HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Latest Eklund Rumor . . .

Old
01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
predhead1

vCash: 500
Latest Eklund Rumor . . .

has Nashville looking at acquiring Richards from TB. No mention as to the possible trade bait offered by the Preds, but one has to imagine a D-man would be in the mix.

Not sure how I feel about this one - Richards could potentially give our woeful offense a much needed boost, but his contract is on the high side to say the least and seems like it would hurt the Preds' ability to re-sign the RFAs and Dumont. Not to mention Richards hasn't been playing up to his contract worth and who knows what it would take to land him - seems like a lot of risk compared to the potential reward.

However, possibly more significantly, this is the second rumor in a couple of weeks regarding the Preds trying to land a very high profile player. Could this be a signal that the new ownership is actually willing to open the purse strings to try to improve the team beyond the Kariya/Arnott-range signings? I sure hope so.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Yeah, but star players do not go on trees....neither does the corporate support that we need to get the max amount of revenue sharing we will need to resign our RFA, pay for a star player, and resign Dumont....

Ah well, lets see what happens.

01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
None Shall Pass
Got Carter

Eklund is NEVER right.

None Shall Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Eklund is NEVER right.
You don't keep up much do you?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
has Nashville looking at acquiring Richards from TB. No mention as to the possible trade bait offered by the Preds, but one has to imagine a D-man would be in the mix.

Not sure how I feel about this one - Richards could potentially give our woeful offense a much needed boost, but his contract is on the high side to say the least and seems like it would hurt the Preds' ability to re-sign the RFAs and Dumont. Not to mention Richards hasn't been playing up to his contract worth and who knows what it would take to land him - seems like a lot of risk compared to the potential reward.

However, possibly more significantly, this is the second rumor in a couple of weeks regarding the Preds trying to land a very high profile player. Could this be a signal that the new ownership is actually willing to open the purse strings to try to improve the team beyond the Kariya/Arnott-range signings? I sure hope so.

For the love of God, PLEASE NO!! Some people are worth their big contracts. Richards easily isn't. His contract would mean key players wouldnt be resigned. He would make this team worse. Hopefully EK is wrong again on this one.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 06:37 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Actually, this is something I would look into. Obviously, it depends on how many assets TB wants in return, but this could be a nice reclamation project. If Poile and Trotz think he can be a 90 point player on our team, I wouldn't be opposed to them making the deal.

Now, the question is, which Brad Richards is the real Brad Richards? The Conne Smyth winning, 91 point scoring guy or the $7.8 million/year 60-70 pointer. The latter isn't enough of an upgrade on Arnott and Leggy to even consider, in my opinion.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
RADU

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Eklund is NEVER right.
eklund repeats tsn and sporstnet headlines

RADU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Before we landed Arnott I would have been all over this, but now I don't seem to care either way.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
PredsMan

yeah, a centerman doesn't seem to be a glaring need.

A winger, however is another story.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Jarnberg

I seriously doubt that TB would move Richards. I have more doubts about Richards being traded here as we would need a winger.

I know everyone wants to think that the new owners want to make a splash, but we have not seen a quote from them supporting this notion other then handing the keys to Poile.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Yeah with Legwand and Arnott signed you guys dont really need a Centre.

Maybe if Philly have trouble signing Umberger, Holmer might send him to you guys for someone like Suter. He can play either wing and has been playing great this season.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I seriously doubt that TB would move Richards. I have more doubts about Richards being traded here as we would need a winger.

I know everyone wants to think that the new owners want to make a splash, but we have not seen a quote from them supporting this notion other then handing the keys to Poile.
I haven't seen a quote either, but I absolutely believe they want to do something to try and spark some interest/goodwill after what happened last summer.

I just don't think "Brad Richards" is the player we need to create a wave of excitement/optimism throughout the fanbase. I think their sights are set higher than that...or they'll wait until July 1.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 04:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah with Legwand and Arnott signed you guys dont really need a Centre.

Maybe if Philly have trouble signing Umberger, Holmer might send him to you guys for someone like Suter. He can play either wing and has been playing great this season.
Umberger would not get you Suter.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Olaf

At this point, I prefer to hang onto the Florida pick, which I would imagine would be involved in a trade for a frontline player. In particular if they trade Jokinen..

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Now Ek has us interested in Erik Cole.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
Now Ek has us interested in Erik Cole.
He would be an awesome player to acquire, but I doubt the Hurricanes would ever consider moving him.....Why would they? Every team wants a player like Cole...

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
they still owe us from the Vasicek debacle.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I used to TRY to give Ek the benefit of the doubt...but he's throwing darts at the board, these days. I used to think he got fed bogus information sometimes...I think now he's just whoring for hits.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Sear91

I <3 Eklund.. he's always good for a laugh. I like Richards and I dont think he'll go but if he does, I assume it'll be around the deadine. Feaster has stated this wont be an active deadline so I doubt any of the big 3 will be gone...

Sear91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I used to TRY to give Ek the benefit of the doubt...but he's throwing darts at the board, these days. I used to think he got fed bogus information sometimes...I think now he's just whoring for hits.

So, THAT's what they are calling it now days!!

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote