HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundqvist won't visit his pops during the break

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2008, 10:39 AM
  #1
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,871
vCash: 500
Lundqvist won't visit his pops during the break

From Zipay
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Quote:
Henrik Lundqvist said after the game that he would not visit his father, who is recovering from brain surgery, in Sweden during the All-Star break. "I thought about it, talked to my mom, it's a very short time. Tom said he would give me an extra day. But I talk to my dad every second day and I'm confident he's feeling better."

So instead, he and friends will head to Vermont. "It's better to relax," he said," and you don't know how you will react to see your dad in the shape like that. I've got a good feeling inside of me about that and I want to keep it that way. I'll take the break to really recover because it's going to be a really important time for us after that."
Funny that everyone has been talking about this for weeks and instead it's not even going to happen.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 10:52 AM
  #2
dkatzism
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
From Zipay
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/



Funny that everyone has been talking about this for weeks and instead it's not even going to happen.

Now he needs to play like it was never even an issue.

  Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 10:56 AM
  #3
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,274
vCash: 500
Not that surprising when you think about it. After all, it's been almost two months since his dad got sick and time is the best healer. If he has consistently been talking to his father on the phone every second day and feels everything will be fine with him, it's probably the best to just relax instead of rushing half around the globe.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
  #4
zacn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
I forsee a big finale to the season for Lundy. This is about the same time he turned into god last year and it sounds from that quote that he is ready to get his thoughts in order. Let's hope so.

zacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 11:15 AM
  #5
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
Now he needs to play like it was never even an issue.
this does not imply at all it was never an issue. in fact it adds more credence that it was and is.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
  #6
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacn View Post
I forsee a big finale to the season for Lundy. This is about the same time he turned into god last year and it sounds from that quote that he is ready to get his thoughts in order. Let's hope so.
Despite only facing 14 shots or whatever, getting the SO last night could be the boost he needs.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
  #7
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
let's just hope he doesn't get hurt skiing in vermont...

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 02:38 PM
  #8
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
let's just hope he doesn't get hurt skiing in vermont...
Why would you even say that?

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
  #9
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,274
vCash: 500
Don't worry, Lundqvist has said in a previous interview that he will not go to Vermont to take any risks skiing. He knows how risky it is, he's born in a skiing town and all. I guess he just goes there for the scenery, feeling a little bit like home.

Sitting in a cabin with a bonfire with his girlfriend sounds like a smart idea.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 02:49 PM
  #10
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Don't worry, Lundqvist has said in a previous interview that he will not go to Vermont to take any risks skiing. He knows how risky it is, he's born in a skiing town and all. I guess he just goes there for the scenery, feeling a little bit like home.

Sitting in a cabin with a bonfire with his girlfriend sounds like a smart idea.
I love going to Vermont, did last month to visit relatives and just get away from the City in general. And no, didn't ski at all.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
  #11
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 3,918
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
What'd he say about snowboarding!

He said he wouldnt ski!

He's gonna be out there tearing it up

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
  #12
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
It makes sense. He has been playing better, and like he said who knows what seeing his dad is possible bad shape would do to him. I dont mean to sound like a selfish fan, but I can see where he is coming from.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 02:09 PM
  #13
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacn View Post
I forsee a big finale to the season for Lundy. This is about the same time he turned into god last year and it sounds from that quote that he is ready to get his thoughts in order. Let's hope so.
I think the league has figured Lundqvist out - good positional goalie and quick post to post. He is beatable up high on the glove or the stick side. He goes into the butterfly too soon and gets beat up high. I predict he will continue to get beat on shots like this. He is not the superstar that he has been made out to be.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
  #14
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
I think the league has figured Lundqvist out - good positional goalie and quick post to post. He is beatable up high on the glove or the stick side. He goes into the butterfly too soon and gets beat up high. I predict he will continue to get beat on shots like this. He is not the superstar that he has been made out to be.
Too bad you are wrong

He doesn't get beat up high any more than Brodeur, Luongo or Dipietro according to this:

http://hockeynumbers.blogspot.com/2007/04/goalie.html

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
  #15
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
I think the league has figured Lundqvist out - good positional goalie and quick post to post. He is beatable up high on the glove or the stick side. He goes into the butterfly too soon and gets beat up high. I predict he will continue to get beat on shots like this. He is not the superstar that he has been made out to be.
You just described the weakness of every goalie in the league.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 06:30 PM
  #16
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
I think the league has figured Lundqvist out - good positional goalie and quick post to post. He is beatable up high on the glove or the stick side. He goes into the butterfly too soon and gets beat up high. I predict he will continue to get beat on shots like this. He is not the superstar that he has been made out to be.
That's a bunch of garbage. Every goalie is beatable up high...that's how goals are scored. Considering Hank is one of the best in that category you need to find a new angle on your hating, since this one is weak.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 09:35 PM
  #17
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Too bad you are wrong

He doesn't get beat up high any more than Brodeur, Luongo or Dipietro according to this:

http://hockeynumbers.blogspot.com/2007/04/goalie.html
Everyone on this site kiss his butt like he is a god - he is not that great - we are seeing what he is about the past few months.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 09:36 PM
  #18
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That's a bunch of garbage. Every goalie is beatable up high...that's how goals are scored. Considering Hank is one of the best in that category you need to find a new angle on your hating, since this one is weak.
He has no glove - that is the bottom line. He is a good goalie - not great.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
  #19
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
He has no glove - that is the bottom line. He is a good goalie - not great.
I'd say that while he may not be "great", he's certainly better than "good." Well time will tell.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
  #20
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
He has no glove - that is the bottom line. He is a good goalie - not great.
He uses his glove as a blocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
Everyone on this site kiss his butt like he is a god - he is not that great - we are seeing what he is about the past few months.
So he was bad for a month, therefore his career is only going to be average?

He was going through some trouble at the time, and before that he was starting every game.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.