HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin

Old
01-21-2008, 11:53 AM
eddy

vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind giving Perez another shot, still think the potential is there for him to be a good 2 way player in the NHL but theres been no indication thus far of him returning. I hope the Habs atleast make an attempt though, before we lose his rights.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

...maybe we should 'sticky' this thread along with the "Bash Carbo" and the Gainey Sucks" and "French Media!" threads.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Come on the guy didn't even make it to the NHL immediately following being drafted. You seriously want to give him a second chance? We showed too much patience by waiting even after his draft year, this would just be over the top. We might as well send Bob over there and get him to bend naked over Perezhogin's table.

Thats it, you are the first guest on my Ignore list

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 01:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
...maybe we should 'sticky' this thread along with the "Bash Carbo" and the Gainey Sucks" and "French Media!" threads.
Strip Koivu of the captaincy?

Ice Poutine

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 03:25 PM
LyleOdelein

What's the use talking about Perez? He would rather be given great ice time in a lesser league than earn it in the NHL. He's happy in Russia, good for him. The Habs have improve since he left. It's pretty much win-win.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
chitownhabsfan

Perezhogin has a two year contract for $2M per year. Add to that he plays fewer games, so he gets paid more for playing less and his expenses are less as well.

So, in reality, considering his lower expenses, he is being paid way more than $2M per season.

In addition to the above, BG won't sign him for that kind of money, he would rather hire Slowinski @ $2M with a NTC too boot. Ah, those vets, worth every penny.

In addition, Perez tended to take dumb penalties and critical times, same penalty over and over again, although he was coached not to. That is what Les Habs management will remember about him when they consider resigning him.

:

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Strip Koivu of the captaincy?

Ice Poutine
Good point, i forgot that one!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Bullsmith

My secret dream is Perezhogen goes crazy next season, scores 35 goals and at the RSL all star game becomes BFF with Cherepanov. A bidding war ensues between the NYR and NYI for his rights and we end up with a 1st rounder +.

A man can dream.

Bullsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
I don't think he will break his current contract, which end after the 2008-09 season...
Given what he is getting paid and how much less pressure he must be facing, I gotta agree with you. And if he remains a top player on that team, they will probably offer him another similar contract after this one, and I think it would be a mistake to sign him to that kind of contract to play in the NHL. He just isn't a 2+ mil/year player. Not yet, and probably not by the time our rights run out on him, unfortunately.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
LePoche69

I'll guess a long shot : He waits till the end of his contract, then Pittsburgh signs him under Andre Savard's recommandations (he drafted him and now works for Pitts).

you read here first...

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
My secret dream is Perezhogen goes crazy next season, scores 35 goals and at the RSL all star game becomes BFF with Cherepanov. A bidding war ensues between the NYR and NYI for his rights and we end up with a 1st rounder +.

A man can dream.
Then Perezhogin come back to the NHL with the Islanders, dominate the game (30 - 50 - 80 points season) and become the player habs fans always wished he would flourish into...

A girl can dream.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 09:24 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Does anyone think he could come back next year with the Habs? I was thinking that a year playing in the RSL would be good for his confidence and playing time. Would be cheaper than adding a Tanguay.
I think he entered into a kinda of circle by going there:

He doesn't play well enough in NHL right now to deserve earning 1.5M (I think that's what he's getting in Russia)

If he is really playing well in Russia and catches some eyes, Habs will consider offering him such a contract, on a one year basis...
But, I just said it "if he is really playing well in Russia"... His Russian team will want to retain him and will offer him what? 3M?!
So that at that price, the habs will not even want to try him for one year...

So in the end, it really is up to Perezhogin to accept to live in America (hell yeah!) and take a PAY CUT if he believes that he can be a superstar in NHL and one day make HUGE bucks... but he has to be patient... History tells us that he is not patient.

The same applies to Korneev and to Emelin (to a certain extent.)

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Habs _Fan

Perezhogin will be trade at the dead line for a rental player

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote