HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guys, guys, guys....

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 11:23 PM
GoM

vCash: 500
Guys, guys, guys....

Don't count your chickens until they've hatched. Yes, we're up 2-1 in the series. Yes, Eddie has been amazing since he came back from his latest injury. Yes, Tucker, Roberts and Niuewendyk are dynamite. But yes, we have been basically outplayed for 5 or 6 out of the 9 periods of play so far this series. We're outshot approx. 100-62 or so in the series (it was 96-60 in the official CBC thing with some time left), and the only reason we're not down 3-0 is Eddie. I have as much faith as the next guy, and as much confidence, but....still a lot of hockey to be played. If we can get by Ottawa in 5, we'll avoid alot of the physical play and get some much-needed rest for the second round, and I like our chances to go far. But people....still need 2 more wins. I, for one, don't want Eddie stealing games already.

Old
04-12-2004, 11:34 PM
attis76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
Don't count your chickens until they've hatched. Yes, we're up 2-1 in the series. Yes, Eddie has been amazing since he came back from his latest injury. Yes, Tucker, Roberts and Niuewendyk are dynamite. But yes, we have been basically outplayed for 5 or 6 out of the 9 periods of play so far this series. We're outshot approx. 100-62 or so in the series (it was 96-60 in the official CBC thing with some time left), and the only reason we're not down 3-0 is Eddie. I have as much faith as the next guy, and as much confidence, but....still a lot of hockey to be played. If we can get by Ottawa in 5, we'll avoid alot of the physical play and get some much-needed rest for the second round, and I like our chances to go far. But people....still need 2 more wins. I, for one, don't want Eddie stealing games already.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second that.
But we are lucky that Belfour stole 2 games for us,otherwise we're gone.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:14 AM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by attis76

I second that.
We were saying before the series that Belfour would be the difference...

Old
04-13-2004, 12:29 AM
saa25

My concern about this series is that Mogilny is not as much of a factor as in the past- he was our playoff game-breaker the past two seasons...

Old
04-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by saa25
My concern about this series is that Mogilny is not as much of a factor as in the past- he was our playoff game-breaker the past two seasons...
Hopefully he'll be a game breaker a little later in this run...didn't he recently get back from a long injury?

Old
04-13-2004, 12:35 AM
saa25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
Hopefully he'll be a game breaker a little later in this run...didn't he recently get back from a long injury?
He did. My concern is that he hasn't been the same since the hip operation. He's scored something like 3 goals since the injury. Has he lost a step?

Old
04-13-2004, 12:38 AM
m-gro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
I doubt that we'll be seeing the end of this series anytime soon... but I disagree about not wanting Eddie to steal a few games at this stage. Against the Sens, who are justifiably pumped and confident this season, his latest shutout streak could have incalculable psychological effects on their top players... and effect that gets magnified with every passing minute without a goal. I like having that edge for the Leafs.

Old
04-13-2004, 12:42 AM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by attis76

I second that.
I wouldn't exactly say Belfour stole the second game for us. He was very good, but the chances were generally kept to a minimum. Ottawa played the perimeter most of the game and were outworked for the majority of those three periods.

I think people are overlooking Lalime as well. While he's let in some soft goals, he's made some bigtime saves to keep the Senators in there. If not for him, the Leafs would be running away with this series.

Old
04-13-2004, 01:34 AM
DocHolliday

Look at the positives. Were up 2-1 when we've been outplayed pretty handily. These teams were so close in the standings, I doubt we'll be outplayed 7 straight. We've gotten more than we deserve at this point perhaps, and if they ever get their game in shape this could be a quick series. Game 4 is absolutely huge. Hopefully they realize that with a win they can take a stranglehold on the series . Game 4s are almost always crucial and I think we're due for a good one.

Old
04-13-2004, 06:48 AM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
Ive said this a few times...without the eagle..we woulda had 2-5 goals scored on us in just the first period each game..Eddie has been dominate and if you look at the out of town highlights...Broduer is doing CRAP and Broduer is usually the star of the NHL playoffs...So far Eddie has had a shutout time of approx. 140 minutes... We really gotta hope he can be unbeatable in the whole series/next 3 rounds and not look shakey on some weak shots

Old
04-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
I agree with everything said. Toronto has been out played by Ottawa the only difference is Toronto capitalized on their chances and Ottawa did not. The only thing Toronto has going for them is they have yet to play a great game and I also feel they are due for it. If Toronto comes to play in game 4 Ottawa will be in alot of trouble because I personally don't see how Ottawa can play any better then they have been.. They imo should be up 3 games to 0. Thank god for Ed Belfour.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Schenn02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
I agree with everything said. Toronto has been out played by Ottawa the only difference is Toronto capitalized on their chances and Ottawa did not. The only thing Toronto has going for them is they have yet to play a great game and I also feel they are due for it. If Toronto comes to play in game 4 Ottawa will be in alot of trouble because I personally don't see how Ottawa can play any better then they have been.. They imo should be up 3 games to 0. Thank god for Ed Belfour.
I agree with you. If we didn't have Belfour Ottawa would be getting those brooms out and heading for the sweep. We really need to play better and stop getting outplayed.

Closed Thread