HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Örebro HK

Old
12-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Damn! Shawn Snider had 5 points (3+2) last night in another blow out.
I'm not sure if Orebro is good enough for Allsvenskan, but they really need to consolidate the Div 1's to get more competitive games.

Boredom alone will prevent these "top division 1 clubs" to build, develop and prepare their players for Allsvenskan.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Boredom alone will prevent these "top division 1 clubs" to build, develop and prepare their players for Allsvenskan.
if you take a look at all division 1 groups, you will find around 10-15 teams who are dominating the rest. so it would be a good idea to build a new league between allsvenskan and division 1 with all those teams. three leagues and the more regional division 1, that would make sense in my opinion. every year since i follow D1 it's the same, so this is a trend.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Tomas W

I doubt many div 1 teams would afford an "all sweden" league, they need to be regional. Maybe there is room to slim down on participating teams in the div 1, to get rid of the garbage (relegate them to the even more local div 2). It's never good if the differense in quality of the bottom teams and the top teams is too big.

Though maybe a two region league could be made, "North" and "South" div 1. With like 8 teams each.

Tomas W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
zecke26

riku rahikainen's stint with ÖHK is over:

Det blev inte mer än fem matcher för Riku Rahikainen. Örebro Hockey tog idag beslutet att skicka hem den finske forwarden. Därmed fortsätter jakten på en ny forward.

- Riku har inte lyckats med den sportsliga biten, säger Örebros tränare Hasse Hansson. Jag vill framhålla att det är en toppenkille privat och han har varit träningsvillig. Men det lyckades inte hos oss. Jag önskar honom lycka till.

farewell riku, we hardly knew you.

Old
12-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
I doubt many div 1 teams would afford an "all sweden" league, they need to be regional. Maybe there is room to slim down on participating teams in the div 1, to get rid of the garbage (relegate them to the even more local div 2). It's never good if the differense in quality of the bottom teams and the top teams is too big.

Though maybe a two region league could be made, "North" and "South" div 1. With like 8 teams each.
Or at least three divisions. I understand that the origianl idea was to provide the Div 1 teams financial relief in terms of travel schedules and so on, but the problem now seems to be that if they want to challenge and have a chance to compete in Allsvenskan, they have to overpay for talent just to get them to come and play... or maybe that's just Orebro.

Old
12-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
riku rahikainen's stint with ÖHK is over:

Det blev inte mer än fem matcher för Riku Rahikainen. Örebro Hockey tog idag beslutet att skicka hem den finske forwarden. Därmed fortsätter jakten på en ny forward.

- Riku har inte lyckats med den sportsliga biten, säger Örebros tränare Hasse Hansson. Jag vill framhålla att det är en toppenkille privat och han har varit träningsvillig. Men det lyckades inte hos oss. Jag önskar honom lycka till.

farewell riku, we hardly knew you.
In NA today they wrote:

Finske Rahikainen skickas hem från Örebro Hockey
SPORT/ISHOCKEY/ÖREBRO Publicerad: 2007-12-11 06:00

Fem matcher – fler blev det inte för finländaren Riku Rahikainen i Örebro Hockey.
I går skickades han hem.
– Han räckte inte till helt enkelt, säger tränaren Hasse Hansson.

Riku Rahikainen.
ARKIVBILD:ROBERT JOHANSSON
Riku Rahikainen, med meriter från högsta ligan i Finland, kom till Örebro den 27 november. Ambitionen var att stanna hela säsongen och hjälpa Örebro Hockey till allsvenskan.
Två veckor senare satt 26-åringen på planet hem till familjen i Vantaa utanför Helsingfors.
– Riku är en jättebra kille, träningsvillig, men han lyckades inte sportsligt. Det är lättare att säga upp ett rövhål än en bra kille, säger Hasse Hansson som lider med finländaren.
– Samtidigt måste den sportsliga delen överväga. Och det var mitt beslut i slutändan.
Finländaren spelade fem matcher och svarade bland annat för två målgivande passningar i sin debutmatch borta mot Ulricehamn. Men så värst mycket mer lyckades han inte prestera.
– Det blir så ibland. Kanske var det så att Riku var mer anpassad för finsk ishockey, med mindre rinkar och kortare spelvägar, funderar Hasse Hansson.
Örebro Hockey letar nu en ny forward för att fylla ut truppen.

Old
12-20-2007, 04:16 AM
zecke26

what's up with OHK?

they lost the last two games.

Örebro HK - Skövde IK 2 - 4 ( 0-4, 0-0, 2-0 )
Sunne IK - Örebro HK 4 - 2 ( 3-0, 1-0, 0-2 )

interesting note is that they start very slow. down by 4 after two periods in both games and not able to turn it around in the 3rd. and i think in both games loden was the starter and pulled after the 1st.
but mariestad is losing two, so OHK is staying on top without any problem.

looks like OHK is interesting in signing gordie dwyer again. he was very good last season, so i think it would be a good signing. he's good enough for division I.

