HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The OFFICIAL Aigles Bleus Thread

Old
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
On December 28 or 29...not sure exactly. It should be the first game of Strozynski, who should be back on the team for the first game of 2008. The Aigles Bleus really needs him...specially on the road, where they often having trouble.

Anyways, good first half for the team. They started kind of slow, but thing really turned around after that. The guys were so happy after the in in Fredericton...everyone was singing in the bus! Great team spirit out there.

They just need to be more consistent on the road, and play a more simple game when not in Moncton. If not, it might be hard in the playoffs.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Bernier26

I heard that the big defenseman that UNB promised after Christmas is not coming. The two candidates got pro contracts. That leaves UNB with only 6 defenseman. Moncton has like 9 with the possibility of Vienneau joining . Can any UNB fans confirm or deny this?

Also, Pierre-André LeBlanc will not be coming after Christmas because he hasn't completed enough courses to be elligible for his MBA. What's the info on the former Beaver who been practicing with Moncton for the past months?

Bernier26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Alpine

Remi Gautreau has played 7 games with Aigles so far this year and 30 games with the Beavers. He is currently 2nd in MJAHL points race 22 g 25 asst 47 points and 135 minutes in penalties. No points and 2 minutes in penalties with Aigles. He's a 3rd year student at UdeM.
Is this who you mean? Poulin with the Beavers is also a student at UdeM. He's a former 5th overall pick in the Q draft.
EDIT:
Gautreau is currenty on a 2 game suspension in the MJ for 2 fights in the same stoppage of play. I also forgot Antonio Mekary he played varisity soccer with Aigles this season. He was even AUS Player of the Week once too. Former players I can't think of any from last season maybe two seasons ago............but I draw a blank.
I hear there's a former Wildcat ready to make his comeback

Last edited by Alpine: 12-12-2007 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Cuz I can
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

I don't know if you guys saw Charles Bergeron play, but he's awesome. I think he'll be a fan favorite within no time. He's just hitting everyone on the ice, and he can chip in offensively!

Old
12-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Bernier26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Remi Gautreau has played 7 games with Aigles so far this year and 30 games with the Beavers. He is currently 2nd in MJAHL points race 22 g 25 asst 47 points and 135 minutes in penalties. No points and 2 minutes in penalties with Aigles. He's a 3rd year student at UdeM.
Is this who you mean? Poulin with the Beavers is also a student at UdeM. He's a former 5th overall pick in the Q draft.
EDIT:
Gautreau is currenty on a 2 game suspension in the MJ for 2 fights in the same stoppage of play. I also forgot Antonio Mekary he played varisity soccer with Aigles this season. He was even AUS Player of the Week once too. Former players I can't think of any from last season maybe two seasons ago............but I draw a blank.
I hear there's a former Wildcat ready to make his comeback
Thanks for the great info! I was talking about Michel Losier and should have been more specific. In an article about him, he played for the Beavers from 2003 to 2006 where he scored 129 points in 126 games. He also got 233 PIM and is 6'2". He stopped playing hockey for a while to concentrate on his university studies. He wants to play now and is in a tryout period with les Aigles. Mongrain's comments make it sound like he has a spot on this team if he's willing to work for it.

All this Beavers talk has a pretty good topic going on, who could potentialy play for Moncton down the road? Gautreau seems to have strong hockey sense and will surely play for Moncton in the next years. Poulin seems to be a real darkhorse candidate to make the team but you never know. Mekary is an interesting player. He is obviously a highly talented athlete but he might have some discipline problem. He was the captain and star of the Mathieu-Martin highschool team but was often benched or in the penalty box. He really lacked disciplined. He got offered a scholarship from a Montreal university to play soccer (his most dominant sport). He left that university in his first year and came to UdeM. One of the reasons was that he could play for les Aigles and the Beavers. He is one of UdeM's men soccer team's most dominant player. Has he solved his discipline problems? It looks like it from his strong performance. How has he played for the Beavers? Could you give us a mini-report on those players or any other players who you think could play for Moncton?

If you're talking about the former Wildcats captain, he is unlikely to leave the ECHL.

Old
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Alpine

Former Wildcat............Strozynski (sp)............
I meant.
Poulin I think will make it, he's a 19 so he has another Jr A year yet. I believe his confidence has returned since not either performing up to par or getting caught in the numbers game with the Fog Devils. But he's performed well this year and was last weeks MJAHL Offensive Player of the Week. Truthfully IMHO Poulun has been a pleasant addition to the Beavs since he joined at the Christmas break last season. Mekary is also only a 19 and shows flashes of brilliance and is a hard worker his feet (soccer pun) never stop moving. I thought Mekary played ACAA soccer last year with Universite Sainte-Anne Dragons and played NS Jr League hockey with Clare Lions and transfered to UdeM at Christmas and finished last year with Dieppe Voyageurs of the NB Jr League. But I've been wrong before and I'm sure I'll be wrong again.
Of the 20's though and really those are the ones that'll show up next year with les Aigles Gautreau I think is a lock. Other 20's most likely to show up with other AUS teams would be Burns and Lockyer both are now 3rd year students at MTA. Unfortunately I don't think former Drummondville Volts tough guy Garland will make the jump. but you never know. He's here and not in the low minor-pros after a Q career. Roy has only recently joined the Beavs (trade from Amherst Ramblers) and I don't know enough about him. I'm assumimg he's attending UdeM as I can't see why else a Quebec native would be playing Jr A in Amherst or Moncton as a 20.
Nothing confirmed on recently traded Rinzler to Pictou County Crushers but I think he'll show up with X next year. I heard an unconfirmed rumour that he's in the midst of transferinng from MTA to StFX?
That covers this years 20's with Beavers and a couple of 19's
I return you now to regular Aigles Bleus talk

Last edited by Alpine: 12-13-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old
12-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernier26 View Post
I heard that the big defenseman that UNB promised after Christmas is not coming. The two candidates got pro contracts. That leaves UNB with only 6 defenseman. Moncton has like 9 with the possibility of Vienneau joining . Can any UNB fans confirm or deny this?
Yes. They will not be getting a new defenceman after Christmas. They are expected one new forward but I believe that is it.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 06:56 AM
cishockeyfan

I have not heard any confirmation myself whether UNB will get a new Defenseman after Xmas. This is their teams biggest weak spot, the 6 they have are fine, but depth wise its not good.

Im surprised to hear they may be adding another forward where they seemed to be overstocked. Before Xmas they were already sitting a decent forward or two, cause they have so many, thats with Rob Pearce being injured the entire first half, and John Scott Dickson missing 6 games.

Alex Aldred who was captain of the Seattle Thunderbirds last year, is also a forward, but has played defence this season, and quite frankly he has been terrible back there, hes too soft, and hasn't done anything offensively. so really theres yet another forward and one less defenceman

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Alpine

I'll never doubt the info others (don't trust mine ) post regarding Aigles again.
Strozynski will be back soon as will Gilbert and Losier 3 years Beavers ending in 2005-06 is skating with the team.
Confirmation Times & Transcript.
http://timestranscript.canadaeast.co...article/169341
I'll be at the Cats game tonight but if anyone goes to the game against UPEI in St-Ansleme please post a re-cap.

Old
01-10-2008, 07:27 AM
cishockeyfan

UNB vs Moncton Jan 9th at Fredericton

Its a good thing the Ref was on Monctons Side for their Game againts UNB January 9th (Moncton 9 power plays) to only 4 for UNB, Including the 5 on 3 Moncton scored on, or this game would have gotten out of hand, as UNB still easily defeated Moncton 6-2

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 09:38 AM
BlueEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cishockeyfan View Post
Its a good thing the Ref was on Monctons Side for their Game againts UNB January 9th (Moncton 9 power plays) to only 4 for UNB, Including the 5 on 3 Moncton scored on, or this game would have gotten out of hand, as UNB still easily defeated Moncton 6-2
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm prrrettty sure Moncton won the previous 2 battles against UNB.

Wed. November 21st UNB 4 Moncton 5 (OT/SO)
Fri. November 30th Moncton 5 UNB 3
Wed. January 9th Moncton 2 UNB 6

Even though I wasn't at the last UNB-Moncton game,from what I've seen, UNB did not completely dominate UdeM this year up until the last game.

BlueEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Alpine

Wow, too bad Aigles can't play more games at the Coliseum 4,100 plus
Trudel can dangle can't he.......inside, outside, inside bye-bye D and GOAL!
STU I think will have a say come playoff time.
Just amazing to me how many players on the ice tonight came through Moncton Junior ranks. Between the Cats and the Beavers I think I counted at least 7 or 8.
Good win for the Aigles......get back on track eh!

Old
01-13-2008, 11:56 AM
BlueEagle

Great game! more attendance yesterday than for the last wildcats game I went to. I really like Aigles bleu games at the coliseum, too bad they can't arrange something so that they can play there on a regular basis.

