HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Shanny's Post Game Comments

Old
01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
92hatchattack

vCash: 500
I cant belive some of you guys give Shanny so much ***** on this board. The guy is 38 years old, and has been, and is currently our leading goal scorer still.

So thats your solution??? Trade away and ***** at our leading goal scorer?

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Avery Ranger Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
I cant belive some of you guys give Shanny so much ***** on this board. The guy is 38 years old, and has been, and is currently our leading goal scorer still.

And along with Gomez the only 2 players who have the Balls to say anything on this team!

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Well Drury isn't the media type. You even see in his interviews, he looks very uncomfortable in the media. Then again, he looks uncomfortable playing here it seems too. Jagr is Jagr, he's not the type who's going to go on and on in the media. He isn't the best at speaking the language either. Therefore Gomez & Shanahan are the two vets that the media looks to. Avery isn't going to say anything worth listening to about the state of the team. The young guys are just that. Then you have Lundqvist and those two. Plus the players don't really say anything groundbreaking in the media anyway. I tend to listen to what Renney says more than them. At lot of times I'll listen to Renney's interviews and then Shanahan and Gomez afterwards and it's almost the same thing anyway.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:07 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post

If we're tanking the seeason, yes. Along with Jagr, Straka, Malik, and Rozsival.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:11 PM
gmanwrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
If we're tanking the seeason, yes. Along with Jagr, Straka, Malik, and Rozsival.
agree 100% but keep Rozsival and let go mara...

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:16 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Ranger Fan View Post
And along with Gomez the only 2 players who have the Balls to say anything on this team!
Bobby Holik always gave brutally honest post game interviews, how did that work out for us?

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:39 PM
gilles lupien

it's kind of tough hearing from shanny after games when he's part of the problem. he's probably one of the elephants in the locker room. he slows down whatever line he's on , can't fight in the corners. i'm sorry but as the days go on, it's shanny that gets under my skin. he gets beat on rushes/battles for the puck and slows the play down. he's not needed on pk either. you need legs and strength for the pk. lots of guys on the team who are faster, tougher, hungrier on pk's than him.

also, can't have shanny and jagr on the same team anymore. niether one can give 100% for three periods.

man, if we get rid of jagr, we can get a hell of a lot for him right now. do it. get rid of him for good return.

let this be gomez's team. if you think he's on fire now, wait till he has more room he'll have to shine after jagr and shanny go. ane watch drury light up.

the two "vets" are bruised and tired. it's bad for morale for the rest of the team. drags everyone down.

get rid of at least one: straka, hossa, prucha. they're too small.

dawes is too small too but we can get more by trading one those three.

gilles lupien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilles lupien View Post
it's kind of tough hearing from shanny after games when he's part of the problem.
I agree with that. Shanahan has less right to talk than Renney. He's not playing well. He says we need to do this and that when he's not doing it himself. That's crap. The only player on this team that has a right to talk is Scott Gomez.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote