HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Suspension? (Kovalchuk Suspended 1 Game)

View Poll Results: Does Kovalchuks Hit warrant a suspension?
Yes. 1-4 games 74 56.92%
Yes. 5-9 games 6 4.62%
Yes. 10+ games 6 4.62%
No. The 5 min major/game misconduct was sufficient. 44 33.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
good call, just as i expected.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 04:43 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Happy to see him suspended for one game.

This is really good news for leetch night, if they play like last time, man we are going to steamroll them again.

Bring smiles to my face, boys.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Devils Mike*

Send a message via MSN to Devils Mike*
Wow too many of you guys are overreacting. A couple years back people would laugh at this kind of hit as a suspension. 5 minutes was enough. It really wasn't that bad.

Devils Mike* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
Wow too many of you guys are overreacting. A couple years back people would laugh at this kind of hit as a suspension. 5 minutes was enough. It really wasn't that bad.
Ok. Well then I hope it happens to Parise, we'll see if your opinion changes then.

In case you haven't noticed. This is a different NHL. A "couple years back" is like centuries away compared to the calls made today. This is actually a call that SHOULD and WAS made. You can't leave your feet to hit a player, especially since he just gave Rozsival a cheap shot just before. Dirty plays will result in suspensions/fines.

Old
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Ok. Well then I hope it happens to Parise, we'll see if your opinion changes then.

In case you haven't noticed. This is a different NHL. A "couple years back" is like centuries away compared to the calls made today. This is actually a call that SHOULD and WAS made. You can't leave your feet to hit a player, especially since he just gave Rozsival a cheap shot just before. Dirty plays will result in suspensions/fines.
I don't wish it to happen on anyone. But I do think a fan of an opposing team would be saying something different if it happened one of their guys and not a rival.

01-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Smashley

Can't say that i'm terribly saddened....

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 05:04 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't wish it to happen on anyone. But I do think a fan of an opposing team would be saying something different if it happened one of their guys and not a rival.
It's a typical Devil fan. What else is new. For the record I wouldn't even wish that on Brodeur, but honestly, 99.9% of Devil fans would be calling for his head if that had been Parise or any of their players.

Old
01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
BleedzOilerBlue

sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
that's bs... Campbell officially has no nuts...
Colin Campbell should be kicked in his empty sack !

BleedzOilerBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedzOilerBlue View Post
Colin Campbell should be kicked in his empty sack !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
As per TSN Kovalchuk gets a one game suspension.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/
Bah the one time I don't want the league to act fast, they do. I'd rather have seen the Rangers police the situation themselves.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 07:01 PM
BleedzOilerBlue

All I ask for from Campbell is consistency !

BleedzOilerBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Bury Your Head

Good for Kovalchump. Although I do wish we could've handled the situation ourselves tomorrow. Maybe Colton Orr could have Matt Cullen'd him (no offense to Matt Cullen).

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 07:51 PM
John Torturella

He definitely deserved what he got. It was a dirty hit and a very dangerous one at that.

Eric Cole had his neck broken on a similar hit from behind. The NHL cant allow these kinds of plays to happen or someone is gonna get killed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WRMz6A6r5fs

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
DekeR

Look, its the hitting from behind thats the problem and secondly the leaping. Its a cowardly way to hit another player. I think Orr should send a message to the clown. Not to my team member!

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 11:14 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeR View Post
Look, its the hitting from behind thats the problem and secondly the leaping. Its a cowardly way to hit another player. I think Orr should send a message to the clown. Not to my team member!
...and don't forget he lead with his elbow. This guy had the trifecta!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:21 AM
eco's bones

It was a dirty hit. I thought the game misconduct was well warranted but enough. I'm not sorry he won't be in the lineup tonight though. Inferno and Bluenote13 made some good points for a short suspension anyway.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 08:03 AM
RANGERS2448

imo the only reason the kept him out of this game is b/c there playing us again in fear we would go after him hopefully it will have the same efect lets get them tonight

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 08:07 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I think 3 games would have been better. The guy was clearly out there with the mindset and intentions of doing something to Rozsival. There was clear intent to injure. The game was quiet as far as big hitting was going at that point and if Kovalchuk wanted to get his team going then he should have been a man and dropped the gloves with Orr. Instead he took one run at Rozsival where even though Micheletti said it was a clean hit, it did look like he got the elbow up. But he wasnt done there. He proceeded to skate and charge at Rozsival, leave his feet, and hit him when he was in a vulnerable position.

Wish the guy was on our team, but c'mon what were you thinking Kovalchuk???

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I think 3 games would have been better. The guy was clearly out there with the mindset and intentions of doing something to Rozsival. There was clear intent to injure. The game was quiet as far as big hitting was going at that point and if Kovalchuk wanted to get his team going then he should have been a man and dropped the gloves with Orr. Instead he took one run at Rozsival where even though Micheletti said it was a clean hit, it did look like he got the elbow up. But he wasnt done there. He proceeded to skate and charge at Rozsival, leave his feet, and hit him when he was in a vulnerable position.

Wish the guy was on our team, but c'mon what were you thinking Kovalchuk???
1 game was all the hit deserved. Any cries for more is being melodramatic. He left his feet and hit Rosie, who was in a prone position. Stupid move on Kovalchuk's part. Wasn't nearly the worst or most dangerous hit I've ever seen.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
gravy121

Glad that though it is rare, the victimized team gets the benefit of playing the team minus the suspeneded player.

THough perhaps not practical for a variety of reasons, I often wondered if in minor suspendable offences (like this instance, where the penalty is one or two games) if the player's suspension should be apllied to the next game or games against the victimized team, if they rematch later that season.

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy121 View Post
Glad that though it is rare, the victimized team gets the benefit of playing the team minus the suspeneded player.

THough perhaps not practical for a variety of reasons, I often wondered if in minor suspendable offences (like this instance, where the penalty is one or two games) if the player's suspension should be apllied to the next game or games against the victimized team, if they rematch later that season.
If the player doesn't play that team again for a couple of months, then the act went virtually unpunished.

Old
01-24-2008, 10:39 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
1 game was all the hit deserved. Any cries for more is being melodramatic. He left his feet and hit Rosie, who was in a prone position. Stupid move on Kovalchuk's part. Wasn't nearly the worst or most dangerous hit I've ever seen.
I'm not crying at all, I just feel that the way it all developed he should have got a couple more

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I'm not crying at all, I just feel that the way it all developed he should have got a couple more
It's a rough game. As I said, not that bad of a hit. He left his feet and hit a prone player. He got tossed and suspended (essentially, he's missed two games). I think it's just.

Old
01-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy121 View Post

thats not a bad idea at all. i like it!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote