HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Ottawa = sore losers?

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
JnJosh

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JnJosh
Ottawa = sore losers?

I've been watching every playoff game I can. And of course, every leaf game.

Just an opinion thread, does it seem that whenever Toronto has a secure lead (even if that be 1-0) they (ottawa) start playing dirtier (and im sure they use soap ha..ha).

Example, after the second goal on Saturday i noticed alot more after whistle skuffles, involving the same sore losers. And even with 1.2 seconds left they had to pull someone's tail on the leaf team.

Another example, after Joe newi's goal, we got checked EVERY puck touch. When is this neccessary, and why bother putting yourself in the risk of getting a penalty when loosing. My mother who hates Scott Steven's because he's a big hitter, and she really knows nothing about hockey even said the amount of checking is unneeded.

I'm not trying to bash on them, but its my opinion, does anyone have an imput on this?

BTW, GO LEAFS GO

Old
04-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Actually I think it's more of an increase in intensity then it is a sign of sore losers.
Both games the Sens lost they went down quietly.
I won't mention Game 1 when the Leafs went down whining and complaining. I think in both cases for both teams is just a matter of intensity. I know I would be the same way as would many of us.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
04-12-2004, 10:10 PM
JnJosh

Well as much as you say this, i REALLY don't find it with any other team. Montreal didn't really do this kind of crap in its losses to Boston. Maybe its just me.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Actually I think it's more of an increase in intensity then it is a sign of sore losers.
I won't mention Game 1 when the Leafs went down whining and complaining. I think in both cases for both teams is just a matter of intensity. I know I would be the same way as would many of us.

Unbiased Canadian
You're half right, it was more increased intensity, however come the end of the game, they were taking shots at players, tripping them, hooking them, and interfering far more. As for the Leafs whining and complaining, which you supposedly "won't mention" I'd say alot of it was justified, but hey, if anyone should whine and complain, I guess it's not a team, or fans of the team, that are up 2-1 in a series, aint that right?

Old
04-12-2004, 10:25 PM
attis76

Quote:

Unbiased Canadian
================================================== ============

As much as you're an 'Unbiased Canadian'
You sure as hell are not biased with the Leafs!
I don't wanna put it another way...

Old
04-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Nielson81

I just didn't want the Sens to be portrayed as "Sore Losers" when clearly they aren't.

More Frustrated loses. I know if I fired over 60 shots at Belfour in two games and hadn't scored I would be a little mad too.

Quick question to you Leaf fans as I'm not super familar with Belfour's consistency. Can he continue to play this well or if the Sens bury one or two will he cool off a bit??

Unbiased Canadian

Old
04-12-2004, 10:33 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
I just didn't want the Sens to be portrayed as "Sore Losers" when clearly they aren't.

More Frustrated loses. I know if I fired over 60 shots at Belfour in two games and hadn't scored I would be a little mad too.

Quick question to you Leaf fans as I'm not super familar with Belfour's consistency. Can he continue to play this well or if the Sens bury one or two will he cool off a bit??

Unbiased Canadian
He's as consistent as they come.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Nielson81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
He's as consistent as they come.
Thanks for that answer, but I guess what I'm wondering is about his composure, if he lets in one bad goal, will he get rattled??

Old
04-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Thanks for that answer, but I guess what I'm wondering is about his composure, if he lets in one bad goal, will he get rattled??
Sometimes, Belfour's mental game can be really puzzling. Some goals seem to hurt his composure while others don't affect him in the least.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:41 PM
CanOpener=AssCheck

Send a message via ICQ to CanOpener=AssCheck Send a message via MSN to CanOpener=AssCheck
Just got back from the game!!!! GO LEAFS GO great to see a big win !!! but after the 2nd goal i got jumped by a druken sens fan and another guy from behind broke my flag .... anyways im not sayin all sens fans are a@@holes but some select fans are..... a few sens fans did come up to me to apoligize for the behaviour of the other 2 guys but im SO PISS#D right now its unbelieveable!! anyways last laugh is on them LEAFS WON !!! GO LEAFS GO.......

BWO FOREVER!!! GO LEAFS GO!!

