HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Wings @ Preds l Gm.3 l Preds 3-1 l Wings Lead 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 500
This was one of the games where simple mistakes cost the Wings the game. Hatchers turnover was brutal. Total brain fart. And to the Preds credit they took advantage of the Wings mistakes, thats what good teams do. Hopefully Dave Lewis keeps with the same D pairing as he did in the 3rd. Hatcher needs someone with speed like Dandenault with him.

Good game by the Preds, they might not have deserved to lose games 1 and 2. But they earned this one. Thats how the playoffs go.

Old
04-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Jarnberg

My first playoff game ever was the most fun I've ever had. Very exciting to see the boys win.

The Preds didn't play the best game, luckly for us the bounces went our way this game. Sometimes you win games you don't deserve and lose the ones you should. The first two games could have went either way, so luckly yesterday was different. Hopefully the team can feed of the win and get another one Tuesday to make things very interesting.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:28 AM
mattyc

G'day all. Just found the board today.

I'm a Nashville fan and just making the playoffs was a feat that we needed to achieve this year to prove we are on the right track. The win was a part of Preds history that will be remembered..

Our team is getting there. I doubt we'll win the series, but it's not out of the question, especially with Hall and Vokoun in form.

I'm stoked with the Preds.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie
I don't know what game or series your watching, but the wings look awful,nashville is so much faster, and the wings look tired and not interested in getting hit, that back to back scheduing really hurt the wings with their age factor.The wings are providing barely any forecheck and their defence is looking so slow.Lidsrom is having a quiet post season just like his regular season his standards anyway and what about shanahan, is he becoming a different player or what, even hatcher, i don't think he his 100% yet . I want the wings to win for my hockeypool but even if they get by nashville they will get their ***** kicked by colorado or dallas.I have to say though nashville is playing a great series ,with the talent and grit plus speed, it's nice to watch.........
Did you watch the first 18 minutes of the 1st period yesterday? Did you watch pretty much the entire 3rd period? The Wings had the Preds reeling pretty good for most of the 1st and 3rd periods. The shots were 42-21 and alot of the Wings chances were good chances. The Wings made some costly mistakes and couldnt bury their chances by Vokoun.

I dont think they look awful at all. I thought they looked worse in the home games.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:39 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
Did you watch the first 18 minutes of the 1st period yesterday? Did you watch pretty much the entire 3rd period? The Wings had the Preds reeling pretty good for most of the 1st and 3rd periods. The shots were 42-21 and alot of the Wings chances were good chances. The Wings made some costly mistakes and couldnt bury their chances by Vokoun.

I dont think they look awful at all. I thought they looked worse in the home games.
I wonder how many shots they got below the face off dots in the first two period? I know they got a ton a shots but they were dumping them in from center ice on net.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I wonder how many shots they got below the face off dots in the first two period? I know they got a ton a shots but they were dumping them in from center ice on net.
That is what I thought as well. A lot of their shots early came from the boards with very little traffic. Now in the 3rd it was a different story when they had everyone pinching.....plenty of traffic and some good shots. TV made great saves in the 3rd.

Although I agree with Higgy that was a better game from the Wings than the first two. Just the Preds finally capitalized on the breaks and the Wings didn't get a bounce this time.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I am not saying all their shots came from the slot area. But the play was in the Preds zone for long periods of time in the game. The Wings had good pressure going for alot of the game. Then they would do something dumb, and the Preds would jump all over them.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Interesting to hear the Predators have actually lead in 6 of the 9 periods played so far and have trailed for 2 periods, which makes being down 2-1 really bad.

Old
04-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

Quote:

This doesn't directly answer your question. But it's a neat little chart.

http://www.freep.com/pdf/2004/04/13/puck.pdf

Old
04-13-2004, 10:07 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
Yeah, I know. I am not saying all their shots came from the slot area. But the play was in the Preds zone for long periods of time in the game. The Wings had good pressure going for alot of the game. Then they would do something dumb, and the Preds would jump all over them.
capitilizing on mistakes, turnovers = the Pred's specialty.

Closed Thread