Old
01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Crucial game tommorow against Saint-Mary's. If Moncton lose, they can say goodbuye to the second place, and a pass to go in semi-finals. The good news is that Moncton is 8-0 at home...

Anyways, I< wondering how they wil end the year, because so far in 2008, there's a lot of up and down.

Old
01-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Well, that's it...it's over for the Aigles Bleus, they won't be able to get the second place. Two bad games this weekend. They have to become better, and soon because they won't go far in the playoffs...

Old
01-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Well, that's it...it's over for the Aigles Bleus, they won't be able to get the second place. Two bad games this weekend. They have to become better, and soon because they won't go far in the playoffs...
There's something wrong with the chemistry of this team. Just not a team, no focal point. Skilled enough but no togetherness. Just haven't gelled as a team. An intangible.
If they don't come together as a team............they are going no where.

Old
01-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
There's something wrong with the chemistry of this team. Just not a team, no focal point. Skilled enough but no togetherness. Just haven't gelled as a team. An intangible.
If they don't come together as a team............they are going no where.
Exactly. There's only the first line that is real out there.

Many players needs to think about their play, and change it.

Mandeville isn't the shadow of last year. He's not that good offensively (always shooting on the feet of other players ala Craig Rivet), and he can't keep his focus for the whole game.

Robillard thought he was more of a scorer when he scored his 10th goal so he wouldn't have to use his size to hit opponents.

McLean and Gilbert aren't physical enough for what they showed us last year.

Anyways, the list goes on. There's only two players who are hitting a lot, and it's Bergeron and Laplante. Everybod needs to do more right now, because an elimination in the first round isn't out of the question.

As for the indiscipline, the players don't seem to have a clue of what is going on. They are gonna get dominated at the championship...it's not gonna be easy to watch...

Old
01-21-2008, 05:39 PM
kexodusc

I think you guys are being really hard on them. Last year Moncton had arguably three "first lines" on offence that possessed the puck most of the time. This year they have 1st line, 2nd line, and 3rd line quality forwards again like most teams. The result last year was that the tremendous talent was matched up against other teams 2nd and 3rd lines for 30 + minutes per game. It drew a ton of penalties, and scored a lot of goals. You couldn't stop them. This year teams are able match lines again and it's not one-sided. The puck isn't in the other team's end for 3/4 of the game this year. They were outshot, what? Twice all of last season? Not this year...now there's far more scoring chances against. That's University hockey - players leave and fortunes change fast.

Remember, last year only UNB, and occasionally ST FX could skate with or contain them.

IMO, Moncton looks exactly like a team that lost Busque, Fournier, Toner (the real MVP last year IMO) , JF Laplante etc, and replaced them with solid rookies, but rookies nonetheless. Those now-departed players made everyone around them better, too. They're feeling the effects of that. That loss of depth would be impossible for any team to overcome in an off season unless you signed a lot of pros or something.

UdeM's goaltending was, and is solid, above average, but not exceptional. They're not single handedly going to win most games for the team like Davis is doing for STU somehow this year. They're job is to keep them in it. They're doing that.

They're just going to have to grind out their wins. In the meantime, the new recruits are getting valuable ice time and should continue to improve next year, and after. This has been Acadia's model for some time now, and pays off in the long-run. And they're still good enough to beat any team on any given night.
Moncton's doing a good job with what they and the experienced players they still have will pay dividends in the playoffs against whoever they face. I think they would beat SMU in a playoff battle. I'm not convinced SMU can raise their play that extra step when the games mean something.

They'll be fine.

kexodusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
BlueEagle

What the hell happened in the crowd at yesterdays game!! I wasn't there but I heard a little about it....

details anyone?

Old
01-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Bernier26

Game at UPEI

After UPEI felt like they got robbed Wednesday with 4 disallowed goals (how can hitting the crossbar be considered a disallowed goal???), we knew that the reffing Friday night was going to be horrible. UPEI got 4 disallowed goals so UdeM got 4 game misconducts in a span of 20 minutes. The game was 3-2 after the first, with Mandeville scoring twice. Then Therrien (Hit from behind), Laplante (Hit to the head), Mandeville (Hit from behind) and Trudel (Hit from behind). Les Aigles apperntly played really well but being short 4 men was too much to overcome. Did Moncton ever get good reffing at PEI? And the CIS rule that a hit from behind is an automatic game misconduct should be modified. Teams with "gamesmanship" like UNB abuse this rule. Because of it, players actually turn their backs before a hit. Players could get seriously hurt.

Moncton overall play hasn't been that bad. They are where they should be in the standings but one thing that really bothers me is that this is the least energized Aigles Bleus team I have seen in years. I would love for us to go into the Nationals with the Acadien spirit. Not the most skilled team but a hard working, hard hitting underdog team that has the most heart. Sadly Moncton is just a average team playing with average heart. But we still have plenty of time to change that...

BTW, I love Moncton's new intro song "La Maudite Guerre". It really gets me pumped.

Old
01-26-2008, 05:31 PM
BlueEagle

Quote:
BTW, I love Moncton's new intro song "La Maudite Guerre". It really gets me pumped.
+1

Old
02-02-2008, 10:18 AM
BlueEagle

What was the final score of yesterdays game?? we left after during the 2nd intermission. It was pretty disgusting to watch, seemed like they didn't show up and that they took Acadia lightly.

Old
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
BlueEagle

After friday's Horrible game (well the first 2 periods). Les Aigles dominated Dal 9-2. Dal seemed to really be outclassed out there, not that the aigles where super, but it looked like boys playing amongst men. Maybe the 7 minute Moncton powerplay made it seem worst than it actually was.

Is it just me or has this board become pretty silent these days?? Is it that we aren't feeling les aigles?? I know that this year I am alot less into the games, last year really set the bar high as to what to expect from a University hockey team. I can't blame the team because they can't live up to last year's team, we did lose big pieces.

Old
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Bernier26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
After friday's Horrible game (well the first 2 periods). Les Aigles dominated Dal 9-2. Dal seemed to really be outclassed out there, not that the aigles where super, but it looked like boys playing amongst men. Maybe the 7 minute Moncton powerplay made it seem worst than it actually was.

Is it just me or has this board become pretty silent these days?? Is it that we aren't feeling les aigles?? I know that this year I am alot less into the games, last year really set the bar high as to what to expect from a University hockey team. I can't blame the team because they can't live up to last year's team, we did lose big pieces.
Friday night's game was one of the worst effort I've seen from an Aigles Bleus team in years. The wingers didn't want the puck and didn't move their feet. The defence had very little options. Lafrance was average but he could (should IMO) have won the game by himself. Robillard, Mandeville, Doucet and Trudel all played lazy. McLean was our MVP IMO, played really physical and pretty much caused our first goal.

Saturday was average. No real suprise about the score. Players where skating harder (hopefully not because it was a blowout) and we finaly got secondary scoring.

Billy Bezeau had a hairline fracture in his hand/wrist/arm last year and found out that it didn't heal properly. He has a soft cast and should return in 4 to 6 weeks. Not a huge loss but some dept is gone.

I still believe that UdeM has a shot at the University cup. Let's make a list of key factors:

-Laplante plays like he did last year on the top line. He is showing improvements but we need him to be that physical 3rd line center that can crash the net and chip in offense.
-Robillard needs to start skating and be the goal scoring powerforward from the first half who scored at a goal per game pace.
-The Mandeville/Trudel duo need to step up completely and play like the best offensive pairing in Canada (a clear possibility)
-Doucet needs to be more consistant
-McLean needs to be more disciplined after the whistle
-Bergeron needs to stop handling the puck like a grenade
-The fourth line should actually bring something to the game (7th defensman, enforcer, energy, crashing the net...)

Feel free to add some to this list

What lines would you guys want for the Nationals? Mine:
Laprise-Bureau-Bétournay
Robillard-Doucet-Girard
Strozynski-Laplante-Robichaud
Bergeron-Sonier-Berubé

Brideau-Melanson
Mandeville-Trudel
McLean-Gilbert

Lafrance
Lachance

Anyone else think that Melanson is an absolute beast this year? Him and Brideau should be our top pairing that can do it all.

Old
02-04-2008, 10:18 PM
BlueEagle

Quote:
Anyone else think that Melanson is an absolute beast this year? Him and Brideau should be our top pairing that can do it all.
I absolutely agree about Melanson! He really seemed to step it up this year, he looks amazing out there. He stays composed with the puck,makes good first passes. I was just thinking about this last game and its amazing how he's grown since last year.

Mandeville and Trudel Definitely need to pull it together if we want a national championship in Moncton. They looked nowhere near what they where last year or at the beginning of this year.

Girard needs to pull it together also. It seems that this year he often loses the puck, or get manhandled (We can blame his size but it didn't happen as often last year imo). This year he almost looks like a liability out there.

For the lines I'd like at the tourney, move up Strozinsky to the 2nd line and I'm happy. I know he's going to get better,and he will find his groove just in time for the Nationals ( I hope this is not just wishful thinking )