HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Darz

vCash: 500

Please feel free to continues discussing everything Hamilton/Cincinnati here.

Here's a link to the old thread,

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=381150

Last edited by montreal: 01-23-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old
01-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Mathletic

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but the Canadiens are trying to bring the Bulldogs in Laval

Old
01-23-2008, 12:35 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but the Canadiens are trying to bring the Bulldogs in Laval
, you're kidding, right?

Habs Prospects website
Old
01-23-2008, 02:00 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCinBin View Post
Ah, Montreal Dan I suppose? Thanks for the updates. We really appreciate the info you guys dish out, and I personally love your website. Have it in my bookmarks.
Yup that's me. The Cincy fans have been helpful letting me know how the Hab prospects have been doing the past season and a half. Glad you like the site.

At this point I have to wonder if you will be seeing Aubin anytime soon, as I hope he can stick with the Dogs, but I was a little surprised when they sent down Urquhart as he was putting points on the board.

As for the Dogs, hope to see them pull out a win tonight, things are heating up in their division, 2nd through 5th is seperated by just 3 pts. The Dogs have games in hand on all teams but only 1 on the Moose, 5 on the Crunch and 3 on the Griffins.

Also props to the Cyclones, 154 goals in 37 games leads the ECHL, they have a goal dif of +62 yikes! they have a real battle with the jackals for 1st place.

Old
01-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"

Quote:

in Laval???????????????? Do you mean to Laval? That would explain why they haven't signed on for the 5 year extension.
The problem is the Bulldogs AHL franchise is owned by Mike Andlauer. They would have to get him to agree to move, or another owner to move there and switch affiliations, The third possiblity would be for the Canadiens to purchase a dormant franchise, if there is one out there.

Link please.

Old
01-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I used to live near Laval.

Old
01-23-2008, 06:41 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Jon Gleed is back in the line-up, Andrew Archer is out with a knee injury, Price in net, Russell is apparently cleared to play after his concusion but won't play tonight.

Also, Greg Stewart switched jersey # for #16 and Russell for #20 (Russell had 16...) Actually, they are both taking their junior #...

Last edited by habsprospects: 01-23-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old
01-23-2008, 06:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

1-0 Lake Erie.

Old
01-23-2008, 07:03 PM
HotPie

Grrr. Was it a bad goal?

Old
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Qui Gon Dave

End of the 1st - Monsters lead 1-0

Fairly even period with Lake Erie able to take advantage of a Dogs mistake in open play. They couldn't do anything with the man advantage but they did find a way to score on one of their few chances. Not a vastly exciting period, but the Dogs did well apart from the odd mistake/penalty.

Tank started things off with a big hit. Not his biggest but he set the tone early. The Chipchura and Locke lines are both in tact still, good to see a little continuity for those guys. Chipchura was one of the better Dogs in that period. Nearly split the D on a rush from the neutral zone, but just didn't quite have the extra step he needed to be clean through. He was able to protect the puck though and keep possession. At the end of that shift, he walked towards the net from the left wing a fired a low shot through a crowd. Milroy was by the crease looking for a rebound but he didn't have any luck with that.

Cote had a good play / bad play at the Monsters blueline. The good one was an impressive diving play to keep the puck in the zone, although little came of it. The bad play was much more influential. The play was in the Monsters zone and there was a battle for the puck. Cote took a step back as if preparing for play to go the other way before correcting himself and stepping up again by a single stride. Just as he did that, play broke down towards Price and Cote was caught flat footed and from that point, he was hard backchecking to catch up with the 2 on 1. From the right wing, the forward took the puck to the net before flipping a pass across the ice to Jeff Friesen who one timed the puck home. With the lack of footspeed he has, I'd prefer to see Cote make the safe play and just continue heading back, but that's in the past now.

On the PK, the Dogs did a good job, the Monsters could get little going even when on the PP. At the other end, not many good chances for the Dogs. Lahti had a shot that the keeper rebounded right back to him. He tried sliding it back on goal but Wall made the save and covered up. Otherwise, a few shots have been taken, but nothing that really looked like going in.

2nd period coming up...

Old
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

1-1: Ferland (11) from Carle & Degon (PP)

Old
01-23-2008, 07:40 PM
TheCinBin

Send a message via AIM to TheCinBin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Jon Gleed is back in the line-up, Andrew Archer is out with a knee injury, Price in net, Russell is apparently cleared to play after his concusion but won't play tonight.

Also, Greg Stewart switched jersey # for #16 and Russell for #20 (Russell had 16...) Actually, they are both taking their junior #...
Stewy had # 16 here as well.

Old
01-23-2008, 07:40 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

2-1 Lake Erie on the PP.

Old
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Qui Gon Dave

End of the 2nd - Monsters lead 2-1

Dogs had more chances in that period but are failing to convert them. The period started with a nice play by the Chip line. Milroy played the puck down low from the right wing to Chipchura. He protected the puck and made a spin around pass to Baines in front. He had an almost empty net to shoot at but I think the Dman got a skate or stick in the way.

The Dogs did get level on the PP with Lever starting Carle and Degon on the point. Degon passed it to Carle inside the left point, he walked in a put the puck on net. from there, it was a complete scramble with one Dog getting checked into the goalie, but Ferland somehow managed to get a stick on it and convert it. Good to see him getting a few goals once again. Ferland from Carle and Degon on the PP.

Chipchura set Lemieux up on the back post, but anyone who has been following the Dogs this season can probably work out for themselves how that one ended. As the play developed, Gleed walked in from the left point and got close to the net before firing a shot just wide. Later on, Lahti made a pass in front to Manlow as he went by the crease but his one timer was well saved.

The Monsters took the lead again on the PP. A point shot bounced around the Dogs crease before it was tapped in at the near side. they nearly scored again as Richardson walked in behind the D but Price made a right pad save and gave the D some time to get back into position.

Dogs nearly tied it late, again on the PP. The Tank-Degon pairing was back together and Tank wired the puck low on goal. The rebound fell to Ferland who was only able to shoot the puck off the post.

The Dogs are still very much in this one, but they need to take their chances when they get them.

3rd period coming up...

Old
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

2-2: Locke (16) unassisted (PP)

Old
01-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Qui Gon Dave

(this'll be brief as a repeat of the Habs/Bruins game from last night has just started on TV here)

3rd period:

Chip lost the puck at the far blueline, handling it too much. The player who broke the other way fired it on net but Price stopped it with his head.

Locke scored unassisted on the PP. He wired a laser high short side from the far circle.

Baines missed a good chance in close while D'Ago had a good shot saved and showed some of his puck handling skills. The Dogs had a 4 on 2, Locke fed Lahti for a shot but it was saved.

OT: No goals although a few chances each end. Shootout coming up. Hope it ends quickly, I want to enjoy the Bruins getting spanked once again

Shootout:

D'Agostini - shoots and scores
Stewart - got too close, Price saved

Locke - misses on backhand
Jones - shoots and scores high glove side

Chipchura - stopped with a pokecheck
Lundmark - shoots high, Price saves it

Ferland - shoots, saved
Healey - backhand, hits post no goal

still 1-1

Lahti - kicksave on one handed backhand
Friesen - left pad save by Price

sudden death

D'ago - scores with a shot five hole
Jones - makes a move but Price makes a huge toe save with his left leg.

Dogs win in their first shootout win this season.

And now, I must go laugh at the Bruins. Again. Good night.

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 01-23-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old
01-23-2008, 08:51 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Going in SO, 2-2, Dogs outshouted Lake Erie 40-18.

Dogs wins the SO 2-1, D'Agostini 2/2, Price 5/6.

Last edited by habsprospects: 01-23-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old
01-23-2008, 10:54 PM
zurg999

I'm amazed Chipchura didn't get a star or workhorse mention. From where I was sitting he was the most effective player in the ice, save maybe Wall (opposing goalie).

D'Ago didn't have a strong first period but woke up and looked very good after.

Not Carle's best game, he lost a lot of battles but still made a few impressive outlet passes and had one good rush near the end of the game.

Valentenko is just one mean piece of work, you can see it in his face everytime he measures the guy rushing up his side.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:24 AM
pc_md

Quote:
Part III... Montreal board rocks !

Quote:
Valentenko is just one mean piece of work, you can see it in his face everytime he measures the guy rushing up his side.

Quote:
and I personally love your website. Have it in my bookmarks.
Yep. Your site is really nice. Where do you get all those pictures ? Do you take them yourself ?

Old
01-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
, you're kidding, right?
nope, there's serious talks. Nobody broke the news yet because nothing is official but it's been reported by Eric Fichaud and other people that the Canadiens are trying to move the Dogs to Laval.

Old
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
nope, there's serious talks. Nobody broke the news yet because nothing is official but it's been reported by Eric Fichaud and other people that the Canadiens are trying to move the Dogs to Laval.
that would be awesome as I live in Laval.

but where would they play?! Colisée de Laval (House of pain)??

Old
01-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Hamilton won't let them go without a fight, thats for sure....

Now if you could help them get an NHL team, they'd be happy to part with the dogs.

Old
01-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Hamilton won't let them go without a fight, thats for sure....

Now if you could help them get an NHL team, they'd be happy to part with the dogs.
I don't know if the Bulldogs would move to Laval or if the Canadiens would buy some AHL franchise or whatever. All I know is that the Canadiens have yet to re-new their contract with Hamilton and they're waiting to do so because they want their farm team in laval.

Old
01-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Blue'sClues
Miss you "Beetle"

Right now the Montreal Canadiens do not own an AHL team so a lot of pieces would have to fall into place really quickly.

Not that I could really blame them, Hamilton will not support an AHL club playing out of Copps. Especially one that is affiliated with Montreal, right in the heart of Leaf country.

The only way Hamilton might support an AHL club is if a new arena with 6,000 to 7,000 seats is built. This would make for a much better hockey atmosphere.

If you want to add a little tidbit to your rumour the Sabres do not have an affiliation for next season. If the Canadiens were to purchase another existing affilite and move it to Laval, perhaps the Sabre might shuffle of to nearby Hamilton?

Old
01-25-2008, 03:53 PM
albertabound

Any updates on Chipchura's play and Price. would be greatly appreicated us people in the west don't seem to be able get any games or information on our players of interest.

Closed Thread