HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Way to go Blackhawks...

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Rooselk

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Rooselk
Nothing against Pittsburg, but the Portland Penquins sounds find to me. The Rose Garden is a nice arena.

Old
04-09-2004, 01:39 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Why wouldn't they be allowed to buy it?

Because Lemieux wants to keep them in Pittsburgh, right? Right??
exactly. lemieux gets to choose who he sells the team to. he wont sell the team to anyone who would move the team. noone is stupid enough to keep the team in pittsburgh, so the team in unsellable. Some people just never learn....

Old
04-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Rabid Ranger
Drifter

Aside from Ruutu, are there any other Hawks playing in the WC's? I was wondering if Berard or Arnason might play for the U.S.

Old
04-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad
He would have and he will. I think the hawks are just testing Finns and seeing if they could have gotten away with it, but since Ruutu wants to play and Hawks have to let him, there should be no case here. They just checked if Finland would mind, now that they mind, things change.

Idiot move from hawks though. Ruutu could be their big thing for next 10 years, or he could be out of there right when the contract ends if this disrespecting does not end. Finns are patriotic, have some respect for that.
He can always hold out and ask for a trade.

But I do understand Chicago's perspective. Think of him as an investment. If he reinjures his shoulder and/or doesn't get enough rest this offseason, then he hurts the team next season. The Hawks are better w/ him in the lineup. Having said that, it is his decision.

However, I don't think the Hawks have handled this very well. Quiet, closed door meeting w/ Ruutu and a discussion w/ the Finn federation would have been better and less apt for media attention. Negative press isn't a good thing, especially w/ the current image of the Hawks (worst sports franchise ).

Old
04-09-2004, 10:00 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
exactly. lemieux gets to choose who he sells the team to. he wont sell the team to anyone who would move the team. noone is stupid enough to keep the team in pittsburgh, so the team in unsellable. Some people just never learn....
you mean someone like Mark Cuban who tried to buy a part of the team from investors? the guy has pretty deep pockets and being from Pittsburgh he wanted to keep the team their. however, the invesors didnt like some of his clauses and they declined his bid. but you knew this already cause you pay attention to the Pittsvurgh local media like the pens fans do right?

so you're right, some people never learn, in this case, that you're wrong.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:52 AM
stardog

Quote:
no buyer with the intention of moving the team will be allowed to buy it. Nobody would buy the team and keep it in Pittsburgh. Hergo, nobody in their right mind will touch the team.
Way to backtrack yet again! I applaud you! You sir, have turned it into an art.

Old
04-11-2004, 07:54 AM
stardog

Quote:
I believe that is the only thing you have ever said that I agree with. But it is nice to see that you are FINALY owning up to your mistakes!
It took you awhile, but you came around Fish

Old
04-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Could the mods please move this s*** about Pittsburgh and Lemioux to another thread. This one was suppose to be about Blackhawks screwing their player and the Finnish hockey fans.

Back on topic, Ruutu's agent claimed in a Finnish paper that Ruutu's had several minor injuries which will need to heal. But Ruutu himself said on Finnish channel Nelonen's sports news that he wants to play at the Worlds and he doesn't have any injuries which would prevent playing.

Old
04-13-2004, 02:42 PM
RI Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Only fans can help themselves....Have you seen Fleet Center this year(and last)..It looked very empty to me.

We've never seen Jacobs in the Fleet during the game etc. Now he is everywhere giving interviews..even trying to improve team. He also promised that tix prices won't go up.

Everybody kept laughing at our support but we WERE glued to our TVs at home...just didn't want to make Jacobs richer without spending on the team.

We'll see what happens this summer though.
Jacobs did an interview during the first game of the year on ESPN. Since then he has been absent. Since I get to see all the Bruins games, I know they rarely play in an arena that is near full. In fact they lied about some games because in one game it was announced that there were 15,000 in attendance and Andy Brickley said "Wow. Where do they see the extra 6,000 that I can't see from up here?"

Old
04-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
How can the Blackhawks survive?

Wirtz must be losing money, and no player in the right mind would want to play for that management group. Sutter is their only saving grace IMO

He blacks out home games for gods sake, how can the NHL let this stuff fly?
The Blackhawks' TV policy is of the longest ongoing jokes in all of sports. Although we've had our complaints about the Bruins in the past(not this year since the front office did its job well), at least the Boston hockey coverage on TV and in print is first-rate. Even the NCAA hockey tournament games were getting 7-8 pages during the last few weekends. The Bruins routinely trounce the Celtics in the ratings.

http://sports.bostonherald.com/colle...?articleid=806

Closed Thread