HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

So much talent, So little passion!

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
So much talent, So little passion!

Anybody watchin the Islanders not been impressed with Lecavalier. I have watched him for 8 years, and this is some of the worst I have ever seen. I mean how can you be on fire from December to the begining of the playoffs, playing with so much passion and with all the talent come up lame in the playoffs. If he were giving a 100% it would be a different story. But he is floating around, not showing much hart and he is not showing that he knows the importance of the stage he is on? He is my fav player and I don't remember to many times where he has played this badly. Any observations?

Old
04-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Knucklez

Haven't really noticed him, which is a bad thing.

I'm thinking the same about Joe Thornton right now. Big Joe is the kind of player who should own the playoffs, his style of play is suited to them. Yet he hasn't had any playoff success at all. I know he's hurt, but he's the Captain, he's gotta step it up.

Sorry for hijacking the thread kinda. Back to Lecavelier.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
hell, as long as they are winning id be happy

Old
04-12-2004, 11:49 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklez
Haven't really noticed him, which is a bad thing.

I'm thinking the same about Joe Thornton right now. Big Joe is the kind of player who should own the playoffs, his style of play is suited to them. Yet he hasn't had any playoff success at all. I know he's hurt, but he's the Captain, he's gotta step it up.

Sorry for hijacking the thread kinda. Back to Lecavelier.
Thornton also has a rib injury. I don't think Lecavalier does.
That said, most of the mighty Lightning forwards haven't done a whole lot this series. I think St. Louis just scored his first goal(and second into the empty net) while Stillman and Richards have yet to tally on the scoresheet. So it's not just Lecavalier, all the scoring forwards on T-Bay haven't really stepped it up yet. Which is scary for the Isles considering they're down 2-1.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_TheGreat
Anybody watchin the Islanders not been impressed with Lecavalier. I have watched him for 8 years, and this is some of the worst I have ever seen. I mean how can you be on fire from December to the begining of the playoffs, playing with so much passion and with all the talent come up lame in the playoffs. If he were giving a 100% it would be a different story. But he is floating around, not showing much hart and he is not showing that he knows the importance of the stage he is on? He is my fav player and I don't remember to many times where he has played this badly. Any observations?
You're telling me you've been watching the Bolts games instead of the Leafs games?

And, like blu3shirt says, they're winning, so I'm happy, not going to jump all over Vinny for not getting a point yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
I think St. Louis just scored his first goal(and second into the empty net) while Stillman and Richards have yet to tally on the scoresheet.
Richards got 3 points tonight, 1G2A.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Jacob

This series is the most boring one ever.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:42 AM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
[QUOTE=Sotnos]You're telling me you've been watching the Bolts games instead of the Leafs games?

No, I watched all the Leaf games and watched Game 3 of the Lightning on tape. Game 2 for the lightning was on before the leafs.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:13 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

it's sort of funny, but it must be something in the water at the time of the 98 draft, because legwand has the same problem. when he's putting himself into the game...he can be almost unstoppable. he can create plays, backcheck like a maniac, and score timely goals...however...if he's NOT in the game...he's just...out there...floating...and losing the puck. it's frustrating, and a lot of nashville fans are fed up. me personally...i think he has waaaay too much talent to "give up" on him, and i think he just needs to be motivated. i will say that in the playoffs he's been everywhere and playing his heart out, and was that way over the last part of the season. shrug. i did expect lecavalier to be more of a force in this series, and i still think he will...but..like i said...as a preds fan...i know what you're going through in wanting more.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:28 AM
GoBolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73
So it's not just Lecavalier, all the scoring forwards on T-Bay haven't really stepped it up yet.
In addition to Sotnos pointing out Richards' 3 pts. in last night's game, Modin had two goals in Game One. I guess if you look only at game two (when the Lightning were shut out), then yes, none of their scoring forwards are stepping up.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Everyone was saying that this was going to be a wide open very exciting series. Van/Cgy has been pretty good from what I have watched of it. Det/Nsh too but that is probably because of what I have "invested" in that series.

Old
04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
ikovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2

i second that.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Everyone was saying that this was going to be a wide open very exciting series.
Who said that???

Put it this way, if I wasn't a Bolts fan, I'd be watching either Philly/NJ or Tor/Ott. This is only interesting to me because it's my team playing.

Old
04-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Harold Snepsts

Oh sorry. By the name of this thread, I assumed it was about Sergei Fedorov.

My bad.

Old
04-13-2004, 02:38 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts
In addition to Sotnos pointing out Richards' 3 pts. in last night's game, Modin had two goals in Game One. I guess if you look only at game two (when the Lightning were shut out), then yes, none of their scoring forwards are stepping up.
I posted before I saw game 3 highlights, so technically, it didn't look as if the Lightning forwards were playing well. But hey, glad to see they are now.

Old
04-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Wild guess here is that those finding this series "boring" are fans of teams who are not in the playoffs. Predictable lament of fans "on the outside looking in".

As for VL: only one thing that is certain . If TB has asprations of having a long playoff run, sooner or later he'll have to step up. They could get past this series with him being a non-factor, but his play will have to have an impact for them to succeed.

Your best players must be factors come playoff time.

Old
04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Slats432

Since I only saw game two and highlights I can only comment on the cursory. I think that neither of these teams are showing anywhere near the intensity required to move past the next round.

Of the 8 teams in the East, these two look the most lethargic and unless their intensity level increases, the consolation prize will be to be knocked out in the 2nd round.

Closed Thread