HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The NHL editorial Chalenge

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 07:30 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
The NHL editorial Chalenge

Here's the Challange. Let's see if you guys can read the whole thing....hahaha

The first time, I couldn't read past the fourth paragraph. This guy is from the New Jersey Times, and is an idiot,

Too much Canadian machismo

Saturday, March 13, 2004

HARVEY YAVENER

Two things I hate about hockey. Fights. And whining Canadian-accented voices defending the need for vigilantes on ice to police the game. So, I should be thrilled this week. A hockey mugging that has every civilized sports fan - and even a few of that considerable group you could lump as civilization-deprived - disgusted and calling for reform.

Last edited by Sotnos: 04-13-2004 at 11:21 PM. Reason: please give a link and only quote a paragraph or two from an online article, thanks.
Old
04-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

That is a laugh riot, thanks for posting it!

That guy is ugly.

Old
04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
flip588

This article is a joke. I find it funny because I always thought it was the Americans that enjoyed the fighting so much. The fighting can be amusing at times but a game without a fight doesn't dissappoint me. Canadians don't like violence but also don't want a finesse game, they like good AND gritty players, most of us would call them "complete players" and excuse me for wanting to see a "complete" game. And quit using Bertuzzi as an example for all Canadian hockey players, has an American never done anything wrong in hockey? Maybe less non-Canadians have the spotlight put on them for "dirty play" because half the league is Canadian! Also, the dirtiest players tend to be European because they come into an aggressive North American game and can't throw hits and dig in the corners because the need was never there in Europe.

And why does an American even care about Canada claiming hockey as their game, this is the same country that watches arena football more than pro hockey!

By the way if you look at American's favourite sports they are full of violence and injury such as boxing, football, Nascar, and even Americans go wild when baseball or basketball players fight. And don't even get me started on the WWE . . .

Old
04-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

I would like to point out that this does not represent America as a whole.

I'm an American, and I think it's complete BS.

Closed Thread