HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines at practice today (as per RDS)

Old
01-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Anyone else has the feeling that Ryder will never come back on track?
I'm just glad we don't have to read the "give him some more time", "he will get back on track" quotes anymore.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Give Ryder a couple of game, I think he'll get back to form.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I agree let him play some quality minutes with quality players. It's the only way he will snap out of it. Next thing you know he's been traded for nothing and comes back to Montreal Leclair style.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 09:54 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Huh? We've given Ryder 47 games. Not that I don't think he'll turn it around, but I haven't seen any indication that he will. Blind faith is one thing, ignorance is another.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 10:15 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Agreed, 47 games is not enough.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Huh? We've given Ryder 47 games. Not that I don't think he'll turn it around, but I haven't seen any indication that he will. Blind faith is one thing, ignorance is another.
Call it blind faith, call it ignorance. All I know is that Ryder is a very streaky player who's currently on the worst cold streak of his career.

He's a guy who has scored majority of his goals on the powerplay. For what it's worth, he has scored 4 goals in his last 10 games with virtually no powerplay time.

If I remember correctly, at the start of the year the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line faced the opponents checking line. When the line was malfunctioning, he was taken off that line somewhere around November 13th. He was put on a line with Smoke on the 16th. This is around the time where the KPK line was emerging, eventually becoming our first line taking the checkers away from Koivu.

All I'm saying is give him a couple of games with better line mates, Koivu and Higgins, with 2nd powerplay unit minutes. What's the worst that could happen. I mean, there is no reason for Smoke to get PP time on a 5 on 3. Ryder has much more proven on the pp and has a much better right handed shot.

Furthermore, that whole line is a bunch of cold streak burdened players. So putting them back together may get their game back as they may feed of each others will to get a damn goal. They would be more on the same page now instead of Ryder being the weakest link like it previously was before. Let's see how that line does for a couple of games now that they don't have to face the opponent's best checkers.

I'd like it if they give him a couple of games because I rather have him on an offensive line with a chance that he'll break out and go on a hot streak at the end of this season similar to the 14 goals in 22 games he did ending 06/07 than watch him play with lesser players with no powerplay time and reduced icetime and have virtually no chance of a hot streak. If he gets going, we are going to be one hard team to play against and would be better than most deadline deals. I'd like that to happen so give him another chance. Seriously, what's the worst that can happen?

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 01-22-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote