HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Isles @ Lightning l Gm.2 l 3-0 Isles l Series tied 1-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Sotnos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
If I am DiPietro, and the Islanders get kicked out of their hotel room because of Tampa Bay's "late planning", I shoulder-block Khabibulin too. And make sure he knew I meant it.
Interesting insight, since the Isles could have stayed at that hotel but chose not to, but whatever.

Old
04-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
If I am DiPietro, and the Islanders get kicked out of their hotel room because of Tampa Bay's "late planning", I shoulder-block Khabibulin too. And make sure he knew I meant it. Without a doubt there were some in the Isles lockerroom who appreciated that. Maybe Yashin may've not liked it since Khabi is his friend. That's about it I can think of. I don't think it was targeted directly to Khabi so much as the other teams starting goalie.

I dont care who it is targetting it is IMO a truly DISGUSTING thing to do.

IMO in last year alone the league have gotten to see 2 punks that are extremly egotripped that have zero respect for fellow players. Those 2

Nathan Horton, and Dipietro. actions like Dipietros are extreme misconduct and something you should truly only be expected to see in Nutting But Actors league. The league really needs to make sure it does NOT gets allowed to walk down the road of I I I I I I I I of the NBA

Old
04-11-2004, 02:07 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan

IMO in last year alone the league have gotten to see 2 punks that are extremly egotripped that have zero respect for fellow players. Those 2

Nathan Horton, and Dipietro. actions like Dipietros are extreme misconduct and something you should truly only be expected to see in Nutting But Actors league. The league really needs to make sure it does NOT gets allowed to walk down the road of I I I I I I I I of the NBA

DiPietro's been very complimentary about the play of his own teammates and opposing players all season long,even in cases where he's gotten beaten or stoned the opposing player.

the period had just ended with a small scrum.

Neither DiPietro or Khabby were willing to step aside for the other.

so enough with the punk comments and the zero respect for fellow players.

Old
04-11-2004, 02:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Interesting insight, since the Isles could have stayed at that hotel but chose not to, but whatever.

I don't think the players or coaches care about the hotel flap.

It's the nyi front office that got bent out of shape.

So they had to stay at a hotel two blocks away.Not a big deal imo

Old
04-11-2004, 02:26 PM
1Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
So they had to stay at a hotel two blocks away.Not a big deal imo
I agree. I, like a few of the other natives, think it's a bit of a nicer hotel anyway.

Quote:
Neither DiPietro or Khabby were willing to step aside for the other.
It looked to me like Habby looked up, saw Dippy coming, thought Dippy would step aside for him, and subsequently had his head down. My imagination could've been running amok, though.

Old
04-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Rschmitz

I didn't see it, but on the radio Mishken made it sound like it was awfully blunt. That solves nothing, and to concieve that DiPietro purposefully skated into Khabibulin as a "take that" for a lack of hotel planning is silly. I don't like his arrogant attitude or his dirty play. In game 1 he was giving Modin some "crouch uppercuts" with his stick. As a Lightning fan i'd like nothing more than to see someone bump into Modin and for him to crash onto DiPietro and suffercate him till he squell's in pain and the life is drained from his body. With the way he plays, and the attitude he brings; that has to be an awesome feeling if your on his team.

Old
04-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Jones23

Quote:

Talk about making something out of nothing!...very minor!

Turn the page...I'm sure both DiPietro and Khabibulin have!

Go Isles!

Old
04-11-2004, 04:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
I didn't see it, but on the radio Mishken made it sound like it was awfully blunt. That solves nothing, and to concieve that DiPietro purposefully skated into Khabibulin as a "take that" for a lack of hotel planning is silly. I don't like his arrogant attitude or his dirty play. In game 1 he was giving Modin some "crouch uppercuts" with his stick. As a Lightning fan i'd like nothing more than to see someone bump into Modin and for him to crash onto DiPietro and suffercate him till he squell's in pain and the life is drained from his body. With the way he plays, and the attitude he brings; that has to be an awesome feeling if your on his team.
read the comments from the other nyi players (like Peca and Aucoin)and it's pretty clear his teammates like DiPietro attitude/competitiveness.

so do the majority of nyi fans

Old
04-11-2004, 11:04 PM
AFI29

He's the future of American goaltending, how could you not like the kid if your american, you gonna root for russia in the world cup?