Old
04-12-2004, 11:34 PM
saa25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOpener=AssCheck
Just got back from the game!!!! GO LEAFS GO great to see a big win !!! but after the 2nd goal i got jumped by a druken sens fan and another guy from behind broke my flag .... anyways im not sayin all sens fans are a@@holes but some select fans are..... a few sens fans did come up to me to apoligize for the behaviour of the other 2 guys but im SO PISS#D right now its unbelieveable!! anyways last laugh is on them LEAFS WON !!! GO LEAFS GO.......

BWO FOREVER!!! GO LEAFS GO!!
I think the Sens fans are just feeling the suffocating feeling of another playoff choke. How hard was it to get the tickets as a Leafs supporter?

Old
04-12-2004, 11:38 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
No, definately not.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:48 PM
saa25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
No, definately not.
I don't know about this. Eddie does have a history of having atrocious games, even in series where he otherwise dominates (i.e. game 1 of Dal-NJ, game 7 of Tor-Phi). It seems that when he does let in goals early, chances are good that it may snowball. He'll let in seven goals to Tampa then none to Buffalo and Ottawa. There is definitely a hot/cold to him, in my opinion...

Old
04-12-2004, 11:49 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

he could get tired and blow it in game 7 or something

Old
04-12-2004, 11:53 PM
saa25

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
he could get tired and blow it in game 7 or something
That's my concern. I didn't get to watch game 7 last season, but I've always wondered how much of the loss is attributable to Philly dominating rather than Eddie running out of gas. Again, I ought to have watched the game- it may have been evident...

Old
04-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Youreallygotme

It's official,

Leaf fans are obsessed with the senators.

All i know is that the writer of this thread is P!ssed that the senators player start to hit leaf players when they start losing. Wow. Nothing to say to that.

And about that guy that got attacked. That really is stupid. I dont know why anybody would do that, but it seems to happen in every arena across canada nowadays . Oh well at least it's not soccer(riots outside stadiums, people killing one another)

Senators in 7

Old
04-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Senators in 7
in your dreams!

Leafs in 6.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:17 AM
attis76

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks&flames
It's official,

All i know is that the writer of this thread is P!ssed that the senators player start to hit leaf players when they start losing. Wow. Nothing to say to that.

And about that guy that got attacked. That really is stupid. I dont know why anybody would do that, but it seems to happen in every arena across canada nowadays . Oh well at least it's not soccer(riots outside stadiums, people killing one another)

Senators in 7
================================================== ======

I think it's the other way around.
We are the ones they can't beat.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Christ

Quote:
It's official,

Umm, I think you are confused, Sens fans are obsessed with the Leafs. Win or loose this series the Leaf fans will completly ignore the Sens until the next game we play against them, I grant it that if the Sens somehow beat us, we will be grumbling for awhile first though. The Sens fans will continue to ridicule the Leafs and their fans long after this series is over. If they win they will gloat about it until the next time the Leafs beat them in the playoffs, if they loose they will come up with some excuses and try to convince anyone who will listen to them that the Leafs suck whenever the oppurtunity presents itself.

The Leafs are in the playoffs with one goal and that is to win the cup, anything less would be considered a dissapointment. The Sens fans would consider their season a success if they beat the leafs out in the playoffs even if they are swept in the next round.

To make it simple for you Leaf fans obsess over their current playoff opponent, while Sens fans obsess about beating the Leafs and little more.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:20 AM
saa25

Quote:
It's official,

Its official.

Canucks fans are obsessed with Leafs fans' purported obsession with the Senators.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:30 AM
JnJosh

About the Eddie question, and his consistancy. I think if you bank 1 good goal by him, he won't be as "hot" as he is. He will rely on defence. Because in all seriousness, as GOOD as the leafs are playing, Eddie can only do so much, he needs defence. 37 shots, that calls for some defence. Oh well, i guess the whole 60+ shots without a goal would be upsetting, still no reason to play as dirty as they do at points.

Christ put it nice and well. We want the cup, sens want us out. What seems like it will happen, at this point anyway. I just hope we ALL dont get too cocky. Sore losers DO win eventually.

Closed Thread