Notices

Is it irony?

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2004, 10:40 PM
knuble

vCash: 500
Is it irony?

How ironic could it be that 2 days after the habs or Ribero pulls his stunt the Habs get NO CALL on a real penalty! :lol

It should have been a slashing penalty but the refs ignored it!

Although, when you see the play again...it shouldn't have hurt! Green hit the padding on the glove.

Next thing we will see is Theodore sprawled over the ice because he got hit with the puck! The habs got a bad rep. thanks to Ribero.

Not sure what is better...Ribero getting what he deserves or the whole team getting punished for it!

Just for the record, I thought the Bruins would take the smart approach and play to win first, kill Ribero later!

What do you think???

Last edited by knuble: 04-13-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old
04-13-2004, 10:49 PM
maswe12

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuble
How ironic could it be that 2 days after the habs or Ribero pulls his stunt the Habs get NO CALL on a real penalty! :lol

Although, when you see the play again...it shouldn't have hurt! Green hit the padding on the glove.

Next thing we will see is Theodore sprwled over the ice because he got hit with the puck! The habs got a bad rep. thanks to Ribero.

Not sure what is better...Ribero getting what he deserves or the whole team getting punished for it!

Just for the record, I thought the Bruins would take the smart approach and play to win first, kill Ribero later!

What do you think???
POETIC JUSTICE

Old
04-13-2004, 10:52 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maswe12
POETIC JUSTICE
Amen...poetic justice!!!

It makes me so happy to think of all of the Montreal fans, many of which booed the anthem and booed an injured player, crying and moaning about a harmless slash that cost them a huge game.

It kills me that they could sit there and support a player that would literally quit on the puck at his own blueline during double OT. He gambled on buying another bad call on a harmless slash and he cost his team. It's just so damn funny!!!

Old
04-13-2004, 11:09 PM
knuble

Just Imagine

just imagine if we were at full strength!

700lbs line being the way they have been for 2 years, the new dynamic trio line & the Rolston line!

If I were to rewind a bit...I would like it better if we still had Sandy Mccarthy! He can play hockey pretty good for a fighter! The Habs would be alot sore and the Bruins would be better off health wise!

I fear that the Bruins...Nylander & Thornton & Gonchar are taking a beating! the habs have pin pointed these guys and slowly jabbed away at them! I hope the bruins finish them off so the can recover! Hats off to the Habs for putting up a good fight & making a good series!

That being said, the Leafs & Senators are beating the piss out of each other. The Philly Devils series is starting to toughen up....I still believe that the flyers are still trying to recover from all thier injuries. Roenick & Primeau cant't be at full health. Cheers to them being hockey warriors.

Bigger cheers for Thornton for playing hurt. He has to be hurting...he just doen't dominate like he could! Thats too bad...I am sure he would love to unleash his rath riht about now! Hopefully he an Nylander heal for soon. Hopefully Gonchar keeps it together. He has been taking alot of hits...WHY PUT HIM OUT ON THE PENALTY KILL? Let him rest up a bit...he looks tired!

He is not Bourque you know!

Old
04-13-2004, 11:10 PM
ThorntoNeely198

Send a message via AIM to ThorntoNeely198
Go grab a dictionary. Look up the word "irony." You'll now you've found it when you get to the picture of Murray dumping the puck past Theodore while Kovalev is trying to dress up a slash to draw another penalty. Add this to the fact that Ribeiro's two playoff goals were rendered meaningless by the incident, and you've got what IMHO might just be...

Best. Ending. Ever.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:10 PM
maswe12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13
Amen...poetic justice!!!

It makes me so happy to think of all of the Montreal fans, many of which booed the anthem and booed an injured player, crying and moaning about a harmless slash that cost them a huge game.

It kills me that they could sit there and support a player that would literally quit on the puck at his own blueline during double OT. He gambled on buying another bad call on a harmless slash and he cost his team. It's just so damn funny!!!

I honestly thought ribeiro would get the trick in OT. I couldnt believe he was the one scoring tonight...but the hockey gods gave us the last laugh. Through the wonder that is TIVO you can see the stick hit his glove/pants and didnt really touch his wrist. In a reg season 2nd period that may be a slash but not in OT in the playoffs. I couldnt believe that he would not only embellish the slash but give up on the play. I know some people on the boards are incensed but I was watching with some habs fans and they were utterly disgusted with kovalev. They should put tonights game in a dictionary for the perfect instance of poetic justice.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:12 PM
maswe12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntoNeely198
Go grab a dictionary. Look up the word "irony." You'll now you've found it when you get to the picture of Murray dumping the puck past Theodore while Kovalev is trying to dress up a slash to draw another penalty. Add this to the fact that Ribeiro's two playoff goals were rendered meaningless by the incident, and you've got what IMHO might just be...