Last edited by AFI29: 04-12-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old
04-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFI29
He's the future of American goaltending, how could you not like the kid if your american, you gonna root for russia in the worlds?
I don't get all nationalistic about that stuff personally, so if Khabi's the goalie for Russia, then I'll root for him and whatever other Bolts make their respective teams. I don't think it's un-American to not like DiPietro.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
read the comments from the other nyi players (like Peca and Aucoin)and it's pretty clear his teammates like DiPietro attitude/competitiveness.

so do the majority of nyi fans
And it is an attitude that ruins the sport

Old
04-12-2004, 12:24 AM
AFI29

I dident say it was unamerican, im just saying, im an isles fan and found myself rooting for Richter when he was Team USA's goalie, it's kinda gonna be the same thing for you. Dipietro's just misunderstood, he's actually a very likeable personality even Pang and Levy were saying the sport needs more personalities like his.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:00 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFI29
I dident say it was unamerican, im just saying, im an isles fan and found myself rooting for Richter when he was Team USA's goalie, it's kinda gonna be the same thing for you.
Well you said "how can you not like the kid if your [sic] american", same thing in my book. And no, it's not going to be the same thing for me, like I said, I don't get nationalistic about these things, I'd rather see the athletes I like do well, regardless of where they're from.

Quote:
Dipietro's just misunderstood, he's actually a very likeable personality even Pang and Levy were saying the sport needs more personalities like his.
I don't know about the kid's personality, but I don't like hot-dogging goalies, and that's what I've seen out of this kid. Doesn't mean I don't respect his play, there are a couple other guys I could name who I think are obnoxious but awesome players, but I didn't care for some of his antics at our last game up on the Island, and if he was knocking into Khabi on purpose to attempt to send a "message", I don't like that either. Just my opinion from my limited observations. I don't recommend he tries that on John Grahame, however.

Khabi's played against the best, it takes a bit more than a little bump from some young pup to intimidate him. When asked about it, he basically laughed it off.

Edit: I am totally sorry I got into this discussion over something that's a non-issue, very stupid of me. I'm keeping my thoughts to myself from now on.

Last edited by Sotnos: 04-12-2004 at 01:12 AM.
Old
04-12-2004, 08:22 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
It's an attitude that says 22 yr old DiPietro,who entered the playoffs with a total of 15 mins of playoff experience and being called the isles biggest liability,is a competitive and determined young player.

Old
04-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value

Exactly, which is why we need more robots without personality to not answer questions or show an ounce of charisma in order to prove to many sportswriters that hockey players aren't brainless goons.

We also need to have less brash players in all the sports, like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Deion Sanders, Dennis Rodman, etc. Not like any of those players ever had an impact on their sport both on the court or off.

Next up:

1. No fighting.
2. No goal celebrations, removal of the red light.
3. No attendance.
4. Even more miniscule TV ratings.

Old
04-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Darth Milbury

My view: All this talk about Dipietro's "attitude" and nationality are silly. So what if he is American? What does that have to do with anything? And, if I was a Bolt fan, I wouldn't think twice about rooting for the Rick to fall on his face and that would make me no less patriotic. I wouldn't be upset if the 'Bulin Wall falls on his face, but that doens't make me Anti-Russian.

Likewise, all this nonsense about his '"attitude ruining the sport" is just sour grapes. What matters is what he actually does on the ice. I really couldn't give a hoot whether he is overly confident or not. File this as another entry in the "who cares" folder. The same Bolts fans who are complaining about his attitude would probably love him to death if he played for Tampa.

Now, on to the real stuff, tonight's game: Isles seem to have scored a major blow over the weekend, but it is would be a very serious mistake to count Tampa out. Tampa is still the much better team overall. I expect the Bolts to come out flying tonight. Should be a great game!

Old
04-12-2004, 02:21 PM
aucoin for norris*

i expect some khaaaaaaaaabbiiiiiiiii chants after he lets up a goal each time....just like in nashville....same thing we did against cujo and toronto....

sotnos you said i can do this on the playoff board!

Old
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
The same Bolts fans who are complaining about his attitude would probably love him to death if he played for Tampa.
I totally agree. And the same Islanders fans who are gloating about how he showed up Khabi would probably be throwing batteries and sharp metallic objects at him if he played for Tampa. With that said I don't think i'd be all that impressed if Ricky was on the Bolts and did what he did. It was very cheap and immature, any way you look at it IMO.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:14 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
I totally agree. And the same Islanders fans who are gloating about how he showed up Khabi would probably be throwing batteries and sharp metallic objects at him if he played for Tampa. With that said I don't think i'd be all that impressed if Ricky was on the Bolts and did what he did. It was very cheap and immature, any way you look at it IMO.
like the TB fan in game 2 that tossed the water bottle onto the ice, after the disallowed LeCavaliar goal

Did something happen to Khabby's legs that he was unable to step aside, when they were approaching each other and neither willing to moving to the side?

Old
04-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Did something happen to Khabby's legs that he was unable to step aside, when they were approaching each other and neither willing to moving to the side?
No, he just wasn't looking where he was going.

Closed Thread