HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Is Their A Goalie On A Better Role Than...

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
Is Their A Goalie On A Better Role Than...

Eddie Belfour?

Man, this guy just knows how to get it done in the stretch drive/playoffs or what?

4 shutouts in 5 games...

Hopefully Razor gets on that same role....with this popgun offense of ours, we could sure use it!

Later

Old
04-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Stock Rocks

Roll.

R-o-l-l

Role is something you play in a movie or play...just an fyi.

Old
04-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Jeff from Maine

Thank You

If thats all you could find to critique in my post, I`ll consider it a post well worth posting

Later

Old
04-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
>> thats

"that's"

J/K

The Leafs look like a team of destiny this year. I see them as being the #1 obstacle, by a fairly wide margin, for the Bruins this year. Lots of vets making a another stand. They are the only team I am not that confident about the B's beating.

Another question is... what happens to Ottawa if they are bounced summarily in the first round? Surely the end of Martin (Queneville anyone?).

Old
04-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Jeff from Maine

I Agree

I`d think that they may look to someone who is more defensive minded.

Quennville immediately comes to mind! he will likely be the first man considered for every available job this summer.

Ottawa would certainly seem more appealing than NY!

Later

Old
04-13-2004, 04:39 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
>> thats

"that's"

J/K

The Leafs look like a team of destiny this year. I see them as being the #1 obstacle, by a fairly wide margin, for the Bruins this year. Lots of vets making a another stand. They are the only team I am not that confident about the B's beating.

Another question is... what happens to Ottawa if they are bounced summarily in the first round? Surely the end of Martin (Queneville anyone?).
Wow....I've always viewed that Leafs team as the easiest in the East, quite frankly. I think with our youth and comparable size, provided Belfour doesn't steal the show himself, we can beat that team. I feel very confident against them.

It's the teams with very mobile and talented small forwards that scare me, like Ottawa and Montreal. And I think those types of teams have proven to be the thorns in our side, not the bigger teams like Philly and Toronto.

Of course all bets are off with Belfour right now. Then again, his back is one tweak from ending Toronto's hopes too!

Old
04-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
>> Wow....I've always viewed that Leafs team as the easiest in the East, quite frankly

We shall see. I believe they'll get by Ottawa surprisingly easily and they seem to be peaking. Lots of experience and talent in that lineup. I rank them and the Bruins as the two strongest teams in the East, at least in terms of getting it done.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:10 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

He has looked unbelievable, hasn't he. So much for the wonky back.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:14 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13
Of course all bets are off with Belfour right now. Then again, his back is one tweak from ending Toronto's hopes too!
He hasn't had that back issue for atleast about a month now... and he says his back is 100%.

It's really overrated, this back problem's come up once since his arrival in Toronto.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
Leafaholix - is the confidence level in Toronto high? Expecting a run all the way to the Cup round? People in Boston are generally feeling very positive about the team's chances. I see a Boston-Toronto showdown being inevitable this year. It will be a hard fought, whale of a series, that's for sure.

Old
04-13-2004, 05:25 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Rocks
Roll.

R-o-l-l

Role is something you play in a movie or play...just an fyi.
mike nylander is like butter, b/c he's on a roll
andrew raycroft's role in the zamboni commercial won't be getting him any future work as an actor

Old
04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
DBL

I hope it does come down to a Leafs/Bruins series, that'd be awesome, something I've wanted for a long time. I just hope if they do play it's in the CF and Joe is damn near healthy, because that team knows how to beat down on players.

Belfour would be fustrating to play against, it doesn't matter how many shots you get on this guy, if the shot is no good he'll stop it. I would prefer the Bruins to play a tight defensive game against the Leafs and just try scoring on breakdowns the Leafs have for good chances only. Hard to win that way, but I think that's the only way through it.

I think the B's defence would have a good series against TO. Leafs don't really have small speedy forwards, so it would probably be good for the likes of O'donnell, McGillis, Boynton, and Gill. Gonchar I don't think would have that bad of a problem either, Slegr is the only D that possibly wouldn't handle them well.

I'd love to see that series though...

Closed Thread