Best. Ending. Ever.
Ahh I didnt see this post. Oh well its SOOOOO true and deserves repetition.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:17 PM
knuble

or you can add a new word...a verb "Kovelev was pulling a Ribero" :lol

Old
04-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:

Next thing we will see is Theodore sprawled over the ice because he got hit with the puck! The habs got a bad rep. thanks to Ribero.

What do you think???
I think your nuts if you think that should have been a penalty. Green gave him a tap, thats all. There were many, many worse infractions not called. Kovalev was acting. Unless he shows up with his wrist in a cast tomorrow and doesnt play he has no excuse....he committed about as bad of a hockey crime as one could make. If he was my teammate I would renounce him.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:23 PM
knuble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I think your nuts if you think that should have been a penalty. Green gave him a tap, thats all. There were many, many worse infractions not called. Kovalev was acting. Unless he shows up with his wrist in a cast tomorrow and doesnt play he has no excuse....he committed about as bad of a hockey crime as one could make. If he was my teammate I would renounce him.

It was a slash, it looked like a slash & Kovelev pulled a Ribero and acted like it was a slash! Since they didn't call any other ones maybe they should NOT have called that one...but in all the games I've seen this year NORMALLY that would have been called. But that was before the "Ribero Factor" :

Can you see what I am doing! I am taking every opportunity to mention "the Ribero incident" in hopes that it rubs salt in the Habs wounds.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Waltah*

damn this feels good W000000T!!!!

Old
04-13-2004, 11:28 PM
knuble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC UL8R1990
damn this feels good W000000T!!!!
Oh yeah!

Old
04-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
It was a slash, it looked like a slash & Kovelev pulled a Ribero and acted like it was a slash! Since they didn't call any other ones maybe they should NOT have called that one...but in all the games I've seen this year NORMALLY that would have been called. But that was before the "Ribero Factor" :

Can you see what I am doing! I am taking every opportunity to mention "the Ribero incident" in hopes that it rubs salt in the Habs wounds.
It may have been called, it may not. Who knows...I have seen much worse than that go. Green tapped him...IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE. In a playoff OT game they will NEVER call that. Plus the way Kovalev reacted probably made the refs laugh.

Old
04-13-2004, 11:36 PM
knuble

More Irony

Kovalev gets Thornton from behind at full speed...gets a penalty!

Kovalev gets slashed...no penalty!

I like the "Ribero Factor" :lol

Old
04-14-2004, 08:14 AM
QcS

If he was my teammate I would renounce him.

well his coach and one of the Habs best dmen (Souray) were NOT happy at Kovalev after the game.

Souray flat out said that you "DON't STOP PLAYING".

Old
04-14-2004, 08:20 AM
wensink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28
If he was my teammate I would renounce him.

well his coach and one of the Habs best dmen (Souray) were NOT happy at Kovalev after the game.

Souray flat out said that you "DON't STOP PLAYING".

I wouldn't do it publicly. Especially when the series isn't over. I completely understand and empathize with Souray. But he shouldn't have been so public with his comments.

Not that I'm really complaining.

Old
04-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Mad-Marcus

Pretty sad day for hockey that you stop playing while trying to draw a call.
Kovalev has permenantly ruined his reputation. It COULD have been called even though that was a love tap in hockey terms. Anybody that has played has given and gotten that type of whack. But to quit on the play. Boy, Kovalev must not be thought of highly by the guys in the room if Souray hung him out in his interview like he did.

Old
04-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Duguay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13
Amen...poetic justice!!!

Don't misread me, cos I'm loving every minute of this!
(Gary Valk! Now that's a good one)
The board has been very entertaining this morning, and yes the Hockey Gods have punished the Habs for being weasels; however, just for the record, I don't think it would be fair to quantify the fans who booed...as "many."
They were by far the minority, and I think it's an important distinction to make, for as a Canadian (like most Canadians) I am very embarrassed by such a lack of class being displayed to our friendly neighbour - - on our soil.
It's intolerable, but in return, it's nice to see that despite the Bruins getting outplayed, we are out-lucking the opponent.
For many years, It has been the other way around.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Duguay

He's done it before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus
Pretty sad day for hockey that you stop playing while trying to draw a call.
Kovalev has permenantly ruined his reputation. It COULD have been called even though that was a love tap in hockey terms. Anybody that has played has given and gotten that type of whack. But to quit on the play. Boy, Kovalev must not be thought of highly by the guys in the room if Souray hung him out in his interview like he did.
Back in 95 when he was with the Rangers -- to a different result. That time it actually worked for him! So this type of scurrilous behaviour has a precedent.
After a slash in that playoff with Quebec, he dropped to the ice like a stone, and didn't move while Joe Sakic stole the puck and raced down to the other end and scored. Just about the same time he scored though, the ref (who had asked him to get up), blew the whistle when he didn't respond. Ultimately, it cost Quebec a goal, and Kovalev was ok. Many people blamed him then for faking.

Old
04-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Stock Rocks

That ref was none other than current NHL head of officials, Andy Van Hellemond.

Closed Thread