OSU/Michigan football game, but there are bound to be some less than stellar outings. What both teams need right now are wins and points and I don't think either side gives a toss how they come.

I think the best either side can hope for this season is to gain experience for next year. The real test for both sides will be how each side responds when the the series shifts to The John next month.

Old
02-02-2008, 09:33 AM
RabidBadger

Things are starting to gel for The Badgers. Connelly is finally starting to play to his ability which is going to be the most crucial element to the team's success. Nice job by Shaner last night outdueling Stalock.

If denver does another swan dive like last year WI has a good chance for 3rd in the conference. Not bad for a young team most prognosticators picked to finish 6th
or 7th.

Old
02-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Bucky Ducky

Nice win for Bucky last night.

Here's hoping for a sweep!

Old
02-09-2008, 08:15 PM
RabidBadger

3 out of 4 points is good as this team could ask for in Houghton. Tech has been a pain to play against the past few years and I always feel uneasy when I see them on the schedule. I usually expect the worst with this series so I'm happy for a favorable result.

It's going to be a dogfight for Bucky to the end with the surging Mavericks up next, followed by an always unpredicatable series with Goldie, and I'm sure SCSU must be bloodthirsty for the Badgers with years of failure against them.

11, possibly 12 straight for the Badger Women tonight in the quest for the 3-peat. MJ has the team firing on all cylinders.

Closed Thread