Old
12-29-2007, 02:42 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

Shawn Snider

Shawn Snider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any background on this guy?
He is currently doing really well in Orebro, a third tier team in Sweden, with 8 consecutive games of scoring.
I did a little research on him, and found out that he played in the UHL and the ECHL after his college years at St. Francis.
Any background/insight on what to expect from this guy in the future would be greatly appreciated. If you want to post your info in English over on http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=439373 , the official Orebro thread, it would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

Here's a little info on Shawn. I grew up with him in Fergus, Ontario, playing hockey with him from the age of nine. After Shawn broke basically every scoring record in our hometown, he went on to play at the higher levels of youth hockey in Ontario. Drafted in the 5th round of the Ontario Hockey League draft to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, Shawn made the team right after the draft. After one season in the Sault, Shawn was traded in his second season to the Owen Sound Platers (later Attack). In his third season, Shawn broke out with a 76 point season in 61 games to lead Owen Sound in Scoring. In his fourth and final season in the OHL, Shwan had 14 points in 11 games for a bad Owen Sound team when he was traded to the Sudbury Wolves where he registerered 45 points in 46 games and lead the team in scoring despite missing roughly a month with a broken collarbone.

After finishing his OHL career Shawn had numerous offers to play professional hockey in the US but decided to got to Canadian University Hockey powerhouse St. Francis Xavier where he played for three seasons winning a National Championship and playing in another while playing with numerous future NHL players. After finishing university, Shawn played for the expansion Phoenix Roadrunners of the ECHL where he recorded 26 points in 70 games, good enough for third on the team in scoring and was Phoenix's representative at the ECHL All-Star game. After playing last season in the UHL closer to home, Shawn apparently is playing in Sweden this year which is great. Shawn is a player who can multiple roles on a team but has amazing hands and a mind for the game that allows him to be a dominant offensive player. The only thing holding Shawn back in the past has been his size, as when he was draft eligible, the NHL was still a clutch and grab league and size took precedent. I personally always felt Shawn could excel in the european leagues and it sound like he has adjusted to the style of play quite well. If any of you could update how Shawn is doing periodically I would appreciate it as hockeydb has no stats for him this season.

Last edited by 94eleven: 12-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.
94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
31 pts in 21 games this season.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 03:31 AM
zecke26

three games played in allettan södra:

Örebro HK - Skåre BK 6 - 4 ( 3-0, 1-3, 2-1 )
Tingsryds AIF - Örebro HK 7 - 0 ( 3-0, 2-0, 2-0 )
Örebro HK - IF Troja/Ljungby 3 - 9 ( 1-2, 2-4, 0-3 )

this team won't get ÖHK anywhere this season. another year in division 1 is more than likely. two losses can happen, but they were destroyed.

Old
01-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Foligno#71

Send a message via MSN to Foligno#71
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemonkeys View Post
Shawn Snider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If any of you could update how Shawn is doing periodically I would appreciate it as hockeydb has no stats for him this season.
He was scoring a lot during the regular season, but has been pretty lousy in allettan, which is an early form of playoff stage. Honestly, the guy lacks confidence right now. Doesn't go to the right areas and is more or less invisible on the ice. Too bad, I'd thought he'd turn it up a notch when the tough got going.

Foligno#71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:30 AM
Ribban

Quote:
three games played in allettan södra:

Örebro HK - Skåre BK 6 - 4 ( 3-0, 1-3, 2-1 )
Tingsryds AIF - Örebro HK 7 - 0 ( 3-0, 2-0, 2-0 )
Örebro HK - IF Troja/Ljungby 3 - 9 ( 1-2, 2-4, 0-3 )

this team won't get ÖHK anywhere this season. another year in division 1 is more than likely. two losses can happen, but they were destroyed.
Nah... nothing wrong with this team getting beat up a little bit. I rather have them lose a couple now instead of cruising through Allettan and get their rude awakening later on.

They just beat Pantern by 7-1, and the kitty cats were supposed to be one of the top 4 teams according to most all coaches in the league. From what I was told, the previous scores lines weren't exactly reflecting the game on the ice... correct me if I heard wrong.

At any rate, all teams seem to be beating up on each other and they are only 4 games underway, so Örebros 2-2-0 record is still putting them just a point short of the third spot. Mariestad is next, and they need to win it.

Old
01-15-2008, 02:35 AM
Ribban

Hmmmm... Shawn Snider is getting critisized for playing like a wuss by Nerikes Allehanda.

Old
01-15-2008, 07:18 AM
zecke26

since i still don't know how this freaking division I thing works, they need to get one of the top4 spots in order to advance, is that right?

Old
01-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Foligno#71

Quote:
since i still don't know how this freaking division I thing works, they need to get one of the top4 spots in order to advance, is that right?
Nope, they need to grab a spot among the top three. The first two teams go straight to playoff 3, which is the last level before "kvalserien" to allsvenskan. The third placed team goes to playoff 2, which is the level before playoff 3.

Makes sense?

Old
01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno#71 View Post
Nope, they need to grab a spot among the top three. The first two teams go straight to playoff 3, which is the last level before "kvalserien" to allsvenskan. The third placed team goes to playoff 2, which is the level before playoff 3.

Makes sense?

anyway, thanks for the explanation. if my calculations are right, winning every game from now on would result in going up to allsvenskan. that's the easiest way.

Old
01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
zecke26

ÖHK added sebastian fors from kungälvs.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=2454

anyone know something about him? his stats look good.

Old
01-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Foligno#71

Sebastian Fors

He looked really good in his first game, whioch he played without having practiced with the team. Strong on the skates, powerful with a mean streak. He could be the kind of power forward the team has been searching for.

Old
01-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Ribban

Apparently Sebastian looked even better against Olofstrom (2G + 1A) and helped turning up the pace of Orebro.

The comments before the game were to focus on the defensive effort and worry less about the offense. Olofstrom might not be the best test in "Allettan," but what's nice to see is that OHK scored two goals short handed with Fors as an orchestrator.

Old
01-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Ribban

In NA today, there is a word on a new defender coming in. I sure hope they don't over react and make the same cardinal error they've done every other year by bringing in top talent in the 59th minute, which basically disrupts the harmony and the team structure more than anything else.

They have indeed had 2 big losses, which I specualte were wake-up calls more than anything else, and 1 OT loss to Mariestad on the road, but if I were to read between the lines of what they are saying in the newspaper before the Olofstrom game, OHK's committment to defense has been questionable, hence the adjustments made against Olofstrom (8-0).

Adversity can be a great thing for a team, as long as they're not allowed to make excuses and get to work through it. If there is indeed a lack of defensive committment and effort, one or two new players will not be able to make a difference, rather the opposite.

What's up with the Orebro fans by the way? They are embarrasing to say the least!

Old
01-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Ribban

No deal on the rumored defenseman. But, the club is apparently still looking to add someone new to the D-squad before the transfer window closes in ten days.

Old
01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
In NA today, there is a word on a new defender coming in. I sure hope they don't over react and make the same cardinal error they've done every other year by bringing in top talent in the 59th minute, which basically disrupts the harmony and the team structure more than anything else.
i'd rather wait another year, but they try to integrate young players and would try to get promotod with a young bunch of players. buying a succesful team rarely works.

but there's one good thing about a new defender. they could send the young ones to the J-20 (in case they play on the same day). the J-20 needs every help they can get in order to stay in the superelit.

Quote:
What's up with the Orebro fans by the way? They are embarrasing to say the least!
no clue. i just read it. sounds a bit funny though.

Old
01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Ribban

Mariestad lost and so did Tingsryd, surprisingly. That puts Örebro in 3rd place with the win over Skövde, 6-3, today. Good news is also that they have both Mariestad and Troja, 1 & 2 in Allettan södra, left to play, so it’s up to them.

Snider was the man of the match, although I heard that Viktor Torstensson may have been a better guy for that consideration. ÖHK was up 2-0 and dropped the lead to 3-3 before they could get a go-ahead goal and then two ENs to wrap it up. But, I like the fact that they seem to find a way to win when things get tight more often than not this year. Mariestad, Troja and Tingsryd are the exceptions. I wish I could get to see those games.

Are they finally coming together… *holding my breath*

Old
01-26-2008, 09:48 AM
zecke26

looks like we have our two additions. but it's not confirmed yet. just a rumor, but sounds reasonable.

mikko peltola, 38y old, center
2007-2008 Ilves SM-Liiga 30 4 8 12 34

mika niskanen, 34y old, defender
2007-08 HV71 Elitserien 17 1 1 2 6
Ilves SM-Liiga 9 0 1 1 12

i wonder if that's true. both would be good additions, but stil...they are old. i fear the same mistake like last season. they were too slow and outskated.

Old
01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
yarre

Quote:
looks like we have our two additions. but it's not confirmed yet. just a rumor, but sounds reasonable.

mikko peltola, 38y old, center
2007-2008 Ilves SM-Liiga 30 4 8 12 34

mika niskanen, 34y old, defender
2007-08 HV71 Elitserien 17 1 1 2 6
Ilves SM-Liiga 9 0 1 1 12

i wonder if that's true. both would be good additions, but stil...they are old. i fear the same mistake like last season. they were too slow and outskated.
Niskanen!!! No way? He was great in HV71, he is defiently not too old!

I would love to have him back.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote