HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 1/19 New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins 1pm MSG

Old
01-19-2008, 03:13 PM
TheMetalChick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
I think you have to start Lundqvist again.
Definitely.

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:13 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
1) The Rangers were listless from puck drop to Chara's GW blast. Terrible. Even Gomez's line had some serious lapses on D and in the neutral zone. Jagr continues to be lazy, aloof and picks his spots when he wants to turn it up a notch. However, even a solid team like Atlanta can get blown out of the water (like last night) and at least the rangers were able to steal a point.

2) The Rangers must have, correction, DO HAVE, the slowest collection of defensemen in the league. I know this isn't news, but it's so painful to see. Staal actually made some heady plays so you know he'll improve. Toots was God-awful and his anticipations the last 30 games have been wrong or inopportune 99 times out of 100.

3) So let me get this straight? Dubinsky gets a seat on the pine after taking or commiting a questionable penalty, but Hollweg gets more ice time the game following the EDM major penalty debacle.

4) Lundqvist....what can i say. I don't think he is as immortal as a lot of you are maming him out to be (Zeus????? Come on!). I will always defend him, but guys, you can't blame the D for every goal scored. The difference between Great goaltending and good goaltending is a Great goalie can basically tell his team 'hey guys, tonight, you can suck as much as you want. I will win this game for us tonight".

In 2005-06, the second half of last year, and the 1st half of this year, Lundy has been Great. Since the Carolina game in early December, he has been marginal at best. I would rest him and give Valliquette a shot. Even if they lose, there is still plenty of hockey left
2 of the 3 goals were not henriks fault. the 1st went off mara's skate and the third straka gomez and rozsival all watched kobasew strip henrik of the puck and jam at it twice. this team always leaves henrik wide open. nobody takes the body in front of the net or they just let players come down and shoot at will without touching them. no body is physical in our own zone and as a result henrik looks bad.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
That was one of the worst defensive efforts I've seen in years, and the continuing penalty after penalty, I'm in amazement this game made it to OT.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

we got only 1 point against the Boston Bruins farm team.

I dont know how anyone can still be holding their lunch down after this game.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Feel bad for Lundqvist. Has an amazing game but the team couldnt get it done for him.

Secondary scoring would be nice, but I guess its hard to get that when the 4th line is playing so much.
Yea. Lundy looked like he was going to save one for us.

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Don't know. I don't like the idea of Jagr being a shooter though,

Shanahan is the best one on the team with that quick release, but we don't have any danglers that would be good on shootouts (insert Nik Zherdev)
What? Jagr dangles guys like Zherdev in his back-pocket.

****, you're only talking about one of the most skilled players of all time. In the elite class, unlike Zherdev.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
pruuu

I honestly believe Lundqvist deserves to play for a better team. Our defense doesn't deserve him.

pruuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
That was one of the worst defensive efforts I've seen in years, and the continuing penalty after penalty, I'm in amazement this game made it to OT.
I agree with you. Bad penalties are killing them. Bad game for Mara. First Bruin goal went of his skate and he took the last penalty that tied the game. Jagr's penalty in OT was not smart either. Could have easily won this game. They better play better tomorrow.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Particularly the way the B's kept tearing through the neutral zone and blowing past the defensemen standing on the blueline.

At the risk of being branded a Malik hater, the Bruins really exploited his lack of mobility and speed with a vengeance today. Unfortunately, swapping him for the equally immobile Strudwick doesn't seem like a solution for tomorrow.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:22 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316 View Post
What? Jagr dangles guys like Zherdev in his back-pocket.

****, you're only talking about one of the most skilled players of all time. In the elite class, unlike Zherdev.
Although Niky Z is the exact type of puckhog, fancy, horrible defensive minded sniper this team needs. We just need one. This way he replaces a player who already plays bad defense, but gives us a much need cocky sniper.

Old
01-19-2008, 03:23 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Without Henrik there IS no shootout. I can't stand non hockey players like yourself who have no understanding about the game. Henrik WAS the game. The TEAM didint score **** in the shootout.

This forum is just ridiculous sometimes.
without Henrik this teams in the cellar, is their anyone who can debate it, doubt it

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:24 PM
pruuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I agree with you. Bad penalties are killing them. Bad game for Mara. First Bruin goal went of his skate and he took the last penalty that tied the game. Jagr's penalty in OT was not smart either. Could have easily won this game. They better play better tomorrow.
I agree, but they dont just have to play better tomorrow. They need to play better the rest of the season or else...I think we all can see the outcome. Loosing games like this. Especially to a team you could have possibly passed in the ranking is not something a " motivated good team" goes. We need some winnign streaks. We have barely won the last two months. By win I mean in regulation not some get one point bull.

Old
01-19-2008, 03:24 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Particularly the way the B's kept tearing through the neutral zone and blowing past the defensemen standing on the blueline.

At the risk of being branded a Malik hater, the Bruins really exploited his lack of mobility and speed with a vengeance today. Unfortunately, swapping him for the equally immobile Strudwick doesn't seem like a solution for tomorrow.
Yea, I was thinking they were setting up the attack pressure on his side of the ice an awful lot.

Old
01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruuu View Post
I agree, but they dont just have to play better tomorrow. They need to play better the rest of the season or else...I think we all can see the outcome. Loosing games like this. Especially to a team you could have possibly passed in the ranking is not something a " motivated good team" goes. We need some winnign streaks. We have barely won the last two months. By win I mean in regulation not some get one point bull.
i know...i wish it could happen overnight though, but of course it cant....we have to take it one game at a time and hope we make a slight move.

Seriously though...is there a reason why Baranka hasn't been given some time up here? I've watched him play quite a bit and he is ready. It cant be any worse, and maybe it could act like a showcase or we could judge if we need to make a move for a dman. I mean, look what happened with Girardi last year. He was given a shot...

Old
01-19-2008, 03:27 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

the things that annoyed me tonight.

1-losing against boston's ahl team.

2-the fact we were level with boston now 1 behind yet they still have 2 games on us.

3-the d just letting kobasew whack at the puck and no one touches him to help lundqvist after he made the saves.

4-players taking the same penalty's they do night after night. without any sign of punishment.

5-MAREK MALIK ha ha. seriously it would be better for him and the rangers if the parted ways.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
2 of the 3 goals were not henriks fault. the 1st went off mara's skate and the third straka gomez and rozsival all watched kobasew strip henrik of the puck and jam at it twice. this team always leaves henrik wide open. nobody takes the body in front of the net or they just let players come down and shoot at will without touching them. no body is physical in our own zone and as a result henrik looks bad.
only 2 of 3 weren't his fault? so the breakaway goal was his fault? i don't think breakaways are ever really the goalie's fault. he had to stop, what like 6 breakaways today before the shootout? our defense was terrible today, led by Cluster**** Malik.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
The team as a whole also looked a little nervous.. maybe that stupid Dad Day isn't a great idea after all??

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:29 PM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
the things that annoyed me tonight.

1-losing against boston's ahl team.

2-the fact we were level with boston now 1 behind yet they still have 2 games on us.

3-the d just letting kobasew whack at the puck and no one touches him to help lundqvist after he made the saves.

4-players taking the same penalty's they do night after night. without any sign of punishment.

5-MAREK MALIK ha ha. seriously it would be better for him and the rangers if the parted ways.

Yea...I once quit a job and told my boss the reason I was leaving was because there was no opportunity to succeed in this position

He really has no chance...

Old
01-19-2008, 03:31 PM
pruuu

yea, Malik needs to go. He just is not good. He was around the net/ on the ice for at least two of the goals. He is too slow to compete in the NHL. Watching him play reminds me of a young puppy who has not yet learned how to comprehend for his big paws. And for three million a year the doof should have learned how to play hockey already. I am willing to give anyone a chance becies him. Hell no one could possibly be worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVancouver'94 View Post
i know...i wish it could happen overnight though, but of course it cant....we have to take it one game at a time and hope we make a slight move.

Seriously though...is there a reason why Baranka hasn't been given some time up here? I've watched him play quite a bit and he is ready. It cant be any worse, and maybe it could act like a showcase or we could judge if we need to make a move for a dman. I mean, look what happened with Girardi last year. He was given a shot...

Old
01-19-2008, 03:32 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
without Henrik this teams in the cellar, is their anyone who can debate it, doubt it
Unfortunately Mess, we are in the cellar with him.

Thats the real sad part.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:36 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
only 2 of 3 weren't his fault? so the breakaway goal was his fault? i don't think breakaways are ever really the goalie's fault. he had to stop, what like 6 breakaways today before the shootout? our defense was terrible today, led by Cluster**** Malik.
i think any goalie including henrik would say that any shot from the knees should be stopped.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Unfortunately Mess, we are in the cellar with him.

Thats the real sad part.
I know what you mean, and its def. where we're headed with this play but we're still an above 500 team (what, 2 games, ha) but really without his play subtract 15 wins and add them to the loses.

Last edited by In The Flesh: 01-19-2008 at 03:48 PM.
In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the sad part is, 9 times out of 10, Shanny buries that OT chance he had, and we probably pick up 2 very undeserved points there.

i change my mind.

this is all shanny fault!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Tumsh

They should show the entire team some videos of Vancouver or Anaheim defending the crease...

Tumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 04:10 PM
eco's bones

Not a good effort. The Rangers were outworked in this one. Despite both being +1 I thought the defensive tandem of Roszival and Malik were especially bad. The team was not sharp with its passing especially coming out of their own end and did not sustain enough pressure in the Bruins end. Taking a shot at the officiating--I have seen the Dubinsky slashing penalty about three times which led to a Bruin pwp goal and am still wondering what exactly the referee was looking at. There seemed nothing extraordinary about his harassment of the Bruin puckhandler. The Jagr call in overtime was another where the referees missed the boat as it was clear to me anyway that Hnidy bumped him into Thomas and there wasn't much Jagr could have done to avoid it.

On a positive note Henrik did look very good today. He did not have much chance on any of the Bruin goals and made a number of excellent saves. In the shootout he got schooled by Kessel. That is one I think he'd like back. Also the Gomez-Jagr-Straka line put up some points--though a couple unfortunate giveaways particularly by Jagr were very ugly.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote