HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Renberg done for the year? Nolan not?

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2004, 04:30 PM
ComrieFanatic

vCash: 500
Renberg done for the year? Nolan not?

was reading the toronto star. says that renberg is most likely done for the season due to a nagging hamstring injury. He says that he can play, but it is too painful. Also saw on The Score last nite that Nolan is not done for the season, and there is NO tear in his knee. They said he could be back in 2-3 weeks.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Verbal Kint*

No tear?!? Boo ****ing YAH! Great to see he will have the chance to finally get his name inscribed on hockey's holy grail.

Old
04-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Lisa Needs Braces

Thats 2 of the last 3 playoffs renberg has missed most of

Old
04-12-2004, 04:41 PM
GoM

Renberg : Good
Nolan : Better

Old
04-12-2004, 04:42 PM
IWD
Playoff-hardened

Well, I guess Egil can throw his wish for an ACL injury to Nolan out the window...

Old
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
Renberg : Good
Nolan : Better
That is so true...For us to get past 2nd and 3rd round i really think its nesscary to have Nolan in lineup..he is a player key to our success in post season

Old
04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
GoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsSundin13
That is so true...For us to get past 2nd and 3rd round i really think its nesscary to have Nolan in lineup..he is a player key to our success in post season
I actually meant that it's good for Renberg to be out, and a whole let better for Nolan to be in, but all the meanings work too 7

Old
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
W000000t!

Old
04-12-2004, 05:35 PM
GD|eNSo

Renberg, is gametime decision.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen|us

What's to decide? Hamstring or not, he sits on merit.

Anyway, if he plays (bad idea), he will disappear to locker room no later than midpoint of game.

Old
04-12-2004, 05:56 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen|us
he said he can play, but its whether or not he wants to take the pain. Also, on Nolan, he is set to have a medical examination on Thursday to decide when he can actually get back.

Old
04-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic
he said he can play, but its whether or not he wants to take the pain. Also, on Nolan, he is set to have a medical examination on Thursday to decide when he can actually get back.
I'd be loving every second of seeing big Owen back for game 5 or 6...that'd be insane...now...he almost definitely will not be, but can you imagine the frenzy you'd get if they were able to keep him under raps until the lineups were in? What would Ottawa do? Probably grab some new underwear after soiling it. Owen Nolan is a big, physical, talented hockey player. Vaclav Varada and he would definitely have a few things to talk about, after all, they're comparable in every way from what some Sens fans were saying about him earlier... .

Anyways...I hope Owen plays again this season, it'd be great to see him.

Old
04-12-2004, 07:34 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
was reading the toronto star. says that renberg is most likely done for the season due to a nagging hamstring injury. He says that he can play, but it is too painful. Also saw on The Score last nite that Nolan is not done for the season, and there is NO tear in his knee. They said he could be back in 2-3 weeks.
ComrieFanatic......

I kind of like it with both of the BERGS out of the Leafs lineup (Michael and Aki).........it's a good thing ForsBERG doesn't play for the Leafs.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
04-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Nolan hasn't been examined yet so how would they know this? As much as I'd love to see it, I'm not counting on him being back.

Old
04-12-2004, 10:59 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

nolan would look good now wouldnt he

but hats off to quinn for continuing to find workable line combos

Old
04-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Deluxe

it would obviously be great to have owen back in the lineup, but we can't rush him in too early. give him time to rest.

let him be at 100%.

i'm out!

go leafs go!!!

Deluxe

Old
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
DocHolliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67
Nolan hasn't been examined yet so how would they know this? As much as I'd love to see it, I'm not counting on him being back.
You read my mind. As far as I've heard, he hasn't been re-examined yet. Walking without crutches is a solid step, but it in no way implies that the knee could withstand the rigours of playoff hockey. If Nolan does come back, I doubt we'll see it until the conference finals. He has been off skates for 3 weeks and with a bad leg, I doubt he's kept in the greatest cardio shape of his career. It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath

Old
04-13-2004, 12:59 PM
saa25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You read my mind. As far as I've heard, he hasn't been re-examined yet. Walking without crutches is a solid step, but it in no way implies that the knee could withstand the rigours of playoff hockey. If Nolan does come back, I doubt we'll see it until the conference finals. He has been off skates for 3 weeks and with a bad leg, I doubt he's kept in the greatest cardio shape of his career. It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath
Nevertheless, if we do see him back under any circumstance this year, it would be great news for the Leafs! Here's hoping that the ligaments were just strained...

Old
04-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Steve

Nolan without crutches this soon is a huge positive step. I'll put money on it that there is no tear, but this doesn't mean he'll be back, although I do have a feeling you'll see him again, assuming we get through this round. I'm just praying it's not as serious are Ribeiro's injury.

By the way, anyone else think he should be suspended for that? I think so, and you know he's only sitting out of practice b/c the habs management, want the league to think he might be injured so they don't do anything, he's fine.

Old
04-13-2004, 04:47 PM
LeafSadist

vCash: 729
So, anyone disappointed Renberg's stay in Toronto is pretty much done? No Renberg fans? Eh, if he wasn't injured half the time he'd be ok but his stay was very lacklustre.

Closed Thread