HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rennys Post Game Comments

Old
01-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
I don't care about effort, i only care about results.
This should answer to your proposed line-up.
But if you want to, i will describe it more.
1)They can try all they want, but they score like once in 15 games.
Heck, Orr is not even fighting!(i blame Renney for this one, just to make it clear).
Hollweg is not hitting much, and he is not providing much needed spark anymore
Betts should be only one playing on 4th line. Hossa should be there instead of Hollweg, and i would prefer Cally or Moore playing on 4th line over Orr.
And don't start with toughness crap anymore, because Orr is not playing like a tough guy anymore.
Main reason to have line from Hossa-Betts-Moore is PK.
Check who is playing on penalty kill, Straka(1st line), aging Shanny(2nd line), Avery(2nd line).
Hossa, Betts, Moore would take over load from those guys.
"Your beloved 4th line has no business to play 10+ mins per game"
The 4th has no rite playing more then 10 agreed but when your beloved country man is pouting like a little ***** and not scoring, leading or sitting in the box for being lazy then who is going to play with effort? Hossa sucks end of story can't pass or shoot. He is horrible and because of that he isn't playing. We need effort but not living off the past

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
The 4th has no rite playing more then 10 agreed but when your beloved country man is pouting like a little ***** and not scoring, leading or sitting in the box for being lazy then who is going to play with effort? Hossa sucks end of story can't pass or shoot. He is horrible and because of that he isn't playing. We need effort but not living off the past
My beloved country man is Straka, but i guess you mean Jagr.
Jagr has 20 points in 16 games.
Reason for Hossa on 4th line is PK, he is very good defensively.
And for the last time, results > effort.
Some guys can try as crazy, but won't score(Hollweg,Orr).
And since they are not hitting, fighting, scoring, playing on PK...why the hell they are playing?

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:21 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
What the heck do you want him to say? Well, I really think that Jagr has to go, same with Shanahan. I'm going to sit Drury as well since he's played like crap.

Come on, the guy isn't going to roast his players in the media. If he did then you would all be talking crap about how a coach shouldn't do that to his players and that he's classless.

He has no balls, and the way things are going it wouldn't hurt to grow a pair.

Hes got no motivation skills and the little effort hes put into that department hasn't worked in any way, shape or form - so calling out names wouldnt hurt, you dont have to ROAST anyone, just make examples out of the so-called leaders on this team. Especially after 3 SEASONS of major inconsistency and the latest one where he is getting no leadership.

So the team can QUIT on a coach and the FANS, but not get called out... sounds like a great place to work to me.

Any other job in America is different. Its not about CLASS. Everyone knows Renney has boatloads of that. Its about getting the job done and being the boss.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
He has no balls, and the way things are going it wouldn't hurt to grow a pair.

iHes got no motivation skills and the little effort hes put into that department hasn't worked in any way, shape or form - so calling out names wouldnt hurt, you dont have to ROAST anyone, just make examples out of the so-called leaders on this team. Especially after 3 SEASONS of major inconsistency and the latest one where he is getting no leadership.

So the team can QUIT on a coach and the FANS, but not get called out... sounds like a great place to work to me.

Any other job in Amerca is different. Its not about CLASS. Everyone knows Renney has boatloads of that. Its about getting the job done and being the boss.
Last time I checked if you ***k up at work they don't announce it to the whole company and the rest of the world that you f***ed up.

What goes on in the locker room should stay there. If Renney wants to make examples of certain players in the locker room, let him, there's no reason for that to take place in the media. Coaches who do that are just grasping for straws and have absolutely no respect from their players. Accountability in the locker room and within the family/organization is different than to the public. When you're at home and someone in your family does something stupid, do you go and tell the whole street? Hell no you don't. You take care if it in your house and make sure it doesn't happen anymore. That's what Renney needs to do, not be a goon in the media and embarrass players.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:28 PM
TomLaidlaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agL3N...eature=related

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
gmanwrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
agreed, y dont rangers ever go top line againist top line..

i like the HBO line, but they get way to much ice time. yeah the shut down the other teams top line, but not give our top player ice time. that is one of top reasons for lack of chemistry.

top players always being switched around, what do they do in practice days. Does renny put these lines together the day of the game. in practice u know who plays well with how. end of story. Renney game plan DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:33 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
The difference here is that Therrien doesn't name specific players, he basically said that the defense is soft (or Soff as he says and they suck. He's saying the whole team isn't putting 100%, they play like crap, and they don't care. This is much different than saying, Jagr sucks, Shanahan sucks, Drury sucks, etc. Naming specific players is retarded.

That's probably the greatest post-game press conference I've ever seen.

"Their goal is to be the worst defensive squad in the league and they're doing such a great job to be the worst defensive squad in the league"

"They're soff, like I've never seen a bunch of defensemen soff like this."

Last edited by WhipNash27: 01-21-2008 at 03:43 PM.
WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:55 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
The difference here is that Therrien doesn't name specific players, he basically said that the defense is soft (or Soff as he says and they suck. He's saying the whole team isn't putting 100%, they play like crap, and they don't care. This is much different than saying, Jagr sucks, Shanahan sucks, Drury sucks, etc. Naming specific players is retarded.

That's probably the greatest post-game press conference I've ever seen.

"Their goal is to be the worst defensive squad in the league and they're doing such a great job to be the worst defensive squad in the league"

"They're soff, like I've never seen a bunch of defensemen soff like this."
agreed

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Avery Ranger Fan

That press conference is a classic.......

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
WOW if Renney said anything like that he would be all over the papers. Maybe thats what the Rangers need to get some ink in the papers lol.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
garyuk

hi
my comments are:

Renney said in one of his interviews team does not have enough Grease.

Does this mean effort? passion? leadership?

id say effort and effort as a team?
There is a ego problem in this team too many big heads and the youngsters are not lead by :
Shanahan. Jagr Renney Combination
Gomez and drury coming in, We have lots the euro link (Jagr and the Czech boys)
bite it and rebuild properly and get something if this ship starts sinking.
or please Sather move on and let Messier come in with another gm and lets do it.Enough talk some action about the rebuilding.......

garyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyuk View Post
hi
my comments are:

Renney said in one of his interviews team does not have enough Grease.

Does this mean effort? passion? leadership?

id say effort and effort as a team?
There is a ego problem in this team too many big heads and the youngsters are not lead by :
Shanahan. Jagr Renney Combination
Gomez and drury coming in, We have lots the euro link (Jagr and the Czech boys)
bite it and rebuild properly and get something if this ship starts sinking.
or please Sather move on and let Messier come in with another gm and lets do it.Enough talk some action about the rebuilding.......
Nah. What he means by grease is the near-the-crease goals. Dirty goals.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Nah. What he means by grease is the near-the-crease goals. Dirty goals.
that is not correct. he is referring to engine grease. to put on the bottom of the players skates to make them skate faster than they currently are.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Rennys afraid of his star players....

He's been around , he knows who should be riding the pine.

He cant do it, or he wont do it because he's afraid he'll look bad or worse the team will turn on him.

Of course the flipside is that he believes with all his mind body and soul that those same star players will get the job done in the end so he doesnt rock the boat to hard.

Will this team be forced to play playoff hockey for a month before the playoffs just to make it in?

Probably, and thats maybe not a bad way to make it. Teams like that can be the most dangerous. And by all accounts the Rangers have a dangerous roster.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote