HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Preds @ Avs - 1.22.08

Old
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
irisheyes555

vCash: 500
GDT: Preds @ Avs - 1.22.08

not up to my usual standards but i just got in from work...heard that ellis will be in net tonight.

GAME PREVIEW: PREDATORS AT AVALANCHE
Who: Predators (24-20-4) vs. Colorado (26-18-4)
Where: Pepsi Center.
When: 8 p.m.
TV: Fox Sports Net
Radio: 104.5-FM.
Season series: Avalanche lead 2-0.
Colorado update: Colorado is tied with Calgary for second in the Northwest Division with 56 points and is 4-0-1 in its last five games. … After losing in the first matchup of the season against the Predators, Colorado has defeated Nashville in each of the two contests. … Center Paul Stastny leads the Avalanche with 49 points (17 goals, 32 assists) but has been recently placed on injured reserve following surgery.
Predators update: Nashville is 7-2-2 in its last 11 games and is tied for second place in the Central Division. … J.P. Dumont is on a 12-game points streak with eight goals and nine assists over that stretch. His streak is tied for the sixth longest in NHL history. … The Predators penalty-kill unit has killed of 23 of its opponents 25 man-advantage opportunities over the past seven games.
Avalanche injuries: C Paul Stastny (appendectomy), LW Ryan Smyth (ankle), D Kurt Sauer (neck), and C Joe Sakic (hernia) are out.
Predators injuries: C Radek Bonk (arm) is questionable. C David Legwand (lower leg), R Jordin Tootoo (hip flexor), LW Darcy Hordichuk (leg) and LW Steve Sullivan (back) are out.

Last edited by irisheyes555: 01-22-2008 at 06:10 PM.
irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

these next 2 games tell me if we're buyers or sellers at the deadline

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Ellis is in the nets tonight. Legwand and Bonk both out. Nichol to most likely center the second line.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Ellis is in the nets tonight. Legwand and Bonk both out. Nichol to most likely center the second line.
*prays to 6 Inch baby jesus*

Old
01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Hey guys & gals, any word on Legwand's status yet?

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Old
01-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Dumont's pass to Radulov was absolutely ridiculous. He has been flat out awesome of late, and the entire line has been carrying us.

I thought Radulov would definitely get 30 goals at the start of the season. After the way the team and Radu. came out of the gate, I tempered my expectations to about 20-22. Now 30 is looking possible again!

01-23-2008, 12:16 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Dumont's pass to Radulov was absolutely ridiculous. He has been flat out awesome of late, and the entire line has been carrying us.

I thought Radulov would definitely get 30 goals at the start of the season. After the way the team and Radu. came out of the gate, I tempered my expectations to about 20-22. Now 30 is looking possible again!
It was so sick that Arnott had no idea where the puck was and was still looking for it on Dumont's stick as it was crossing the goal line.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 12:37 AM
braindead

That pass elicited several "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" shouts here. In fairness to Arnott, Theodore also was clueless on where the puck was and he gets paid to watch it.

On the whole, another solid outing. JP could have scored earlier as could Rads on another nifty move. Weber clearly is looking like his old self as each game passes. This team is on a real roll at the moment.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 01:26 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Ellis!

Nice moves by Radulov to finish for the goal.

Good job again Preds!

On the show "On the Fly" the guy said how Colorado really missed the scoring touches of Sakic, Smyth, Stastny etc. Nevermind the fact that COL was only 4-0-1 in their last 5 games. But gee, I didn't know we were playing with a 100% healthy team vs their AHL team.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 07:35 AM
RollingPredFan

I really thought we'd drop this one. Legwand, Bonk out, back to back game with the backup goalie in net who hadn't played is some time.

Just a great overall game by everyone.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
On the show "On the Fly" the guy said how Colorado really missed the scoring touches of Sakic, Smyth, Stastny etc. Nevermind the fact that COL was only 4-0-1 in their last 5 games. But gee, I didn't know we were playing with a 100% healthy team vs their AHL team.
While its no doubt Colorado were hurting with their big guns out, there is some truth in how we are displayed on that network and others as you elude to. Usually we have the last highlight of the night and usually they only talk about what the other team failed to do. Its not really a big deal and just a minor annoyance as I still love the show. Overtime we'll hopefully get that respect.

They did have some nice things to say about us for once though with complimenting Ellis (although not much insight..man i'm picky ).

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 09:39 AM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willem Dafoe View Post
Hey guys & gals, any word on Legwand's status yet?

Old
01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willem Dafoe View Post
From the Tennessean:

Injury update: The Predators were without Radek Bonk (arm), David Legwand (ankle), Jordin Tootoo (hip flexor) and Darcy Hordichuk (leg).

All are expected to miss Thursday's game in Phoenix as well, with the possible exception of Bonk.

Trotz said he's confident Legwand will play in the first game following the All-Star game, but is not so sure about Hordichuk and Tootoo.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
From the Tennessean:

Injury update: The Predators were without Radek Bonk (arm), David Legwand (ankle), Jordin Tootoo (hip flexor) and Darcy Hordichuk (leg).

All are expected to miss Thursday's game in Phoenix as well, with the possible exception of Bonk.

Trotz said he's confident Legwand will play in the first game following the All-Star game, but is not so sure about Hordichuk and Tootoo.
Thanks.