HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 1/20 Rangers vs Bruins @ MSG 12:30

Old
01-20-2008, 03:54 PM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Getting dangerously close to "Great purge of 2004" type scenario. By Feb 1 ( I think we can clearly see the writing on the wall now, but.......) we'll know if its time to 'blow er up" and retool around Gomer and Drury.

Right or wrong I think the days of the "czech posse" led by Dr (or was it Mr.) Gloomy have about 5 weeks left as Rangers. When you are not successful in a major market it pro sports changes happen.

We can point fingers at leadership,age, coaching,chemistry....blah,blah, blah, and you know, you're ALL right.......and at the end of the day it falls on Slats and Co to figure out if the Rangers need to change one or all of these issues.

This team has been mediocre since the first game of training camp, and is fading as the games have more meaning.

Looking forward to Feb 27 and the start of a new team identity. Again.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 03:56 PM
mstraka82

freak feb. do it now, or seriously i wilil cause commotion tuesday nite this is not funny i waste time watching another loss

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 04:11 PM
TheSchwab

Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
tough to watch today...

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 04:35 PM
PhlipDowt

damn...i am still pissed off and this game ended hours ago...

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I missed the game, but sounds terrible, we need something it's true, we need a lineup change and a trade for a dman, and we need to pick it up!!!! I kind of would like to see Moore come back up and get another chance on a line with shanny or with Jagr, just to shake things up...and I have faith in Renney, but some of his decisions this season have made me question his coaching and I have a theory that it might be because of the amount of "super-stars" on the team this season... :: SHRUGS :: we'll see what happens though, but something needs to change or all we worked for to make the playoffs will have been worthless...time to pick it up!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
mstraka82

Lets Go Giants, F This Team Right Now

Old
01-20-2008, 05:17 PM
bubba5

This team is going no where, but for golfing lessons in April (well I guess they can start the lessons now so they are ready for April)

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Avery Ranger Fan

Simply another disgraceful game. 1 point in 2 games against a depleted Bruin lineup. The only difference is one team knew the importance of these games, and scratched and clawed there way to a win and the other, just laid down.

How long do we need to wait.This team needs a shakeup now!

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:28 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Just got home from the game. And, as I've been lately, I was very disappointed. Was it as bad on TV as it was in person? I was walking up the aisle when we scored and didn't even turn around to check who did it. Why doesn't anyone sit in front of the net, ever? Any scoring chances or shots from the point are useless with this team. They shoot right in the goalies chest, or don't screen or deflect at ALL. I didn't know it was this bad until I paid attention to it today. On the otherside of the rink, they decide to not touch anyone or move anyone out of the way for Henrik either. in each of the last two games, 2, 3, or even 4 Bruins sit in the crease and attacked the net with no push from any Rangers, and it led to goals each time. This team is absolutely in a ridiculous state right now. I would not be averse to tanking the rest and at least getting somthing good out of it.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Avery Ranger Fan

[QUOTE=NYRSinceBirth;12124214]Just got home from the game. And, as I've been lately, I was very disappointed. Was it as bad on TV as it was in person?

It was that bad.

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:45 PM
ThisYearsModel

Sather won't do anything. he is fat and happy, as Jimmy-Boy Dolan will let him stay as long as he wats to. Renney is his buttboy, so don't expect any meaningful changes. IMO, we should have another fire sale like the one in 2004.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 06:55 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
What would that had done? We still couldnt score any goals until the last 40 seconds.
im not blaming the loss on henrik..but we need to give him days off...with a game yesterday why not give hank a rest?

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
mstraka82

give me a day off from New York sports

Old
01-20-2008, 07:33 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post
im not blaming the loss on henrik..but we need to give him days off...with a game yesterday why not give hank a rest?
To be fair, I would have started him as well. He played a great game yesterday and it could have carried over to today. A hot goalie shouldn't be sat.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Smashley

Got home about an hour ago, nice patch of traffic on Henry Hudson Pkway took us awhile, we made the best of it though beeping, screaming and hanging out the window with our foam fingers at other ranger fans.

I had surreal seats today and such a good time, I'm hardly thinking about the score. I'll come back to reality on tuesday I'm sure.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 07:58 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Got home about an hour ago, nice patch of traffic on Henry Hudson Pkway took us awhile, we made the best of it though beeping, screaming and hanging out the window with our foam fingers at other ranger fans.

I had surreal seats today and such a good time, I'm hardly thinking about the score. I'll come back to reality on tuesday I'm sure.
Tell me thats your plate?? Anywho, where'd you sit? I was up in 327, and it sucked from up there.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
Tell me thats your plate?? Anywho, where'd you sit? I was up in 327, and it sucked from up there.
Yep. sec 96. Well the game itself sucked, but I had alot of fun boozin it up and being with friends.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
In The Flesh

well now that the Packers are out, the football season is over for me, back to the Rangers getting my full attention, great timeing too, NOT, this team blows!

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 11:43 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
Just got home from the game. And, as I've been lately, I was very disappointed. Was it as bad on TV as it was in person?

Well we had to listen to the NBC broadcast team diss the Rangers before , during and after the game. To make it worse most of us had to agree with what they were saying.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:19 AM
shoeshine5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Well we had to listen to the NBC broadcast team diss the Rangers before , during and after the game. To make it worse most of us had to agree with what they were saying.
I was happy to hear the anti New York bias. MSG wouldn't dare say anything negative about the Rangers or Jagr.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:39 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine5 View Post
I was happy to hear the anti New York bias. MSG wouldn't dare say anything negative about the Rangers or Jagr.
Ok? What team's announcers say negative things about their players? Unless of course they're on a slump or aren't playing good hockey, they call that out. Don't know where your going with this.

Sam & Joe (Rangers Announcers) probably are the least bit homer, they actually have knowledge of other teams players and things around the NHL and they praise good play on the opposing teams. They get more excited, at least Sam, when the Rangers score, but that's given with any announcer, that's why he is our announcer.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
just wanted to say that the Dubinsky Prucha Dawes line looked good this past weekend.

Yup, I'm a B's fan

Last edited by flannelman: 01-21-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Bruins Fan
flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote